Author Topic: The Movies -- how is it? Premier Edition (DVD, UK Import) is $9.90 @ Gogamer  (Read 2937 times)

Offline MysterD

• Forum god
  • OWNet 4 Eternity & Beyond
The Movies -- how is it? Premier Edition (DVD, UK Import) is $9.90 @ Gogamer
« on: Thursday, October 19, 2006, 03:55:01 PM »
Anyone played this game, The Movies by Lionhead????

I ask, b/c the Premeir Edition for the UK Import is $9.90 from Gogamer.com on their 48 Hour Madness Sale.

Offline idolminds

• ZOMG!
  • Administrator
  • Forum god
Re: The Movies -- how is it? Premier Edition (DVD, UK Import) is $9.90 @ Gogamer
« Reply #1 on: Thursday, October 19, 2006, 09:07:59 PM »
I might grab that. I could make comedy movies!

Offline Pugnate

• What? You no like?
  • Global Moderator
  • Forum god
    • OW
Re: The Movies -- how is it? Premier Edition (DVD, UK Import) is $9.90 @ Gogamer
« Reply #2 on: Thursday, October 19, 2006, 11:57:05 PM »
I played it for like 8 hours the first day and then stopped playing. I think it is really worth the $10, for sure. The problem was that the micromanagement got too tedious as the game progressed, which isn't really surprising considering it was an RTS from Peter Molyneux.

Still there is Sandbox mode -- that I never attempted. Apparently that is a lot of fun and allows you some freedom.

Actually there is a website where people have uploaded their movies, and it is pretty cool. I think Ender would be interested in this too.

Offline MysterD

• Forum god
« Reply #3 on: Friday, October 20, 2006, 01:30:34 PM »
Unortunately, they're out of stock on them already. :(

Offline ender

« Reply #4 on: Friday, October 20, 2006, 11:04:44 PM »
Dang it! Oh well. Thanks for the heads up, Pug. I need to get this anyway.

Offline MysterD

• Forum god
« Reply #5 on: Saturday, October 21, 2006, 06:06:22 AM »
They're out of The Premier Edition (UK), but they got the Regular Edition (UK) now for the same price -- $9.90.