Author Topic: Windows Live SkyDrive  (Read 2031 times)

Offline Cobra951

• Gold Member
Windows Live SkyDrive
« on: Wednesday, January 14, 2009, 10:11:02 AM »
I got an email from Windows Live today detailing some free online services for members.  The one that caught my attention is SkyDrive, a 25-GB online storage space which includes a public folder.  I had to do nothing at all to access it other than agree to the terms of service.  (I actually read that for once.  It's obvious, harmless stuff.)  This may be a good way to give each other stuff.  I think we all have Live in one way or another, we've "friend"-ed each other, and we know who we are in real life more or less.

I still don't know how to point you to my public area, where I uploaded innocuous files of several types to see if anything would stop any of them.  I imagine some of you also received the same email.  So yeah, whatever.  Just throwing it out there.

. . .

Edit 2:  I think this will work.

Yes it does.  So no need for Live or anything else to link this stuff if it's in the public folder.  Cool.

Edit 3:

Direct link to an image . . . also works.

Direct link to MP3 . . . also works.

Hell, this beats my nerfed Roadrunner webspace by a mile.
« Last Edit: Wednesday, January 14, 2009, 10:43:31 AM by Cobra951 »

Offline idolminds

• ZOMG!
  • Administrator
  • Forum god
Re: Windows Live SkyDrive
« Reply #1 on: Wednesday, January 14, 2009, 10:58:50 AM »
Huh, neat. Just got mine.

Offline scottws

• Gold Member
    • Facebook Me
« Reply #2 on: Wednesday, January 14, 2009, 06:44:57 PM »
I've got my own webserver here at home.

Offline Cobra951

• Gold Member
« Reply #3 on: Wednesday, January 14, 2009, 09:10:50 PM »
Isn't your upload speed limited, though?  I had an FTP server set up on my dead PC.  That worked well except for the speed.  Actually, I can launch it on this PC too.  I just don't want to.  With 2 PCs, one was the workhorse and the other the fast and fun one.  Neither is fast anymore.  Ha!