Author Topic: Finished Dead Rising  (Read 10155 times)

Offline iPPi

• Roar!
Re: Finished Dead Rising
« Reply #40 on: Monday, February 12, 2007, 10:52:19 PM »
The game is a little frustrating and slow to start, but it really picks up and is an amazing game.  Just give it some time.

Offline Pugnate

• What? You no like?
  • Global Moderator
  • Forum god
    • OW
« Reply #41 on: Monday, February 12, 2007, 10:53:43 PM »
No I really enjoyed what I played. Zombies were awesome. I just need more motivation hehe.

Offline Cobra951

• Gold Member
« Reply #42 on: Tuesday, February 13, 2007, 01:41:29 AM »
So yeah, I went back and used a glitch to be able to play the game with no required missions.  Now I have all the time in the world to complete zombie genocider.  Well, 72 hours anyway.

I realized though that I'm going to have to go back again and get the unbreakable and punisher achievements too, so I can complete the Mega Man outfit.

I tried this tonight.  I swear all that's happening is that you're failing the mission sequence right off the bat, without being told about it.  During normal play (in 72-hout mode) if you miss a timed event, or a key character gets killed, the mission and all subsequent ones expire.  They go to red in the case book.  At that point, you are offered the chance to save and start over, but you don't have to take it.  You can keep playing free-form until the helicopter arrives.  With this glitch, the game is behaving exactly that way.

Offline scottws

• Gold Member
    • Facebook Me
« Reply #43 on: Tuesday, February 13, 2007, 10:20:08 AM »
Really?  I thought you lost if you didn't finish the mission.  That's the way it's kind of presented.  I had no idea you could continue playing.

What you say does make sense.  We could really nail it down if we know when you had to finish "Backup for Brad" by.  Like I said, it took me about 13 hours to kill 600 zombies.

What I'm wondering now is if you can get outside the mall though.  If you go to the front where the zombies are coming in, you can go into in-between-the-front-doors area.  At the front front doors there is a metal gate that has a big hole in it the zombies are coming through, with the parking lot and more zombies just beyond.

I didn't try it because I didn't want to risk dying when I was trying to kill 600 zombies.  I doubt you can though, probably an invisible wall.

Offline Cobra951

• Gold Member
« Reply #44 on: Tuesday, February 13, 2007, 04:09:22 PM »
Really?  I thought you lost if you didn't finish the mission.  That's the way it's kind of presented.  I had no idea you could continue playing.

Same here, initially.  I forget how I found out I could continue.  I may have read it in someone's comment on some forum, somewhere.

What you say does make sense.  We could really nail it down if we know when you had to finish "Backup for Brad" by.  Like I said, it took me about 13 hours to kill 600 zombies.

What I'm wondering now is if you can get outside the mall though.  If you go to the front where the zombies are coming in, you can go into in-between-the-front-doors area.  At the front front doors there is a metal gate that has a big hole in it the zombies are coming through, with the parking lot and more zombies just beyond.

I didn't try it because I didn't want to risk dying when I was trying to kill 600 zombies.  I doubt you can though, probably an invisible wall.

I don't think you can either.  I tried.  You can blast some zombies outside through the opening (if you have the Mega Buster), which gives the impression that it's a real part of the world, and you should be able to get there.  Not so, apparently.

I had the Mega Buster and the laser sword (5-day survivor in infinity mode achievement), so I killed 600 zombies a lot quicker than 13 game hours.  Same result.  Should have paid attention to the clock, but I didn't.

Offline Quemaqua

• 古い塩
  • Administrator
  • Forum god
  • パンダは触るな。
    • Bookruptcy
« Reply #45 on: Tuesday, February 13, 2007, 07:58:58 PM »
I was very disappointed that you couldn't get into the parking lot.  I have no idea why I wanted to kill zombies in a big parking lot so bad, but I really did.

天才的な閃きと平均以下のテクニックやな。 課長有野