Author Topic: mohawk  (Read 4222 times)

Offline beo

• Veteran
mohawk
« on: Sunday, May 27, 2007, 07:34:34 PM »
got drunk tonight and got one of my friends to shave off most my hair to give me a mohawk. i've used loads of wax and can't figure out how to make it stand on end. i kind of like it, but then i have a taste for the abnormal.

should i keep it, or get rid? and yes i know i have a dodgy beard too, if you feel so inclined to comment on it's permanency, i may listen.

sorry for such a vanity post, but i'm actually a bit scared for tomorrow when i will have to venture outside!

Offline idolminds

• ZOMG!
  • Administrator
  • Forum god
Re: mohawk
« Reply #1 on: Sunday, May 27, 2007, 07:37:35 PM »
I only knew one dude that had a mohawk that he had stand straight up. He used wood glue.

Offline JacksRag(e)

« Reply #2 on: Sunday, May 27, 2007, 07:38:05 PM »
Mohawk?  More like NO-hawk.  Whaaaatttuup?!

Offline beo

• Veteran
« Reply #3 on: Sunday, May 27, 2007, 07:39:50 PM »
Mohawk?  More like NO-hawk.  Whaaaatttuup?!

yeah i know. the cuts there, and there's over six inches of growth, but it won't stand up. my hair has erectile dysfunction.

and wood glue? jesus - not sure if want to glue my hair.

Offline PyroMenace

« Reply #4 on: Sunday, May 27, 2007, 07:41:26 PM »
Xero has a mohawk. The chicks dig it. Seriously we were walking out of the theatre after seeing Spider-man 3 and this chick with this guy walks passed us and she said, "Did you see that guys mohawk? Its awesome!"

So yea, hopefully he'll see this and give you some advice because I forgot what he uses, but his mohawk looks good.

Offline sirean_syan

• Global Moderator
  • Post-aholic
« Reply #5 on: Sunday, May 27, 2007, 07:54:56 PM »
It seems too wide for it too work for some reason, maybe that's because it's not standing up enough like you said.

I remember Scarytooth having a mohawk for a while too. Hopefully he'll have better advice than putting wood glue in your hair. That'd be pretty nasty.

Offline TheOtherBelmont

• Post-aholic
« Reply #6 on: Sunday, May 27, 2007, 09:46:41 PM »
It could work if you could make it stand up better or if you thinned it out.

Offline Ghandi

• HAMS
« Reply #7 on: Sunday, May 27, 2007, 10:16:31 PM »
Where is ScaryTooth when you need him? He is resident mohawk expert.

Offline nickclone

• Veteran
« Reply #8 on: Sunday, May 27, 2007, 11:04:05 PM »
Some of my friends used afro sheen, I'm black and I've never used afro sheen.

Offline Quemaqua

• 古い塩
  • Administrator
  • Forum god
  • パンダは触るな。
    • Bookruptcy
« Reply #9 on: Sunday, May 27, 2007, 11:31:23 PM »
I have no advice except that mohawks scare people, and that's always a good time.  Free entertainment!

天才的な閃きと平均以下のテクニックやな。 課長有野

Offline HxCeddie

« Reply #10 on: Monday, May 28, 2007, 05:01:10 PM »

I usually do the mohawk once a year, so this is the latest one. Also, I'm in a cast after punching a train!!!!

But yeah, all I've learned is that chicks dig mohawks. Every year that I've gotten a mohawk, I've always ended up hooking up with a girl who wouldn't stop obsessing over it. Funny shit.

P.S. - What I would use to stand it up is extra hold gel, then let it dry for about a minute or so, then use Elmer's Glue on the parts that won't stand. Worked every time and it would never go down, even if I wore a hat for a short period of time. The only problem was that it took like 30 minutes usually to get it right, and that was such a bitch.

Offline shock

• Poster Child
« Reply #11 on: Monday, May 28, 2007, 06:06:39 PM »
Mohawks are AWESOME.  Too bad I have a very oddly shaped head and could never pull one off. Hahah.
Suck it, Pugnate.

Offline Antares

• Veteran
« Reply #12 on: Monday, May 28, 2007, 09:07:35 PM »
I've rocked the mowhawk a couple times in the past.  I have a cowlick at the back of my head that makes it tough to get it standing straight in one place, but I personally liked having one.  the only main downside being, a mowhawk either looks badass (when done up) or like complete shit (when it isn't styled)

You'll have better luck getting it to stand up with hair gel and a blowdryer.  Wax never really dries so it never gets rigid enough for a hawk.  Also, that is way too wide, have someone cut off at least another half inch on either side.

Offline Quemaqua

• 古い塩
  • Administrator
  • Forum god
  • パンダは触るな。
    • Bookruptcy
« Reply #13 on: Monday, May 28, 2007, 09:14:05 PM »
It's funny how many here seem to have tried the mohawk, yet almost none of you strike me as the kind of people to have one.

Offline TheOtherBelmont

• Post-aholic
« Reply #14 on: Monday, May 28, 2007, 09:17:13 PM »
I actually had one for a few months in middle school, but I didn't like messing with it in the mornings so I just let my hair grow back to normal.

Offline Ghandi

• HAMS
« Reply #15 on: Monday, May 28, 2007, 09:52:58 PM »
It's funny how many here seem to have tried the mohawk, yet almost none of you strike me as the kind of people to have one.

Maybe the type of people that generally get a mohawk are just the type of people that are trying to personify the image of the "ideal" mohawk person that you imagine. Sorry, I'm high and that probably made more sense to me than you. In any case, I could never pull of the mohawk. It would look stupid on me.

Offline Quemaqua

• 古い塩
  • Administrator
  • Forum god
  • パンダは触るな。
    • Bookruptcy
« Reply #16 on: Monday, May 28, 2007, 10:03:03 PM »
Yes, I too would look like the biggest asshat in the world with a mohawk.  I'll stick to the long hair thing for now.  It seems to be working well enough.

Offline idolminds

• ZOMG!
  • Administrator
  • Forum god
« Reply #17 on: Monday, May 28, 2007, 10:21:40 PM »
I'd look like a fat Zangrief....

Offline Pugnate

• What? You no like?
  • Global Moderator
  • Forum god
    • OW
« Reply #18 on: Monday, May 28, 2007, 11:05:05 PM »
I usually do the mohawk once a year, so this is the latest one. Also, I'm in a cast after punching a train!!!!

STOOOOPID TRAIIIIN HOW DARE YEEEEEEE?

*Punch*

OUUUUCCCHHH! CLEVER! MADE OF METAL!

Offline W7RE

• Post-aholic
« Reply #19 on: Tuesday, May 29, 2007, 04:40:36 AM »
When I first got my mohawk:

After it had grown out a bit and I hadn't re-dyed it:

The stuff I used to spike it (bought it from Walmart I think):
http://www.drugstore.com/products/prod.asp?pid=85853&catid=3562&aid=335933&aparam=got2b_glued_styling_spiki

It didn't like to spike at first, especially in the back. The longer I had it though, the easier it was to spike. I would wash my hair in the shower, towel dry it, then leave it for a bit so it was completely dry. Then I would put the gel in my dry hair and it would work great. The gel application usually took me 5 minutes at most.

I was actually just thinking the other day if I should get the mohawk again. I even went searching and found my brother's bleach, and my red dye.

Maybe the type of people that generally get a mohawk are just the type of people that are trying to personify the image of the "ideal" mohawk person that you imagine. Sorry, I'm high and that probably made more sense to me than you. In any case, I could never pull of the mohawk. It would look stupid on me.

I had metal to go with my mohawk too. ;D 3 labrets, a togue bar, septum ring, eyebrow barbell, 3 hoops in each lobe, and 1 cartiledge piercing. I had to lose 2 of the labrets, the cartiledge, and the eyebrow, but I still have the rest.

Offline Xero

• Rookie
« Reply #20 on: Tuesday, May 29, 2007, 05:23:03 PM »
W7RE beat me to it. That stuff from walmart is like $5 a bottle and lasts a pretty good while. Hell its strong enough I'll fall asleep and the mohawk will still stand up the next day. One thing I;ve noticed is don't use conditioner as much. Less "conditioned" hair seems easier to stand up. Yes, please still shampoo.  If you wanna see what it'd look like a diffrent color, beauty supply places like Sally's has colored extra hold gel so it appears as if you've dyed it.  Kinda nifty if you don't wanna spend time actually dying it.  Oh yea, Pyro...currently the Mohawk is blue.

Offline Raisa

• Veteran
« Reply #21 on: Tuesday, May 29, 2007, 07:59:03 PM »
was going to say W7re had a mohawk.. but he posted before me
Taken.

Offline beo

• Veteran
« Reply #22 on: Thursday, May 31, 2007, 02:42:42 AM »
yeah, well i was a pussy about it anyway.

the following day i had to go into town to sort out some stuff, and had nobody around to help me fix it into something less mental. so i buzzed it.

Offline Antares

• Veteran
« Reply #23 on: Friday, June 01, 2007, 03:49:33 PM »
boo.

Offline Xero

• Rookie
« Reply #24 on: Friday, June 01, 2007, 05:33:35 PM »
Damn dude, thats what they make hats for!