Author Topic: Nice fan interview with Bruce Nesmith and Todd Howard (Bethesda dudes).  (Read 1735 times)

Offline Quemaqua

• 古い塩
  • Administrator
  • Forum god
  • パンダは触るな。
    • Bookruptcy

天才的な閃きと平均以下のテクニックやな。 課長有野

Offline MysterD

• Forum god
  • OWNet 4 Eternity & Beyond
Re: Nice fan interview with Bruce Nesmith and Todd Howard (Bethesda dudes).
« Reply #1 on: Tuesday, March 06, 2007, 03:02:05 PM »
16. What mods, if any, do you personally use? And why?

The BT interface mod of the PC. That’s really the only one I use. I dabble in the others, but when I play Oblivion, I’m usually testing a new DLC or Shivering Isles, so running other stuff can really screw with them. Why BT mod? I can see more stuff on my giant PC monitor of course! That’s something we messed with internally, but never had a nice solution for having the game switch between different menu configurations, so we went with the larger font for safety.
BT Mod is great. Makes me feel good that I use it, since BethSoft likes it, too.

21. In regards to music in TES, how much is being added by Shivering Isles? Are you planning on sticking with Jeremy Soule, or will it be a new composer? Can we have a sample? Any new voice actors?

No new music in the expansion, but it does have a few new voice actors. Jeff Baker is great as Haskill.
Oh, man...I was hoping for new Soule music.... :(

1. Could you give us any details on the alleged weapon/armor forging system in The Shivering Isles? Will there be more staffs/robes for the mage players? And what sort of weapons, armor, and other items are you planning to add?

The Shivering Isles will let players make custom armor and weapons. In each side of the city there is a smith that can forge armor and weapons out of raw materials that you find in the world. The smith in Bliss (mania part of New Sheoth) can forge Amber weapons and armor out of raw Amber. The smith in Crucible (dementia part of New Sheoth) can forge Madness weapons and armor out of raw Madness Ore. Amber makes light armor, and Madness Ore makes heavy armor. Each smith has a full suit on display.
Awesome.

You can also find special Matrices throughout the world. These are one use molds that can make magical versions of whatever weapon or armor they form. You don’t get to pick the enchantment, but what the heck. It’s free! You can always choose to not use the matrix and enchant the items normally at the Arcane University.
Cool.

There are all kinds of new weapons to be found already made in the world too. There is Ruin’s Edge, a bow that will afflict a player with random effects.
That's interesting.

There is Duskfang/Dawnfang, a sword that counts it’s kills and gets more powerful.
That sounds pretty bad-ass.

All told there are about 200 new weapons and 80 or so pieces of armor, many of which have different versions for different levels they might found at.
Very cool. Count me in for this one.

There are also new robes and staffs for mages. Of course there is the ultimate staff, the Staff of Sheogorath. And no, it’s not the same one you find in Cyrodiil. It has a very cool new power, never seen before.
Sweet. I wonder what the hell that might be.