Author Topic: So I just played my DS online  (Read 1629 times)

Offline idolminds

• ZOMG!
  • Administrator
  • Forum god
So I just played my DS online
« on: Sunday, September 02, 2007, 01:51:53 PM »
Mario Kart. I lost of course since I haven't played the game much. Still, its cool I got it working on dialup, and I didn't notice ant significant lag problems.

I mainly wanted to get online for Picross, though. Downloadable puzzles!

Offline sirean_syan

• Global Moderator
  • Post-aholic
Re: So I just played my DS online
« Reply #1 on: Sunday, September 02, 2007, 06:38:58 PM »
Didn't you try Animal Crossing with us once?

I tried out Mario Kart once when the game came out and promptly got my ass handed to me. I figured people were already well above my level online and it wasn't worth trying anymore.

Offline idolminds

• ZOMG!
  • Administrator
  • Forum god
« Reply #2 on: Sunday, September 02, 2007, 06:49:01 PM »
I was in detroit using hotel wifi when we played AC online. So now I got it going at home, which is nice.

NOA needs to get on the Picross ball, though. Japan has all the classic puzzles from the GB and SNES picross games available, and new packs every week. Europe has a couple "best of" packs. And the US has....nothing. I NEED MY FIX!

Offline idolminds

• ZOMG!
  • Administrator
  • Forum god
« Reply #3 on: Monday, September 03, 2007, 12:17:10 PM »
MK is fun online but...some people arent fun. Late last night I start a game and it could only find one opponent. Whatever, its cool. Start the race and I'm doing well, in the lead and the other guy disconnects. Bah. Show some sportsmanship. Even though I generally lose every race I still play to the end of the 4 map set.

Though this last set was ok. First race I lost, though not by much. Second race I came in 3rd because the 4th guy dropped. Third race I lost. But with the help of some pickups I ended up winning my last race, though yet another guy dropped since he was in 2nd.

I see why people say "snaking" sucks.

Offline Cobra951

• Gold Member
« Reply #4 on: Tuesday, September 04, 2007, 03:56:51 PM »
Is there any persistent online data from the DS MK (like gamer tags)?  It seems to me that disconnects should be DNFs, exactly like crashing your car out of a real race, even if it isn't your fault ("mechanical" failure).

Offline idolminds

• ZOMG!
  • Administrator
  • Forum god
« Reply #5 on: Tuesday, September 04, 2007, 04:19:21 PM »
Yeah, you get a win/loss record. From what I read if you disconnect you get a "lose" for every other person that was left in the race. So 4 people racing and you drop, you get 3 losses added to your record.

Offline Cobra951

• Gold Member
« Reply #6 on: Wednesday, September 05, 2007, 06:12:02 PM »
That's even better.  Sock it to those cheaters.

Offline idolminds

• ZOMG!
  • Administrator
  • Forum god
« Reply #7 on: Wednesday, September 05, 2007, 06:17:29 PM »
I'm getting a little better at this. Learned how to do the boosts around corners well enough. Just need to race non-snakers.

Update on the Picross puzzle situation: NoA has made two puzzle packs available featuring Nintendo characters from the old Marios Picross series.