Author Topic: News Flash: Free TF2 weekend  (Read 1627 times)

Offline gpw11

• Gold Member
News Flash: Free TF2 weekend
« on: Friday, May 02, 2008, 09:54:47 PM »
Much like the DoD free weekends I guess.  I think they also released Goldrush and the new Medic pack.

Offline idolminds

• ZOMG!
  • Administrator
  • Forum god
Re: News Flash: Free TF2 weekend
« Reply #1 on: Friday, May 02, 2008, 09:57:40 PM »
Yeah, Goldrush and medic stuff is out. Which means 90% of the players on any server will be medics. Go heavy and tear shit up as 4 medics heal you simultaneously.

Offline PyroMenace

« Reply #2 on: Saturday, May 03, 2008, 10:11:15 PM »
It also means I think that theres going to be a lot of servers where there are medics strictly going for the achievements to unlock the weapons, which sucks.

While its cool they are releasing this stuff, I kinda wish they would release new stuff for all the classes at once... but I also understand that that kind of thing would probably take forever to develop and even balance.

Offline gpw11

• Gold Member
« Reply #3 on: Saturday, May 03, 2008, 10:22:00 PM »
Actually, I was a bit worried about this since Medic is one of my primary classes.  Last night, however, wasn't really different from any other night in that there were still maybe 1-3 medics to a team.  There was, however, one team that totally spammed medics on Gravel Pit, which turned out to be a pretty stellar strategy.

Offline PyroMenace

« Reply #4 on: Saturday, May 03, 2008, 10:35:42 PM »
Well thats cool. I've just been hearing about servers with like ALL medics totally subverting the system and going down the list of achievements needed. But I guess if you know where the servers are and how to avoid them then it works out.

Offline gpw11

• Gold Member
« Reply #5 on: Saturday, May 03, 2008, 11:12:42 PM »
Well, the free weekend probably made it a bit better for that.  I imagine all the new peeps wanted to try out different classes.  I wouldn't be suprised if that was the case, although there used to be 'achievement' servers before with people joining up just to meet requirements.