Author Topic: Women are crazy!  (Read 2486 times)

Offline Pugnate

• What? You no like?
  • Global Moderator
  • Forum god
    • OW
Women are crazy!
« on: Monday, November 26, 2007, 09:42:03 AM »

Offline Cobra951

• Gold Member
Re: Women are crazy!
« Reply #1 on: Monday, November 26, 2007, 11:33:27 AM »
I don't get it.  At we looking at the same story?

Offline KontrollerX

« Reply #2 on: Monday, November 26, 2007, 11:58:19 AM »
Man what a scumbag that guy is.

Offline Cobra951

• Gold Member
« Reply #3 on: Monday, November 26, 2007, 12:09:32 PM »
I agree with that.  I was trying to make sense of Pug's angle on it.  It just looks like a straight case of murder for no good reason to me.

Offline JacksRag(e)

« Reply #4 on: Monday, November 26, 2007, 12:38:10 PM »
I think Pug was trying to make a joke, but it came out wrong-ish.

"I know she liked her mother.."  what the hell kinda statement is that?

Offline Pugnate

• What? You no like?
  • Global Moderator
  • Forum god
    • OW
« Reply #5 on: Monday, November 26, 2007, 01:45:12 PM »
I was being sarcastic...

"I know she liked her mother" was what made me want to post this. What the hell.

Offline Raisa

• Veteran
« Reply #6 on: Monday, November 26, 2007, 05:27:42 PM »
 ::)
Taken.

Offline Xessive

• Gold Member
    • XSV @ deviantART
« Reply #7 on: Tuesday, November 27, 2007, 04:04:15 AM »
Man, 4½ to 7 years in prison for murder.. What a lucky SOB!!

WTF is "voluntary manslaughter???!!" "an intentional, unlawful killing, with provocation, in the heat of passion." Isn't that murder??? Ok, maybe it was not premeditated, but it's still murder with intent!

How the hell do twisted shits like that get away with this crap?!

Offline KontrollerX

« Reply #8 on: Tuesday, November 27, 2007, 04:38:56 AM »
Yeah its pretty pathetic this guy is getting out so early.

Pretty sure people that kill animals get longer sentences than this.

Just a shame.

Offline Quemaqua

• 古い塩
  • Administrator
  • Forum god
  • パンダは触るな。
    • Bookruptcy
« Reply #9 on: Tuesday, November 27, 2007, 07:28:57 AM »
I was wondering about that too.  What the hell does passion have to do with it?  I mean, I understand what it has to do with it, but why is that somehow a valid excuse?

天才的な閃きと平均以下のテクニックやな。 課長有野

Offline Ghandi

• HAMS
« Reply #10 on: Tuesday, November 27, 2007, 09:40:54 AM »
I assume that he took some sort of plea bargain to get a lesser sentence? I was shocked to see the short sentence as well. I guess the prosecution didn't have a rock-solid case or something.

Offline Cobra951

• Gold Member
« Reply #11 on: Tuesday, November 27, 2007, 02:05:14 PM »
There are 4 degrees of culpability in criminal law.  Intentional acts is #3, followed by premeditated intent.  Crimes of passion are intentional, but not thought out ahead of time, maybe not even considered for a second.  They can sort of happen as if you're watching someone else do them, then it's too late to change.  This is probably the hardest crime to punish proportionally, and the one that causes the most controversy.  No one has a problem with locking up forever some cold-blooded murderer.  People understand that accidents happen, even if the consequences are grave.  But intentional killing in the heat of the moment will generate responses all over the map, from "he had to do it" to "fry the bastard".

Not that I think this guy has any right to leniency at all.  Fry him.

Offline Xessive

• Gold Member
    • XSV @ deviantART
« Reply #12 on: Wednesday, November 28, 2007, 01:30:59 AM »
This case is pretty much telling me that it's slightly more ok to kill on a whim than it is to plan it out. I understand that premeditated murder is grave, but 4½ to 7 years is too easy for any kind of killing! Geez, I think we've all seen cases of involuntary manslaughter with much more severe sentences.

In this particular case, these are the events as far as I've gathered: They got into an argument, she pushed him, he got pissed off, he went and grabbed a "nearby" chin-up bar, beat her to death with it, then tried to make it look like a burglary (unsuccessfully).

Ok, he got into an argument with his wife (who was apparently going to leave him) and obviously there's a lot of tension in the air, his first reaction to being pushed was "FUCK DAT! I'M GONNA BEAT THIS BITCH WITH WHATEVER I CAN GET MY HANDS ON!" ?? Seriously? I mean, hitting a woman is one thing, but for him to go completely bonkers (blind with rage) and kill her is questionable. It really seems to me that there's way more to this story than that evening.

Offline Cobra951

• Gold Member
« Reply #13 on: Wednesday, November 28, 2007, 11:53:53 AM »
Not on a whim, on a sudden impulse, carried out equally suddenly.  The point is that you reacted, you didn't think.  You didn't evaluate or reason.  Your animal nature got the better of you.  You're still a criminal, just not as heinous of a criminal as the guy who kills in cold blood for personal gain.

Offline Xessive

• Gold Member
    • XSV @ deviantART
« Reply #14 on: Thursday, November 29, 2007, 01:02:46 AM »
Not on a whim, on a sudden impulse, carried out equally suddenly.  The point is that you reacted, you didn't think.  You didn't evaluate or reason.  Your animal nature got the better of you.  You're still a criminal, just not as heinous of a criminal as the guy who kills in cold blood for personal gain.
I get it. Thanks Cobra. I just hope he gets what he deserves.