Author Topic: DO YOU LIKE GAMES?!?!  (Read 1765 times)

Offline gpw11

• Gold Member
DO YOU LIKE GAMES?!?!
« on: Sunday, September 07, 2008, 03:43:16 PM »
I present you the most entertaining videogame related shit ever:

SA's Lets Play! Archives

Offline Cobra951

• Gold Member
Re: DO YOU LIKE GAMES?!?!
« Reply #1 on: Monday, September 08, 2008, 07:07:01 AM »

Only after a short way down the list, I like this guy already.

Offline scottws

• Gold Member
    • Facebook Me
« Reply #2 on: Monday, September 08, 2008, 09:30:44 AM »
What an odd site.  I checked out the X-COM one, just the Prologue and I barely scratched the surface.  It seems that he sort of makes a comic book out of the screenshots.  That's what I gathered anyway.

Offline iPPi

• Roar!
« Reply #3 on: Monday, September 08, 2008, 09:47:29 AM »
This is a very strange site.  Interesting concept though.

Offline gpw11

• Gold Member
« Reply #4 on: Monday, September 08, 2008, 04:50:55 PM »
I've been all over these for about a year now.  Basically, people at the Somethingawful.com forums do this (there's a huge subforum dedicated to it).  The site I linked to is an archive of a lot of them since the SA forums have a pretty quick rotation and only certain threads gets archived by their system (and you need to pay to access them).

I'm not going to lie - I probably spend more time reading or watching  current and old Let's Play! threads than actually playing games.  It seems strange, but it's pretty entertaining. Sometimes it's just a quick way to learn the mechanics and storyline of a game you are or were interested in but never played, or one you are interested in but don't want to dedicate the time to (Digital Devil Saga, Soul Nomad).  Sometimes it's just pure nostalgia with commentary, and sometimes its the great delivery that carries them (or at least adds to it).  Some of the people who do this are very, very good.  For instance, a guy who tends to do a lot of the SMT games did a Persona 3 Let's Play, but covered it in such a way to make it seem like he was just copy and pasting a myspace journal he came across (the main character from the game's obviously).  Clever shit like that really adds to it.  Another great one to check out would be Boatmurdered.  It's pretty well known as it brought a lot of attention to Dwarf Fortress.

The Source: SA's Let's Play! Forum

Offline gpw11

• Gold Member
« Reply #5 on: Sunday, November 02, 2008, 09:17:07 PM »
Seriously, one of the best Video Let's Plays I've come across -- Sexay Sonic 1

I've seen some of this guy's other stuff on some Saturn platformers..he's really good at what he does.