Author Topic: Gogamer - GW Factions Plat, Shadowrun PC, RACE, DS2 Deluxe, DoW: Soulstorm, etc  (Read 2206 times)

Offline MysterD

• Forum god
  • OWNet 4 Eternity & Beyond
Gogamer - GW Factions Plat, Shadowrun PC, RACE, DS2 Deluxe, DoW: Soulstorm, etc
« on: Saturday, December 06, 2008, 06:30:21 AM »
You know the place
Gogamer.com
All prices all before shipping costs...

Entire list taken from CAG
Under $45
Naruto: The Broken Bond for Xbox 360 - $42.90
Prince of Persia for Xbox 360 - $44.90
Turning Point: Fall of Liberty for XBOX 360 - $21.90
Guitar Hero Aerosmith for Xbox 360 - $21.90 (limit 3 per customer)
Turning Point: Fall of Liberty for PS3 - $21.90
Shaun White Snowboarding for PSP - $27.90
Legendary for PC - $29.90
James Bond: Quantum of Solace for PC - $29.90
Turismo Carretera: Stock Cars Argentina for PC - $24.90 (Pre-Order Special)
Need for Speed Undercover for PC - $29.90
Traffic X for FSX for PC - $24.90
Galactic Civilizations II: Ultimate Edition (I) for PC - $25.90
Age of Empires III for Mac - $37.90
Razer Diamondback Gaming Mouse 3G Earth Green - $27.90
Flashwear Big Time Digital Clock (Red) - $39.90

Under $20
Dawn of War: SoulStorm for PC - $19.90
Shawn White Snowboarding (I) for PC - $19.90
Space Rangers 2 Reboot (I) for PC - $19.90
Dark Horizon (I) for PC - $14.90
Deadliest Catch: Alaskan Storm for PC - $19.90
Guild Wars: Factions Platinum Edition for PC - $14.90
EA Strategy Collection for PC - $12.90
Pirates of the Burning Sea for PC - $12.90
Dungeon Siege 2 Deluxe Edition for PC - $10.90
Dracula 3 Path of Dragon for PC - $11.90
Frontlines Fuel of War for PC - $17.90
Saitek Red Eclipse Keyboard for PC - $19.90
Microsoft Wireless Laser Mouse 5000 (63A-00006) - $12.90

Under $10
Shadowrun for PC - $2.90
Sherlock Holmes: The Awakened (I) for PC - $5.90
RACE 07: The WTCC Game + Caterham Expansion (I) for PC -$5.90
Air Assault 2 (I) for PC - $1.90
The Movies for PC - $2.90
Micro Machines for PC - $1
Combat Mission: Operation Overlord for PC - $2.90
Paraworld (I) for PC - $1
American Conquest Anthology for PC - $4.90
Garfield: Tale of Two Kitties for PC - $1
Unreal Anthology for PC - $7.90
Chronicles of Riddick: Escape from Butcher Bay for Xbox - $1 (limit 1 per customer)
Delta Force: Black Hawk Down for Xbox - $1 (limit 1 per customer)
ipod Nano Flip View Case (Red) - $.01 (one penny)

Some info on Galac Civ 2: Ultimate Edition - Import
According to Stardock's forums, in regards to Galac Civ 2: Ultimate (Import), b/c it is an Import, that is not currently supported for patches by Stardock b/c they didn't publish it overseas; Kalpyso did. They were supposed to patch it, not Stardock.

But, it will be supported now by Stardock, since the publisher dropped the ball.

I don't know if they'll lock Americans out that Import that foreign edition, though -- a la what Valve did to those Americans who bought the Thailand version of The Orange Box PC. I'll see what I can find out.
« Last Edit: Saturday, December 06, 2008, 07:15:23 AM by MysterD »

Offline idolminds

• ZOMG!
  • Administrator
  • Forum god
Re: Gogamer - GW Factions Plat, Shadowrun PC, RACE, DS2 Deluxe, DoW: Soulstorm, etc
« Reply #1 on: Saturday, December 06, 2008, 08:55:27 AM »
Man, I'd totally like to try Shadowrun. Too bad its Vista only.

Offline Xessive

• Gold Member
    • XSV @ deviantART
Re: Gogamer - GW Factions Plat, Shadowrun PC, RACE, DS2 Deluxe, DoW: Soulstorm, etc
« Reply #2 on: Saturday, December 06, 2008, 09:05:01 AM »
I'd love to give it a shot too. It's one of the few cross-platform games out there.

Offline idolminds

• ZOMG!
  • Administrator
  • Forum god
« Reply #3 on: Saturday, December 06, 2008, 09:11:25 AM »
I'm almost tempted to buy it, just in case I get Vista down the road. Gah...cant decide.

Though I am totally getting The Movies.

Offline MysterD

• Forum god
« Reply #4 on: Saturday, December 06, 2008, 09:24:00 AM »
Yeah, I don't have Vista and I ordered Shadowrun. For that price -- how can you go wrong?

I'm guessing sometime down the line soon when Windows Seven is out, I'll be ordering a new PC if more of those games require a Double-Core

I also ordered GW: Factions Platinum (GW: Prophecies + GW: Factions) even though I have GW: Prophecies, since I ain't got GW: Factions and can never find that one alone for that kind of price period. Factions is the only one of the bunch I was missing.

Offline idolminds

• ZOMG!
  • Administrator
  • Forum god
« Reply #5 on: Saturday, December 06, 2008, 09:40:20 AM »
Well, I passed on Shadowrun. Game plus shipping...I'd rather keep my $5 than buy a game I won't be able to play.

I did buy The Movies, which I've always wanted. So woo! And I had a peek around the site looking for other deals and I found Tomb Rider Anniversary PC for $10 so I bought that.

Offline scottws

• Gold Member
    • Facebook Me
« Reply #6 on: Saturday, December 06, 2008, 08:27:42 PM »
Some info on Galac Civ 2: Ultimate Edition - Import
According to Stardock's forums, in regards to Galac Civ 2: Ultimate (Import), b/c it is an Import, that is not currently supported for patches by Stardock b/c they didn't publish it overseas; Kalpyso did. They were supposed to patch it, not Stardock.

But, it will be supported now by Stardock, since the publisher dropped the ball.

I don't know if they'll lock Americans out that Import that foreign edition, though -- a la what Valve did to those Americans who bought the Thailand version of The Orange Box PC. I'll see what I can find out.
I find this weird.  The publisher is responsible for patches?  Shouldn't the developer be responsible for patches?  I mean they're the ones that wrote the code.

Offline idolminds

• ZOMG!
  • Administrator
  • Forum god
« Reply #7 on: Saturday, December 06, 2008, 08:37:46 PM »
Well, the publisher I guess has to "OK" the patches for release. Stardock self-published here so no big deal, but I guess that changes for the overseas stuff. Kind of strange.

Offline Quemaqua

• 古い塩
  • Administrator
  • Forum god
  • パンダは触るな。
    • Bookruptcy
« Reply #8 on: Saturday, December 06, 2008, 09:00:21 PM »
You'd be surprised how often this kind of thing happens, though.  Certain regions won't get patches and updates, or because a different company is handling a different area, they fuck something up that doesn't become an issue for regions more closely tied to the developer or original publisher, etc.  Happens a lot with ports, too, where someone else is hired to deal with versions X and Y but the original dev only handled version Z (complicated by different publishers in different regions at times as well, as seen here).

天才的な閃きと平均以下のテクニックやな。 課長有野

Offline MysterD

• Forum god
« Reply #9 on: Sunday, December 07, 2008, 02:14:51 PM »
Well, the publisher I guess has to "OK" the patches for release. Stardock self-published here so no big deal, but I guess that changes for the overseas stuff. Kind of strange.

This is similar to what happened with Boiling Point -- even though Atari published it in the USA and Europe.

The dev's at Deep Shadows fixed shitloads of bugs, changed the car physics (a major complaint in earlier versions of the game from reviews and gamers), game performance, and etc etc for Patch 2.0 -- and Atari "okayed" Patch 2.0 for that game in Europe. But, Atari never "okayed" it for the USA never got that released on their Atari website. Atari dropped support for it in the USA, after its tanked in sales and reviews.

It's a good thing that Euro Patch 2.0 will install on top of the USA version of the game -- b/c it definitely needed it. It's basically STALKER in a real-world setting that is basically like Columbia -- but with also cars -- once patched up.

Offline Pugnate

• What? You no like?
  • Global Moderator
  • Forum god
    • OW
« Reply #10 on: Sunday, December 07, 2008, 02:44:49 PM »
I don't understand what the publishers have to do with patching though. I mean it is the same game, right? If the American version of the game needs a patch, chances are, so does the European one.

Offline scottws

• Gold Member
    • Facebook Me
« Reply #11 on: Sunday, December 07, 2008, 02:49:48 PM »
I'm sure it comes down to money.  Unless there is something in a contract for a game, I'm guessing publishers have to put up funds to pay the devs for the work a patch requires.

A publisher of a game in the USA might pay the devs to create a patch, but probably wouldn't been keen on a publisher of the Euro version of the game getting a free ride.

That's what I'm guessing happens, anyway.