Author Topic: PoP 4 Planned by Ubisoft  (Read 1495 times)

Offline MysterD

• Forum god
  • OWNet 4 Eternity & Beyond
PoP 4 Planned by Ubisoft
« on: Wednesday, January 23, 2008, 06:23:52 PM »
So yeah, Ubisoft is planning a PoP 4.

The Return of the Prince [January 23, 2008, 8:07 pm ET] - Viewing Comments

Ubisoft confirms new Prince of Persia in fiscal '08 is based on Ubisoft's third quarter financials that reveal plans for a new installment in the Prince of Persia series in their fiscal 2008-2009 year, which begins in April. No other details are provided, but there are some purported early screenshots and speculation on Surfer Girl Reviews Star Wars where the game is referred to as Prince of Persia 4/0/Ghosts of the Past, said to be currently in development at Ubisoft Montreal.

Yeah....

...And I bet if there's a PC version planned by Ubisoft, the minimum requirements will probably require a Intel Quad Processor, a 3 GB GeForce 9800 video card, and 8 GM RAM, a Blu-Ray Disc Drive, and other ridiculous stuff... :P

Okay, back to the subject at hand -- Yay for another PoP!!! :)

Offline Quemaqua

• 古い塩
  • Administrator
  • Forum god
  • パンダは触るな。
    • Bookruptcy
Re: PoP 4 Planned by Ubisoft
« Reply #1 on: Wednesday, January 23, 2008, 09:04:39 PM »
I still haven't played the last 2.  I do want to, though, and I own the 2nd.  Though I wonder where the hell I put it.  It was a long while ago...

天才的な閃きと平均以下のテクニックやな。 課長有野

Offline gpw11

• Gold Member
« Reply #2 on: Wednesday, January 23, 2008, 11:53:33 PM »
I really liked the third one, the second one was pretty mediocre as far as I'm concerned.

Offline Pugnate

• What? You no like?
  • Global Moderator
  • Forum god
    • OW
« Reply #3 on: Thursday, January 24, 2008, 12:22:22 AM »
I only played the first, because I don't like games infected by consolitis.

Offline Xessive

• Gold Member
    • XSV @ deviantART
« Reply #4 on: Thursday, January 24, 2008, 01:42:44 AM »
Haha all of the PoP game sare essentially the same (control-wise). It's mouse+kb & joypad compatible :D

I remember seeing some leaked images of the "new PoP" a while back, and some speculation indicating it may be a prequel to the current trilogy.

Offline TheOtherBelmont

• Post-aholic
« Reply #5 on: Thursday, January 24, 2008, 03:13:12 AM »
Hmm, I really don't see the need for another PoP, the original trilogy wrapped things up nicely.  I wonder what else they could do.

Offline MysterD

• Forum god
  • OWNet 4 Eternity & Beyond
« Reply #6 on: Thursday, January 24, 2008, 02:35:58 PM »
Haha all of the PoP game sare essentially the same (control-wise). It's mouse+kb & joypad compatible :D

I remember seeing some leaked images of the "new PoP" a while back, and some speculation indicating it may be a prequel to the current trilogy.

Prequel, eh?
Interesting.

Seems to be a lot of prequels planned for games and movies, ever since Star Wars movies made it kind of popular...