Author Topic: Scored some loot at the thrift store.  (Read 1643 times)

Offline ScaryTooth

• Veteran
Scored some loot at the thrift store.
« on: Thursday, September 06, 2007, 04:53:52 PM »
Think some chick got mad at her boyfriend or something. I went to the new rack, and found about 6 Hollister shirts. Now, I only own a couple, because usually the kind of people who wear them annoy the shit out of me. But I had to get them. $2 a piece. All next to brand new, very comfy shirts. There were also a couple Volcom shirts, Element shirts, and a couple Hurley shirts. I also found some sweet Mario Bro. shirts. One with just Mario jumping and hitting a coin block, and the other that has 'Mario + Mushroom = Big Mario" except replace the words with pics. I also found 2 pairs of Lucky Brand Jeans, and a pair of Billabong jeans that just so happen to be 36 x 32, my size. I think I spent like $22, heh.

Offline TheOtherBelmont

• Post-aholic
Re: Scored some loot at the thrift store.
« Reply #1 on: Thursday, September 06, 2007, 05:03:52 PM »
Nice, I own a Mario shirt too.  It has Mario and Luigi being chased by a Bob-omb.

Offline Quemaqua

• 古い塩
  • Administrator
  • Forum god
  • パンダは触るな。
    • Bookruptcy
« Reply #2 on: Thursday, September 06, 2007, 08:23:19 PM »
Thrift stores can be sweet.  I don't give a shit about brand names, I just care about quality and price.  Give me something that looks decent, won't fall apart in 2 days, that doesn't cost 50 bucks, and you have a customer.

天才的な閃きと平均以下のテクニックやな。 課長有野

Offline idolminds

• ZOMG!
  • Administrator
  • Forum god
« Reply #3 on: Thursday, September 06, 2007, 08:36:23 PM »
Nearly everything I wear came from a thrift store or garage sale. I don't even know the brands of any of it.

Offline Raisa

• Veteran
« Reply #4 on: Friday, September 07, 2007, 03:24:40 AM »
I love thrift stores.  There are always good finds.  Authentic, high quality stuff that's almost brand new for 5%-10% of its' actual cost.   Friends always think I shop at expensive places.. if they only knew ;)  Sales are always good too of course.. but thrift stores usually have one of the kind things.

I usually don't like malls that much because there are so many pieces of one particular style.. I feel like the whole city will have the same clothes/bag/hat as myself.

Taken.