Author Topic: Toribash  (Read 2044 times)

Offline Quemaqua

• 古い塩
  • Administrator
  • Forum god
  • パンダは触るな。
    • Bookruptcy
Toribash
« on: Wednesday, December 03, 2008, 10:29:18 PM »
Even if you don't check out the site, you at least have to watch the video.  And in high quality, for heaven's sake!

天才的な閃きと平均以下のテクニックやな。 課長有野

Offline PyroMenace

Re: Toribash
« Reply #1 on: Friday, December 05, 2008, 06:22:58 AM »
Heh, thats cool in a sadistic weird way. How does one play? Do you only get to make one move to try and dismantle the other player?

Offline Quemaqua

• 古い塩
  • Administrator
  • Forum god
  • パンダは触るな。
    • Bookruptcy
« Reply #2 on: Friday, December 05, 2008, 07:53:43 AM »
It's much more confusing than the video makes it seem.  Basically every little joint on the guy and all the knobs his torso are made of are muscle or joint objects, and you can select various states for them like hold, contract, extend, relax, etc.  The game is played out in seconds.  The time counts down while you tell your various parts what you want them to do, and you can see a little ghost image of the next maybe second or two that will happen after your decisions.  Once time is up, your guy performs those couple seconds of movement and you an begin selecting new actions for the limbs.  Your opponent is also doing this simultaneously.  Eventually you'll make contact and you'll score points for how much damage your attack is doing, and your opponent gets the same.  So it's sort of a slow-motion, one-move-instant-kill fighting game.  And it doesn't *look* interesting to the outside viewer until the match is over, because then you get to watch all the crazy shit play back in real time, where it looks like the video (or much funnier, since when you first start it's hard to get the guy to do anything but fall over on the floor in hilarious ways).  The video is all one-sided, whereas against an opponent you'll have both guys trying to kill each other.  It's very entertaining and sort of addictive.

Offline Dragonlor

• Nii-San!
« Reply #3 on: Friday, December 05, 2008, 10:20:19 AM »
I'll have to try this out.  I looks pretty creative in it's own way, and pretty addictive.

Offline Quemaqua

• 古い塩
  • Administrator
  • Forum god
  • パンダは触るな。
    • Bookruptcy
« Reply #4 on: Friday, December 05, 2008, 11:02:56 AM »
Just don't give up after your first match or two, and make sure you do the tutorials first.  They show you how it's done (and do them all, not just the first one), and they're kinda' fun in and of themselves.

Offline Dragonlor

• Nii-San!
« Reply #5 on: Friday, December 05, 2008, 11:11:38 AM »
Yeah i have been practicing in single player to get used to the jumping and stuff.  so far the best thing I have done is cut someone in half with my feet.

Offline Xessive

• Gold Member
    • XSV @ deviantART
« Reply #6 on: Friday, December 05, 2008, 03:52:38 PM »
That totally reminds me of an old fighting game on my Megadrive (Genesis) called Ballz.

EDIT:
« Last Edit: Friday, December 05, 2008, 04:30:02 PM by Xessive »

Offline Quemaqua

• 古い塩
  • Administrator
  • Forum god
  • パンダは触るな。
    • Bookruptcy
« Reply #7 on: Friday, December 05, 2008, 04:43:05 PM »
Heh, I remember that one.  This is better.

Offline gpw11

• Gold Member
« Reply #8 on: Friday, December 05, 2008, 05:53:40 PM »
That totally reminds me of an old fighting game on my Megadrive (Genesis) called Ballz.

EDIT:

Oh my god, I remember playing around with that at a friend's house before I was really into games.  Shitty, shitty game.

Offline Xessive

• Gold Member
    • XSV @ deviantART
« Reply #9 on: Friday, December 05, 2008, 06:29:26 PM »
Haha yeah it was craptacular!

I ought to give Toribash a go.