Author Topic: Gogamer 48 Hour -- STALKER, WH 40000: DOW Gold, CoJ, Blacksite: Area 51, etc  (Read 1835 times)

Offline MysterD

• Forum god
  • OWNet 4 Eternity & Beyond
You know the place...
http://www.gogamer.com
All prices before shipping costs, of course.

PC Games
---------------
Warhammer 40,000: Dawn of War: Gold Edition -- $9.90
(bundled with Dawn of War and Winter Assault Expansion)

Warhammer: Mark of Chaos -- $9.90

STALKER: Shadow of Chernobyl -- $9.90

Call of Juarez -- $6.90
Blacksite: Area 51 -- $6.90
Warfront: Turning Point -- $6.90
Stronghold: Legends -- $6.90
Spider-Man: Friend of Foe -- $6.90

Offline Quemaqua

• 古い塩
  • Administrator
  • Forum god
  • パンダは触るな。
    • Bookruptcy
Re: Gogamer 48 Hour -- STALKER, WH 40000: DOW Gold, CoJ, Blacksite: Area 51, etc
« Reply #1 on: Friday, June 13, 2008, 06:22:22 PM »
Damn it, I'm still trying to find a place that sells that STALKER collector's edition.  I'm so mad I passed that up when I had the chance.

天才的な閃きと平均以下のテクニックやな。 課長有野

Offline MysterD

• Forum god
Re: Gogamer 48 Hour -- STALKER, WH 40000: DOW Gold, CoJ, Blacksite: Area 51, etc
« Reply #2 on: Saturday, June 14, 2008, 04:38:43 AM »
Yesterday, I made sure I put my order in for WH 40000: DoW - Gold.
Oh, and I ordered Blacksite, too.

EDIT:
Oh, I recall STALKER: Collector's Ed (Tin Box).
Gogamer used to sell that.
That was never released in the USA.
That was released only in Europe, if I recall.

Offline Quemaqua

• 古い塩
  • Administrator
  • Forum god
  • パンダは触るな。
    • Bookruptcy
« Reply #3 on: Saturday, June 14, 2008, 08:51:03 AM »
Yeah, I know.  Nobody carries it anymore, though.

Offline MysterD

• Forum god
« Reply #4 on: Saturday, June 14, 2008, 09:27:19 AM »
Yeah, I know.  Nobody carries it anymore, though.
That's a shame. That should've got a US Release; even if it was quite Limited.

You know, I wonder if STALKER: Clear Sky will have a Collector's Edition...You know, I am definitely looking forward to Clear Sky.

For $10 + few bucks shipping, STALKER: Shadow is a steal at that price, if anyone around here ain't got it yet. With all the patches behind it and all, if FPS fans ain't got STALKER: Shadow, it's a pretty much no-brainer now. I paid $30 for the Regular Edition and damn was I very pleased with it -- and it wasn't as patched up then as it is now.

I really should try STALKER: Shadow on my new vid card sometime, b/c the looks department for Static and Dynamic shadowing is like night and day (tried it on my GF 6600, ran awful w/ Dynamic, so Static it was). And it's definitely something I should replay -- especially w/ Clear Sky around the corner. I was working on STALKER: Shadow a 2nd time through -- I uninstalled it to make room for other games; heh!

Offline scottws

• Gold Member
    • Facebook Me
« Reply #5 on: Saturday, June 14, 2008, 12:13:19 PM »
I wish I stuck with S.T.A.L.K.E.R. long enough to get to the Chernobyl area.  It wasn't a bad game, but I kept getting these side quests to go back almost to the beginning of the map, so it was slow progress and then one day I just didn't pick the game back up and haven't since.

Offline Quemaqua

• 古い塩
  • Administrator
  • Forum god
  • パンダは触るな。
    • Bookruptcy
« Reply #6 on: Saturday, June 14, 2008, 12:28:55 PM »
My problem was I had a copy from the Magical Underworld Store because I wanted to wait and get the CE from somewhere, but that never really happened so I just didn't end up playing it as much as I could have.  I'd really like to go back now, though, because it seems like they've done some major patching and it seems like the game is not only more stable and bug-free, but there's a much more cohesive experience for anyone who plays it now.

And while I didn't get all the way to the end area, I did get to see lots of really cool stuff relating directly to the radioactivity and places that had been shut down, etc.  After watching several Chernobyl documentaries right before playing, it was a surreal and highly memorable experience.

Offline MysterD

• Forum god
« Reply #7 on: Saturday, June 14, 2008, 06:35:31 PM »
I wish I stuck with S.T.A.L.K.E.R. long enough to get to the Chernobyl area.  It wasn't a bad game, but I kept getting these side quests to go back almost to the beginning of the map, so it was slow progress and then one day I just didn't pick the game back up and haven't since.

STALKER was definitely a game you really could get lost in -- especially b/c the game's A-Life system often when you kill an enemy when you search a dead enemy, you'll find out their PDA has secret stash location and whatnot. If I recall, a lot of those were "Randomly generated."

Often, defense or assault missions might just randomly pop-up on, as you're entering an area -- you'll run into a shootout b/t two factions and whatnot.

Throw in the fact that the game had all kinds of pre-set quests/missions for the numerous different factions and whatnot, yeah -- you could really got lost in this one even more so.

That's actually one of the things I really loved about this game. It was like a FPS version of Oblivion.

I think it's good that in STALKER: Clear Sky, there will be a "Fast Travel System" so gamers who want to focus on the main quest(s) can actually go through the game without getting lost in other side-stuff.