Author Topic: Gogamer Madness again  (Read 1531 times)

Offline idolminds

• ZOMG!
  • Administrator
  • Forum god
Gogamer Madness again
« on: Friday, June 19, 2009, 09:21:57 PM »
Current highlights:

Far Cry 2: $15
Call of Duty 4: $25
Prince of Persia: $15
Trackmania United Forever: $23
Painkiller Black: $5

Super tempted to grab Trackmania.

Offline MysterD

• Forum god
  • OWNet 4 Eternity & Beyond
Re: Gogamer Madness again
« Reply #1 on: Saturday, June 20, 2009, 04:44:04 AM »
Far Cry 2 PC
I just finished Far Cry 2 PC, few days ago. If anyone gets it, Patch it to 1.03 instantly. Without 1.03, you're bound to run into save corruption issues, broken quests, and other technical stupidities that won't allow you to finish the game -- especially since you pretty much can only run one main quest and one side quest at a time. 1.03 is how the game should've been right out the box.

I should note -- FC2 PC (on disc) does have required online Activation and Securom's 5 install limit with Revokes. So, make sure you download The FC2 Revoke Tool if you buy it on disc, in case you decide to uninstall the game and whatnot so you can get an install back.

For those willing to download lots of GB's here, I don't know if Impulse's version of FC2 PC comes w/ Securom Internet Protection, since it's not listed on there. Would be worth checking into, if you got the time to DL it, the DSL or faster speeds, and if there's a chance you can avoid Securom with its limitations.

PK: Black
If you don't have PK: Black, you can't go wrong with it for that price from Gogamer.
GOG's 25% off is a kick-ass deal, too.
Hell, I paid $30 for it not too long after it was out -- and thought it was worth every penny.

POP PC (2008)
Prince of Persia (2008 Reboot) was pretty awesome. That's worth $15. I wish they'd change their mind and put the Epilogue DLC out on the PC version...