Author Topic: cheesy favorites  (Read 1987 times)

Offline Raisa

• Veteran
cheesy favorites
« on: Sunday, September 02, 2007, 11:31:38 PM »
Just a topic where favorites can be posted....   I was just eating this:

and it's got to be one of the best fruits.. definitely a favorite.
Taken.

Offline Ghandi

• HAMS
Re: cheesy favorites
« Reply #1 on: Sunday, September 02, 2007, 11:38:28 PM »
Quote from: wikipedia
Without fumigation or irradiation as whole fruit, mangosteens have been illegal for importation in commercial volumes into the United States due to fears that they harbor the Asian fruit fly which would endanger US crops. This situation, however, officially changed on July 23, 2007 when irradiated imports from Thailand were allowed upon FDA approval of irradiation, packing and shipping techniques

I haven't ever seen that fruit before.

I just made some of the best salsa ever, though. I diced up some tomatoes, some onion, and cilantro. Threw them all together, mixed with some olive oil, salt and pepper, and a little lime. It turned out pretty good.

Offline Raisa

• Veteran
« Reply #2 on: Sunday, September 02, 2007, 11:47:44 PM »
i hate you Ghandi.  Now I'm hungry for mexican food :(  I've been meaning to make a mexican meal but i haven't had time to get the ingredients or cook!

Asian stores usually have that fruit.  A friend of mine visited last night and brought me a box! 

Another favorite:

Taken.

Offline Quemaqua

• 古い塩
  • Administrator
  • Forum god
  • パンダは触るな。
    • Bookruptcy
« Reply #3 on: Monday, September 03, 2007, 12:19:11 AM »
They've been using mangosteen for health drinks and stuff.  Supposed to have amazing properties or some such.  Never tried the actual fruit.

Charles Dodgson / Lewis Carroll is my favorite author.

天才的な閃きと平均以下のテクニックやな。 課長有野

Offline WindAndConfusion

• Veteran
« Reply #4 on: Monday, September 03, 2007, 01:44:30 AM »
I've never heard of mangosteens, but I want to try one, mostly because I approve of food irradiation. (Just imagine the possibilities for sushi, tartare, poke, sashimi...)

These are just stupid delicious:

These aren't nearly as expensive as they look:

Did you know IKEA sells food? Well, to be honest, it's not something you'd ever call "food;" unless, like me, you're part Swedish, in which case it's the first food group.

(Fun fact: Swedish food smells so offensive that it has been banned on several European airlines. Additional fun fact: After the Bible and Quotations from Chairman Mao, the IKEA catalog has the highest circulation of any piece of literature ever.)

Lastly are horseradishes, Tabasco sauce, and dill.

And raw fish.

And veal.

Offline Raisa

• Veteran
« Reply #5 on: Monday, September 03, 2007, 07:25:55 PM »
 :o

Taken.