Author Topic: GRAW 2 Announced for PC, X360, PS3 & PSP for Spring 2007  (Read 3110 times)

Offline MysterD

• Forum god
  • OWNet 4 Eternity & Beyond
GRAW 2 Announced for PC, X360, PS3 & PSP for Spring 2007
« on: Friday, December 08, 2006, 02:58:06 PM »
GRAW2 announced, planned for released in Spring 07

Paris-based Ubisoft confirmed today (deep breath) Tom Clancy’s Ghost Recon Advanced Warfighter 2 for Xbox 360, PS3, PSP and PC.

ImageThe original, critically-acclaimed GRAW was a big seller for Ubisoft during its fiscal first quarter earlier this year, as it sold over 570,000 units for Xbox 360 and PC just for that period. The game also arrived on the PlayStation 2 and original Xbox.

As the current-gen fades into the distance, Ubisoft’s Paris and Red Storm studios are bringing GRAW 2 to Microsoft’s and Sony’s next-gen consoles, along with a PSP and PC version.

The game again takes place during a near-future conflict where an elite US fighting unit known as the Ghosts is the last hope for security.

An Ubisoft statement promised more realistic visuals, new locations and improved AI among other features.

The game is set to launch in spring 2007.

Offline Pugnate

• What? You no like?
  • Global Moderator
  • Forum god
    • OW
Re: GRAW 2 Announced for PC, X360, PS3 & PSP for Spring 2007
« Reply #1 on: Friday, December 08, 2006, 03:46:44 PM »

So wait.. we had Ghost Recon and then Ghost Recon 2 and then wasn't this Ghost Recon 3?

Offline MysterD

• Forum god
« Reply #2 on: Friday, December 08, 2006, 03:51:52 PM »

So wait.. we had Ghost Recon and then Ghost Recon 2 and then wasn't this Ghost Recon 3?

Yup...

But, they dropped the numbering scheme, somewhat. Now using it for the sub-title.

So, Ghost Recon: Advanced Warfighter will have a direct sequel, GRAW 2.

Offline MysterD

• Forum god
« Reply #3 on: Friday, December 08, 2006, 04:22:39 PM »
More info on GRAW2

Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon Advanced Warfighter 2 builds off of the events in the first game and places gamers in control of the U.S. military's elite fighting unit, the Ghosts. In the year 2014, the rising conflict between Mexican loyalists and insurgent rebel forces has thrown Mexico into full-scale civil war. Under the command of Captain Scott Mitchell, the Ghosts are called upon to face an imminent threat to the United States. The fate of two countries now lies in the hands of the Ghosts as they fend off an attack on U.S. soil. Equipped with the most cutting-edge weaponry and technology, the Ghosts must battle on both sides of the border to neutralize the escalating rebel threat.

Key Features:

* Groundbreaking Visual Experience: The war zone in Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon Advanced Warfighter comes to life as you navigate through trash-strewn streets and pick off enemies from behind bomb-scarred structures. The cutting-edge physics and particle systems will show you some of the most intense and realistic explosions, smoke, and environment destruction ever seen in a video game. Dynamic lighting and shadows will morph as real-time day/night cycles and a constantly changing weather system require you to adjust to the changing conditions on the fly.
    * All-New Battlegrounds: For the first time ever, the Ghosts will defend U.S. soil from a cross-border attack, taking the fight to all-new locations. The Ghosts will battle enemies in mountain terrains, barren deserts and even on their home turf in El Paso, Texas. Each environment presents its own benefits and challenges and will call for fresh tactical approaches.
    * Vastly Improved Artificial Intelligence (AI): Watch your back as rebels send their own team members to flank your position or gain vantage points by utilizing vertical gameplay to pick you off from the rooftops above. Improved squad-mate AI will now feed you more of the information you need with descriptive commands like "enemy spotted behind red truck ahead."
    * Improved Cross-Com: The revolutionary new Cross-Com 2.0 will give the player more information than ever before. You will be able to see what your friendly forces see in the top left display and the click of a button will expand that to full-screen view for a clearer and more precise picture. This will give you a more comprehensive view of the entire battlefield. The new Full Command View will allow unprecedented precision in developing and issuing tactical plans on the battlefield.
    * Expanded Support: Command lethal air strikes with jet fighters, gain mobile cover for otherwise impassable situations and replenish armaments on the battlefield using an unmanned artillery MULE. Players can now heal their team on the battlefield, including squad leader Scott Mitchell, with an all-new Medic class of soldier.

Offline iPPi

• Roar!
« Reply #4 on: Friday, December 08, 2006, 06:30:52 PM »
I've played a bit of GRAW and it is a very impressive game.  The game engine is also quite amazing.

One problem though is the fact that in the first game, you spend a large amount of time at night, which means you'll have to use nightvision and then the game doesn't look so good since you're looking through green blurry lenses.

I hope with GRAW2 they will try to focus gameplay during the day.

Offline Xessive

• Gold Member
    • XSV @ deviantART
« Reply #5 on: Friday, December 08, 2006, 07:58:00 PM »
I've played a bit of GRAW and it is a very impressive game.  The game engine is also quite amazing.

One problem though is the fact that in the first game, you spend a large amount of time at night, which means you'll have to use nightvision and then the game doesn't look so good since you're looking through green blurry lenses.

I hope with GRAW2 they will try to focus gameplay during the day.
Seriously? I played as much as I could of GRAW before I got bored, and it's been bright day all along. I remember I was on the 3rd or 4th mission. I liked a lot of the features it offered, but it turned out to be very boring, and I'm comparing it to Ghost Recon 1! Plus I really hate the checkpoint save system. It was alright, but way over-hyped.

Aside from that it's annoying that it installs the PhysX driver even if you don't have an Ageia PhysX card.. Even worse the driver that installs with it is bugged, it doesn't uninstall properly. Thankfully It can be removed with a bit of dabbling in the registry.

Offline iPPi

• Roar!
« Reply #6 on: Friday, December 08, 2006, 09:14:25 PM »
Well GRAW was designed to be a console game.  It's not surprising that the game isn't that great as a PC game.

And it's at about the 4th or 5th mission that is goes to night time. 

Offline Xessive

• Gold Member
    • XSV @ deviantART
« Reply #7 on: Friday, December 08, 2006, 09:17:36 PM »
Well GRAW was designed to be a console game.  It's not surprising that the game isn't that great as a PC game.

And it's at about the 4th or 5th mission that is goes to night time. 
Ooohh, hehe I must've quit just before then :P I'm thinking about trying to go through it again, but I usually get caught up with something else.

Offline MysterD

• Forum god
« Reply #8 on: Tuesday, January 23, 2007, 02:51:49 PM »
GRAW 2 for the PS3 = DELAYED
All other versions of GRAW, so far, are still on track for  Spring 07

Ubisoft Delays GRAW 2 on PS3
Financials reveal that other versions of GRAW 2 are due soon, where's the PS3 version?
By Luke Smith, 01/23/2007

In their financial report, released today, Ubisoft announced their Q4 lineup for the 2006-2007 fiscal year. Mysteriously absent from that list is the PlayStation 3 version of Ghost Recon Advanced Warfighter 2. The Xbox 360, PSP and PC versions of the game are all listed. Ubisoft informed 1UP that the PlayStation 3 version of the game has not been canceled, it will just release later than the Xbox 360 version of the game.

Splinter Cell and Rainbow Six: Vegas, both of which appeared on the Xbox 360 last year, are set release on PlayStation 3 this quarter. Ubisoft's fiscal year concludes at the end of March.

Offline Xessive

• Gold Member
    • XSV @ deviantART
« Reply #9 on: Wednesday, January 24, 2007, 03:33:21 AM »
I just got back into playing GRAW with my brother, and the coop is what it's all about. Honestly I have no interest in GRAW whatsoever any more except in coop LAN gameplay. I'm sure it would be a lot more fun with more than 2 players too.

Offline MysterD

• Forum god
« Reply #10 on: Sunday, February 11, 2007, 06:43:57 PM »
Seriously? I played as much as I could of GRAW before I got bored, and it's been bright day all along. I remember I was on the 3rd or 4th mission. I liked a lot of the features it offered, but it turned out to be very boring, and I'm comparing it to Ghost Recon 1! Plus I really hate the checkpoint save system. It was alright, but way over-hyped.
Check-point saves suck.

This is why as much as I like this game and Far Cry, who knows when the hell I'll finish them....

Offline iPPi

• Roar!
« Reply #11 on: Sunday, February 11, 2007, 07:15:33 PM »
Dude, the coop in GRAW is completely unrelated to the main storyline in single player, which is kind of retarded, but yea, you're gonna want to play the SP.

Offline MysterD

• Forum god
« Reply #12 on: Sunday, February 11, 2007, 09:32:03 PM »
Dude, the coop in GRAW is completely unrelated to the main storyline in single player, which is kind of retarded, but yea, you're gonna want to play the SP.

I ain't even touched the MP yet for GRAW PC.

Offline Xessive

• Gold Member
    • XSV @ deviantART
« Reply #13 on: Monday, February 12, 2007, 03:52:58 AM »
Well, you could actually play the singleplayer campaign in coop. The other option is OGR, which is actually different (with a little minimap in the HUD) and has a respawn menu (a lot like Battlefield 2). GRAW is not bad, but I discovered that even the multiplayer is boring.. Not quite as boring as the singleplayer campaign though.

I added a blood effects mod, and now it's a little more satisfying to shoot down a tango. I changed some of the gun textures (for some reason I appreciate a black rifle a lot more :P)