Author Topic: Thoughts on BC  (Read 2135 times)

Offline Jedi

• Poster Child
Thoughts on BC
« on: Wednesday, February 07, 2007, 06:21:19 PM »
I was reading the Gamespot review http://www.gamespot.com/pc/rpg/worldofwarcraftexp1/review.html and I had a thought!
When I rolled a Draenei I was happy to roam around their new lands doing their quests - because it was all new. That said I didn't like their 2nd map/area so much I just found it too hard to stay motivated etc and headed off the NE areas - but I've since stopped playing and didn't get much further (that in its self is for unrelated reasons).

Anyway I was thinking how both the new races seem a little disconnected for the rest of the world and how they felt tacked on, then I thought once me or any other player is done with the new starting maps their stuck adventuring through older familiar turf – and speaking for myself I’ve been through STV 4 bloody times now. So once a player is at that level their done with the expansion pack until 60…
So my thought was there should have been a better way, like say the new races started in the outlands and that there was more areas for players at lower levels minimizing their time running through the older well known areas.

But now that I’ve typed it all out I already know this didn’t happen – development time would have been longer or the amount of 60 to 70 content would have suffered… oh well.

Offline iPPi

• Roar!
Re: Thoughts on BC
« Reply #1 on: Wednesday, February 07, 2007, 06:28:32 PM »
Well basically though, World of Warcraft is all about end-game content.  So it is no surprise that the low level zones haven't changed at all except for the new races' starting zones.  Keep in mind that most players are 60 and above.

Offline idolminds

• ZOMG!
  • Administrator
  • Forum god
« Reply #2 on: Wednesday, February 07, 2007, 06:58:26 PM »
Only way I could figure out to do it would be to create a "leveling zone" that only the new races could enter. This zone would give much more XP for quests/kills so you could level up quicker. Make it so you could level to 40 in this zone.

The problem is then everyone would pick these new races to play. To balance it out...no instances in the zone, no access to the auction houses, and as soon as you leave the zone you can never return to it (one way portal). So you can either speed level to 40 without the cool instance gear, or you can level to whatever and leave...but then be stuck leveling in the old zones.

W7RE

« Reply #3 on: Friday, February 09, 2007, 10:43:29 PM »
Yea, the expansion really seems designed for levels 1-20 and 60-70. Not sure what the Dranei level 10-20 zone is like, but I got bored of the Blood Elf one pretty quickly. I mean, I like the visuals and everything, but once I got to 16 or so and got my uber blue quest sword on my pally, I went to the barrens and started on WC quests.

From then on it became the same old grind. I eventually started using a leveling guide just so I could get leveled up as fast as possible, but ended up stopping at 42. I think I got further than I do on most characters, and faster, simply because I enjoy playing a paladin so much. (I've wanted to play one for a long time, but feel tied to the server my rogue is on) Once I get some of the non set pvp gear on my rogue I'll start working on my pally again.

Offline Jedi

• Poster Child
« Reply #4 on: Saturday, February 10, 2007, 01:38:08 AM »
That's how feel about the game too, and funny enough I got my pally to 42 and left him for months before deleting him. That was a looong time ago.
While I was in the beta the outlands were lots of fun pitty I couldn't go there before the game went south on me. Due to my recent PC issues a file in the WoW directory became corrupt so when my Rouge was flying to SW it crashed and when I logged back in it would crash right away. The self repair thing stated that far too many files were corrupted and that I needed to reinstall. The first WoW install cd had a f'ing scratch on it and couldn't install the game...  :(
Sigh.
Well I've left it at that I could borrow someone's CDs and get back into it, but I think I'd rather spend time with my 360  ;D