Author Topic: Drunk  (Read 2269 times)

Offline wizall

Drunk
« on: Friday, March 13, 2009, 04:45:39 AM »
<egregious sentimentality>
I feel as though I haven't sufficiently contributed, despite the fact that I've gone from IGN, to AOG, to now, seamlessy.   I'm resisting to launch into a diatribe regarding my endurance (e.g.  when Sav was a girl, Cools was around, etc), but I shan't.  And I'm also tempted to list my favorites here, but who gives a shit?  I'll start with brief impressions:  GPW, you're fucking hilarious, brother, and I read all your shit.  Que, you're like the king of this little nook in the wild WWW.  Idol, I'm sorry you're on dial-up, friend, but regardless, I respect your opinion of all things indie created (mods).  Pyro, I believe we're friends XBL, but we've no games to share (though I did notice level 50 in Mass Effect...mazel tov).  Cobra, you're a voice of reason around this joint; I routinely second guess my own opinion after I read yours.  Scott, I'm sorry you're a fan of a the Bengals; you're clearly a masochist and I GET IT.  Sav, you're legit, kid.  Sorry the breach was never truly healed, even though your confession is now approaching four years old.  (Pardon, but that was a wild affair.)  Schlotzky, where the fuck did you go?  MysterD, the quote master, we may mock your pedantry, but I enjoy the shit out of it.  I'll be coming to Boston soon, and the drinks are on me.  Pugnate, you may be the nicest person in the universe (re: facebook interaction.)  Xessive, I don't really know you sir, but I like you.  Your grammar is excellent.  Ghandi, you've lingered for ages; I also value your opinion.  (Manage to pierce the puberty membrane?...jk)  Angrykeeb, I saw pics of you that Que posted.  With your attitude(and race) you could be my piece of shit drunken friend Markus.  He's also regretfully asian.  And equally clever (note: full of shit.)  And equally hilarious. And W7RE, you linger, perhaps less than me, but I also value your opinion. Along with Belmont (you're friends with W7RE, yes?  I live on Belmont, in Portland, OR, btw.)  And WindandConfussion, you, sir, are  hilarious.  Your pedantry and horseshit are not ignored.  Thomas Kinkade is the epitome of kitch.  He's absolutely awful.  Could not agree more.  While "art" is 100% subjective, he's garbage 100% nausea-inducing.  In fact, I imagine it's hung up in KFCs around the country.  Call me a snob, I don't care, he doesn't know his ass from a door knob.  Boring, boring, soul-slaying art.    Had you an opinion on games we'd be 100% kosher.   

Anyway, I don't know where the fuck I'm going with this.  I have serious fucking hiccups.  I'm writing you all instead of going over to some skank's apartment (gpw, I relate to your shenanigans more than you know.  gonna be in Vancouver on Saturday.  wanna meet up?  Me and mine can hold our own. (This spew, perhaps, verifies, me and mine's sorry state) Don't answer, though we do have weed.) I hope I haven't offended anyone, but I guess my drunken diatribe here was an ode to all you guys.  I don't feel "left out," as I don't casually contribute, but enjoy all of your opinions.  I didn't comment on Cobra's Banjo's brilliant designs or Que's impeccable writing (nice work on the relational pronouns ("who" v. "that")), but that doesn't mean it's not noted by me, however minuscule that is.  Occasionally I venture into the cesspool that is Gamespot/Gamefaqs or IGN message boards and I'm horrified.  The only solace is found in the most obscure games...and this place.  Elsewhere it's filled with people who don't know the difference between "your," "you're," and "ur."  Who believe that "halo" is analogous to utter quality. 

How can one be sentimental at 439AM PDT in a forum?  Well, I admit, I can.  I'm neither a poet nor a writer (clearly), but I did want to show my lurking appreciation.  You're all fine folk and I'll continue to lurk.  MysterD, you may annoy, but you inform, and fuck anyone who disagrees.  The next time in MA, sir, we will get tore up. 

Anyhoodles, you guys are pretty sweet.  I didn't spellcheck.  I just "wang" it.

</egregious sentimentality>

Offline Quemaqua

• 古い塩
  • Administrator
  • Forum god
  • パンダは触るな。
    • Bookruptcy
Re: Drunk
« Reply #1 on: Friday, March 13, 2009, 06:15:39 AM »
I get sentimental without having had a drop, at times, so you're certainly in good company.  While I'm about to run off to work and don't have much time for response, I'll certainly say that I've always enjoyed when you've taken the time to drop in and post, we're definitely glad to have you around even if you lurk more than talk -- quality vs. quantity and all that -- and I heartily agree with your enjoyably arrant sentimentality which expresses my own feelings quite nicely (barring of course the comments about me, where I can express no opinion whatever).  It really is a good group here, and I feel blessed to be acquainted with everyone, and even more blessed to consider so many my friends.

Even if we weren't talking about the Internet we could all certainly do one hell of a lot worse; and really, that's saying something.

天才的な閃きと平均以下のテクニックやな。 課長有野

Offline Xessive

• Gold Member
    • XSV @ deviantART
« Reply #2 on: Friday, March 13, 2009, 11:55:11 AM »
Hey wizall! Thank you, I really appreciate that :) The feeling is mutual.

Your sentimentality not only validates your contribution here but helps us get to know you better as well. Hopefully with your upcoming posts we'll get to read more of you and your encounters :D

Offline angrykeebler

• Veteran
« Reply #3 on: Friday, March 13, 2009, 01:31:35 PM »
uhhh

thanks?

i guess?
Suck it, Pugnate.

Offline PyroMenace

« Reply #4 on: Friday, March 13, 2009, 01:34:58 PM »
uhhh

thanks?

i guess?

Hey he posts more coherent while drunk than you ever could.

Offline angrykeebler

• Veteran
« Reply #5 on: Friday, March 13, 2009, 01:58:43 PM »
Hey he posts more coherent while drunk than you ever could.

you shut your whore mouth
Suck it, Pugnate.

Offline Quemaqua

• 古い塩
  • Administrator
  • Forum god
  • パンダは触るな。
    • Bookruptcy
« Reply #6 on: Friday, March 13, 2009, 06:40:07 PM »
haha man... I love you guys.

天才的な閃きと平均以下のテクニックやな。 課長有野