Author Topic: Dexter  (Read 2620 times)

Offline JacksRag(e)

Dexter
« on: Friday, October 06, 2006, 06:08:04 PM »
Anyone been catching this Showtime series?  It's only on its first episode so far, but has been really really intriguing.  The main character, Dexter, was abused and abandoned as a boy and, for some reason or another, he started to have these urges to kill animals.  He's grown up to be a forensics pathologist, but in his free time he searches out other violent serial killers and murders them himself.  It's a really interesting take on the criminal mind.  He's obviously got a strong moral code and lives a seemingly normal life, but has these urges to kill and they're channeled into dealing with these murderers.  If you haven't heard about it or anything, check it out.  It's different from a lot of stuff out there.

Offline Pugnate

• What? You no like?
  • Global Moderator
  • Forum god
    • OW
Re: Dexter
« Reply #1 on: Saturday, October 07, 2006, 01:59:02 AM »
In the season finale it is revealed that Dexter posts online under the alias Quemaqua.

But that sounds awesome. I'll check it out.

Offline Raisa

• Veteran
« Reply #2 on: Sunday, October 08, 2006, 05:33:33 PM »
that sounds... scary

I thought you were talking about Dexter's lab at first
Taken.

Offline Pugnate

• What? You no like?
  • Global Moderator
  • Forum god
    • OW
« Reply #3 on: Sunday, October 08, 2006, 11:01:34 PM »
Yea I clicked on this again forgetting I had before thinking it was the cartoon.

Offline Ace_O_Spades

• Poster Child
« Reply #4 on: Monday, October 09, 2006, 11:55:59 AM »
Dexter's Lab always fascinated me because I had/have an unusual fixation with secret chambers and subterranean structures stretching down from the surface, yet hidden.

It was perfect
The CONtrast
...Is the conTRAST
to THE contrast...

Offline Xessive

• Gold Member
    • XSV @ deviantART
« Reply #5 on: Tuesday, November 07, 2006, 02:33:22 AM »
I just watched the first episode of Dexter. Wow. The show is absolutely fascinating. The characters are all enchanting in their own unique ways. And Dex.. Dex is a beautiful monster.

EDIT:
I love the opening intro, it's so rigid :P
« Last Edit: Tuesday, November 07, 2006, 05:36:24 AM by Xessive »

W7RE

« Reply #6 on: Tuesday, November 07, 2006, 07:10:44 AM »
I've had my Tivo setup to tape Dexter since before the first episode aired. I was eharing about it over a month ago and trying to find it in the Tivo's search cuz I wanted to see it. I'm really getting into the show. It's been like 4-5 episodes now, and it turns out I no longer get Showtime. :(  So now I'm trying to download the episode I missed this past sunday.

Offline Quemaqua

• 古い塩
  • Administrator
  • Forum god
  • パンダは触るな。
    • Bookruptcy
« Reply #7 on: Tuesday, November 07, 2006, 07:39:10 AM »
I've been meaning to give this a whirl based on hoob's recommendation, but I just haven't had the time for TV at all lately.  But I may well end up trying this one out later.

天才的な閃きと平均以下のテクニックやな。 課長有野

Offline Xessive

• Gold Member
    • XSV @ deviantART
« Reply #8 on: Tuesday, November 07, 2006, 07:48:42 AM »
I've had my Tivo setup to tape Dexter since before the first episode aired. I was eharing about it over a month ago and trying to find it in the Tivo's search cuz I wanted to see it. I'm really getting into the show. It's been like 4-5 episodes now, and it turns out I no longer get Showtime. :(  So now I'm trying to download the episode I missed this past sunday.
The torrents are rich and healthy my friend :D I just downloaded all six episodes, I've watched the first four, and I'm really into it! I'm saving the remaining episodes for dinner tonight.

Offline nickclone

• Veteran
« Reply #9 on: Thursday, November 09, 2006, 01:50:17 PM »
This is one of my favorite new shows, especially since Weeds has been cancelled.

Offline Xessive

• Gold Member
    • XSV @ deviantART
« Reply #10 on: Tuesday, December 19, 2006, 04:29:59 AM »
I just watched the season finale! It ended beautifully! It's probably the last episode of the show too, but who knows :)

Man, that was a great show!

Offline nickclone

• Veteran
« Reply #11 on: Tuesday, December 19, 2006, 04:28:15 PM »
I just watched the season finale! It ended beautifully! It's probably the last episode of the show too, but who knows :)

Man, that was a great show!

This show is in no way about to be canceled. The show and its actors have been nominated for awards (Julie Benz aka "Rita" won a Satellite Award and Michael C. Hall was nominated for a Golden Globe) and its also Showtime's highest rated show right now.

Offline Xessive

• Gold Member
    • XSV @ deviantART
« Reply #12 on: Tuesday, December 19, 2006, 05:00:51 PM »
Beautiful ;D

The first season stands very well on its own too! Hopefully the upcoming seasons will live up to its style.