Author Topic: Cincinnati made MSN's front page regarding Creation Museum  (Read 1642 times)

Offline scottws

• Gold Member
    • Facebook Me
Cincinnati made MSN's front page regarding Creation Museum
« on: Friday, June 01, 2007, 10:31:37 AM »
I think the only time Cincinnati has ever been positively described in the news was when it was declared the country's "most livable city."  That was in 1995 or so.

Anyway, I opened up the browser on Jennie's computer, which defaults to msn.com.  On there, I noticed that the subtitles of one of the main articles in the animated box was "Critics new $27 million creation museum."  I remembered reading in The Cincinnati Enquirer a few weeks ago about this museum opening up somewhere around here.  I'd never heard of its existence before then.  I thought it was pretty ridiculous, but decided I might go see it at some point just to check it out.

I thought that for sure it would have some critics and protestors, it depicting the creation by God.  I just thought it would be interesting to visit.  You don't have to 100% believe it to go see it, you know?  But I never thought its critics would extend outside the city and certainly never expected to see it mentioned on the msn.com front page in its most attention grabbing portion.

http://travel.msn.com/Guides/article.aspx?cp-documentid=395367&GT1=10142

Personally, I think people get too worked up over things.  In another thread, I was describing the growing movement of secularism in this country, and the pressure Christians and those of other faiths are feeling in regards to keeping their faith and not being ashamed of it.  I think this article proves that a little bit:

"There's no doubt these are documented lies."
Taken out of context?  Maybe.  But I think it sort of speaks to the sort of things Christians are dealing with these days.  I give it 50 years before you start seeing protestors outside churches, synagogues, and mosques.

Offline Cobra951

• Gold Member
Re: Cincinnati made MSN's front page regarding Creation Museum
« Reply #1 on: Friday, June 01, 2007, 11:46:47 AM »
I have absolutely no problem with religious views, museums, churches, you name it.  My huge problem is with the religious push to muddy scientific waters with creationism, intelligent design, and whatever other faith-based theories surface in the future.  I grew up as a Catholic in the '60s, in a 95% Catholic country.  We had zero problems distinguishing between science and religion.  The Jesuit priests who educated me had zero problems distinguishing science from religion.  WTF is the matter with people today?  Did they wash their brains with too much junk food?  What?!

I don't know what the purpose of this creation museum is.  If it's strictly its own thing, not aimed at supplanting science in any way, then it has my blessings.  Otherwise, it is a black mark against the city, like the Maplethorpe thing some years back, and the race riots even further back.