Author Topic: Dark Sector seems to have gone downhill  (Read 1948 times)

Offline sirean_syan

• Global Moderator
  • Post-aholic
Dark Sector seems to have gone downhill
« on: Friday, March 02, 2007, 06:45:25 PM »
Some of you might remember when the first concept videos of Dark Sector were released a couple years back. It was one of the first games to show what the current generation of games were going to look like. Most impressive for me, it looked like it was going to be just a really cool sci-fi sneaker.

Well, the developers decided to go for something more... grounded (?). I dunno, every time I see a new movie for the thing I just get less and less impressed. Here. Watch the old trailer then watch some of the new ones.

I'm not talking how the game looks from a technical perspective so much, but rather the game just seems far less interesting now. The gameplay looks like it borrowed heavily from RE4 and it doesn't do it as well. Maybe it's the whole glaive thing like the stupid roaring sound when you throw it or throwing it in firer to make it... flaming. It just seems like it dropped the cool and went for cheesy in a bad way.

Offline Quemaqua

• 古い塩
  • Administrator
  • Forum god
  • パンダは触るな。
    • Bookruptcy
Re: Dark Sector seems to have gone downhill
« Reply #1 on: Friday, March 02, 2007, 09:40:26 PM »
I really don't remember seeing too much on this... but yeah, there does seem to be some cheese about.  I dunno'.  Hard to say.

天才的な閃きと平均以下のテクニックやな。 課長有野

Offline Xessive

• Gold Member
    • XSV @ deviantART
Re: Dark Sector seems to have gone downhill
« Reply #2 on: Saturday, March 03, 2007, 12:24:24 AM »
Man, I was kinda looking forward to this coz I like DE's work.. They invest quite a bit when it comes to the art of a game.