Author Topic: Gogamer.com sale - Oblivion, Shiv Isles, PoP 2008, Empire Earth: Gold, etc.  (Read 2391 times)

Offline MysterD

• Forum god
  • OWNet 4 Eternity & Beyond
Gogamer.com sale - Oblivion, Shiv Isles, PoP 2008, Empire Earth: Gold, etc.
« on: Saturday, February 21, 2009, 07:19:52 AM »
Gogamer.com
All prices before shipping costs.

PC Equipment
Saitek Eclipse 3 Keyboard - $59.90
Microsoft LifeCam VX-3000 Webcam - $17.90

PC Games
Enemy Territory: Quake Wars - $5.90
Prince of Persia [2008] (Import) - $21.90
Europa Universalis III Complete Collection - $19.90
Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion - $9.90
Elder Scrolls IV: Shivering Isles (Expansion Pack to Oblivion) - $4.90
Empire Earth: Gold Edition - $6.90

X360
Band Kit - Guitar Hero World Tour (Import) - $99.90

Wii
Obscure: The Aftermath - $15.90
Far Cry: Vengeance - $14.90
No More Heroes - $14.90

PSP
Virtua Tennis 3 (PSP) - $13.90

Nintendo DS
Sonic Rush - $14.90
Petz Wild Animals: Tigerz - $13.90

Offline idolminds

• ZOMG!
  • Administrator
  • Forum god
Re: Gogamer.com sale - Oblivion, Shiv Isles, PoP 2008, Empire Earth: Gold, etc.
« Reply #1 on: Saturday, February 21, 2009, 11:07:55 AM »
Ordered PoP and Shivering Isles.

Offline Quemaqua

• 古い塩
  • Administrator
  • Forum god
  • パンダは触るな。
    • Bookruptcy
« Reply #2 on: Saturday, February 21, 2009, 11:51:00 AM »
Some great deals there.  Shivering Isles was fantastic in every conceivable way.  I loved that thing.  Quake Wars wouldn't be a bad deal at that price, either.  I'd love to grab Prince of Persia, but I'm out of available funds for the time being.  Such is life, I guess.  I really want No More Heroes, too.

The one thing that really blows my mind is that there's a keyboard which is on *sale* for $60.  Did these things skyrocket in price or something?  I can't remember what I paid for mine because I got it when I did my new rig, but... damn.  That seems like a lot for a keyboard.

天才的な閃きと平均以下のテクニックやな。 課長有野

Offline idolminds

• ZOMG!
  • Administrator
  • Forum god
« Reply #3 on: Saturday, February 21, 2009, 12:03:25 PM »
Keyboards are crazy. I want a new one, something with USB so my PC doesn't bitch when I try to use more than 3 keys at once. Anything cheap is PS/2, and from there it jumps to like $30 minimum and usually more than that. I don't need "media keys" and other bullshit.

Offline Quemaqua

• 古い塩
  • Administrator
  • Forum god
  • パンダは触るな。
    • Bookruptcy
« Reply #4 on: Saturday, February 21, 2009, 12:06:20 PM »
Yeah.  My keyboard has a ton of them, and I use exactly... none of them.  Well, that's not true.  I do *occasionally* use the volume button because I only use my USB headset for sound, and it's a bit wonky when it comes to levels.  And my rat does occasionally step on the sleep button to turn the thing off when I'm trying to play something.

Offline Xessive

• Gold Member
    • XSV @ deviantART
« Reply #5 on: Saturday, February 21, 2009, 01:12:43 PM »
That particular keyboard is pretty sweet. It's on par with Logitech G15, in quality and price.

Keyboard prices are pretty high when they're advertised as "gaming" keyboards or "diNovo" which is Logitech's ridiculously priced luxury keyboard series.

I'm liking that Eclipse 3 though.

Offline Quemaqua

• 古い塩
  • Administrator
  • Forum god
  • パンダは触るな。
    • Bookruptcy
« Reply #6 on: Saturday, February 21, 2009, 04:00:53 PM »
I think that might be the one Sy has, actually.  I'd know if the fucking page would ever load.  5 minutes and counting.

No, not the one he has.  His is much sexier.

Offline Xessive

• Gold Member
    • XSV @ deviantART
« Reply #7 on: Saturday, February 21, 2009, 04:33:11 PM »
Does Sy have this one?

I'm on no rush for a new keyboard I'd just really like one with backlighting ;D

Offline W7RE

• Post-aholic
« Reply #8 on: Saturday, February 21, 2009, 06:12:05 PM »
I look for 3 things in a keyboard:

1. cheap
2. mini
3. shallow laptop-style keys

This is what I'm using now. I like mini because it lets me have my mouse and my WASD keys closer to eachother, which is more comfortable to me than spreading them out due to a huge keyboard.

Offline Quemaqua

• 古い塩
  • Administrator
  • Forum god
  • パンダは触るな。
    • Bookruptcy
« Reply #9 on: Saturday, February 21, 2009, 06:53:09 PM »
Ugh, no keypad?  Heaven forbid.

No X, Sy's is much sexier than that one, too.  For some reason I feel like it's a Saitek, but it's got like a blue light under the keys or something that outlines them, and it's all thin and sleek looking.  I have no idea what it is.

Offline sirean_syan

• Global Moderator
  • Post-aholic
« Reply #10 on: Saturday, February 21, 2009, 07:18:15 PM »
Here's is what I have, more or less. I have silver trim, which matched my old case, but the look and layout is the same otherwise. It's the original run of the Eclipse. The light doesn't come through the keys like on some of the newer models, but it has exactly four more keys than a standard keyboard. Three are volume controls (up, down, and mute) and one to lower or turn off the backlight. I've been happy with it. I wanted a normal keyboard, but something slightly cooler if I could manage it without going too far. It also comes up with an extra removable keypad with 1-12 numbered keys for extra controls (that plugs into the back of the keyboard with a cat5 plug of all things). I've thought about using it for convenient controls for sims and such, but it Windows counts it as a gamepad/joystick, so I can't use it at the same time as a joystick without extra work.

That newer model is kinda cool looking with the red light shining through. It reminds me of the Shivans from Freespace. I think that would be a little too distracting in a game though.

Offline PyroMenace

« Reply #11 on: Saturday, February 21, 2009, 09:19:08 PM »
Ive been through 2 saiteks, which is more than enough for me. I just ended up buying a cheap MS one with shallow keys like W7RE said, its not a mini and its curved but I love it. Keys feel nice and its easier on the wrist.

Offline W7RE

• Post-aholic
« Reply #12 on: Saturday, February 21, 2009, 09:26:12 PM »
I have a USB number pad to make up for the fact that there isn't one on my keyboard. Except that after a year or two of never touching it, and it just taking up desk/USB port space, I unplugged it and stored it away in a box somewhere. I don't know, I just don't miss it.

Offline scottws

• Gold Member
    • Facebook Me
« Reply #13 on: Saturday, February 21, 2009, 09:31:15 PM »
I am currently using a $7 Lite-On 104 key keyboard.  It's been fine.  It's kind of an odd design, but the color scheme actually works out well with my NEC 20WMGX monitor and it was completely unintentional (I bought the keyboard first).  It is PS/2, but I don't give a shit.  I have seen a few new PCs and motherboards not coming with PS/2 ports though, so this might be my last cheapie.

I'm with Que on the number pad thing.  I use mine all the time.

Offline Xessive

• Gold Member
    • XSV @ deviantART
« Reply #14 on: Sunday, February 22, 2009, 05:42:12 AM »
Yeah, that is the original Saitek Eclipse. When Que said "sexy" I automatically imagined a glossy finish :P

I like Saitek's Eclipse series more than their Cyborg stuff. While the Cyborg series hardware usually has a bit more function (replacable or swappable bits) they're usually fuglier. Although their latest Cyborg gamepad works on PC, PS2, and PS3. So it is tempting.

I always look for the traditional keyboard layout. The left shift should be normal size with the Z key right beside it, no slash or any other key jammed in between Shift and Z. A full sized Enter key. The proper Home-End-Ins-Del-PGUP-PGDN key configuration is preferable. The numpad is important too. The other things I look for are silent keys and slim design.