Author Topic: Dungeons & Dragons 4th Edition  (Read 14574 times)

Offline TheOtherBelmont

• Post-aholic
Re: Dungeons & Dragons 4th Edition
« Reply #40 on: Saturday, May 23, 2009, 11:35:34 AM »
Okay, cool.  I'll try to get all my MapTool stuff set up by then.

So we're basically down to once a month then?

Yeah pretty much, unless there's a night where we aren't (or don't feel) like doing anything else, either Bryan's campaign or a boardgame, one of us will let you know ASAP.  There also might be certain nights where we can't do Bryan's campaign due to certain people not being here, if that happens, we'll let you know that we want to do your campaign that night, so there is a possibility for doing yours more than once a month.

Offline Quemaqua

• 古い塩
  • Administrator
  • Forum god
  • パンダは触るな。
    • Bookruptcy
« Reply #41 on: Saturday, May 23, 2009, 11:42:39 AM »
Cool.  It looks like I may have finally found a local game, which will be running twice a month on alternating  Saturdays, so it should work out okay either way.  Julia has considered possibly joining us online, or she may join me on the local game.  Or maybe both, maybe neither.  She's been enjoying a few games of 4e I've run for her, but it's only been a couple, so not sure if she'll stick with it or not.

天才的な閃きと平均以下のテクニックやな。 課長有野

Offline Dragonlor

• Nii-San!
« Reply #42 on: Saturday, May 23, 2009, 04:39:12 PM »
With the death of Tamaros we are down a man so it would be awesome to get her in the game. 

Offline Quemaqua

• 古い塩
  • Administrator
  • Forum god
  • パンダは触るな。
    • Bookruptcy
« Reply #43 on: Saturday, May 23, 2009, 07:38:09 PM »
I think I might have her sit in on a session to see how it plays online.  She's afraid she won't understand how to use the program, but hopefully she'll see that it's pretty easy and really I could do everything for her if I had to anyway.

So I went to my new local game store today for the Worldwide D&D Game Day, and I have to say I had a great time!  I was kinda' nervous at first, and the fact that all the people there were regulars and knew the rules backwards and forwards compared to me didn't help, but they were all pretty easygoing and helpful.  We were the last of the 3 tables finished, and we went an extra hour (it was a 4 hour event, but we stayed for 5), but we did win.  We used pretty good tactics and nobody so much as went down.  I played the warlord, and turns out that's quite a tricky class.  Man, so many conditional powers.  But it worked out and it was good fun, so the day was a rousing success.  Was nice to meet some local people, too, and it turns out there really are a lot of older people who play the game.  Most of my table was 40+, and one guy looked like he was a bit over 60.  There was one young girl who was the daughter of one of the other guys, and the guy next to me looked like he was probably late 20s, early 30s.  I've never really done anything like this before, so it was a new experience, but I'd definitely consider doing it again.  They do Living Forgotten Realms on Thursday nights, so I might consider trying that a few times depending on what happens with this other group.

Offline Dragonlor

• Nii-San!
« Reply #44 on: Sunday, May 24, 2009, 01:59:27 AM »
I know the feeling at the Go club I go to there are mostly people 30+ in age so it was kinda awkward, but they are some good people and fun to talk to about the game.  A few of them are rather good players, most of the older aged ones are ranked 1d and above for the AGA(America Go Association.)  look up the ranking system don't want to explain hehe.  Anyways glad you had fun and I'm sure you understand the rules a bit better now to.  I have been reading the players hand book quite a bit along with the dungeon masters guide.  going to start working on some more stuff like artifacts and what not myself.

Edit: Matt(Tamaros) is off Tuesday as well so I'll actually be going to his house to play some DnD with him and his wife.  So I wont be able to do anything Tuesday.  Belmont will help Wednesday though.

2nd edit:  So I have some more books now.  Manual of the plains, and open grave, along with the players handbook 2.  Alot of interesting things in both of them.  I'm liking the Knight of Celestia paladin paragon path a lot.
« Last Edit: Tuesday, June 23, 2009, 07:35:34 AM by Dragonlor »

Offline idolminds

• ZOMG!
  • Administrator
  • Forum god
« Reply #45 on: Tuesday, June 23, 2009, 02:26:10 PM »

Offline Quemaqua

• 古い塩
  • Administrator
  • Forum god
  • パンダは触るな。
    • Bookruptcy
« Reply #46 on: Tuesday, June 23, 2009, 05:28:47 PM »
Haha, that should be a t-shirt.

Offline Dragonlor

• Nii-San!
« Reply #47 on: Sunday, June 28, 2009, 02:02:08 AM »
Man this sucks I'm torn between to different paragons paths for my paladin if we are to get to lvl 11.  "Scion of Arkhosia" which is the dragonborn paragon path in PH2 which awakens the noble blood of a hero from Arkhosia.  The other is "Knight of Celestia" the one paladin paragon path from manual of the planes.  Someone help me decide on one or the other.  I was thinking the scion one becasue it gives me wings woo, and it could add to my character background and development more.
« Last Edit: Sunday, June 28, 2009, 02:32:29 AM by Dragonlor »

Offline Xessive

• Gold Member
    • XSV @ deviantART
« Reply #48 on: Sunday, June 28, 2009, 01:13:11 PM »
I came across this list from Cracked.com:

15 Retarded D&D Monsters

Offline Quemaqua

• 古い塩
  • Administrator
  • Forum god
  • パンダは触るな。
    • Bookruptcy
« Reply #49 on: Sunday, June 28, 2009, 02:01:44 PM »
Heh, pretty funny little writeup.  I love the ridiculousness of some of the D&D monsters.  Like one of the guys in the comments said, some of the fun comes from the utter idiocy of it.  In his example, he applied basically every template he could find to a weasel and made his players keep fighting it.  That's pretty great.  Now it has wings!  Now it's a zombie!  Now it's a dire weasel!

Offline Dragonlor

• Nii-San!
« Reply #50 on: Monday, June 29, 2009, 05:35:39 AM »
I've thought of a name for our group of companions.  Considering the name of the campaign is "Last Sons of Gold Harbor".  Figured our company name could be "Sons of Gold Harbor."

Edit: So yeah I am attempting a portrait of our characters.  It wont be beautiful because I haven't drawn in a very long time.  So it's probably going to be more cartoony then anything.  I was also thinking we can play this upcoming Thursday but we'll see.
« Last Edit: Saturday, July 04, 2009, 06:43:37 AM by Dragonlor »

Offline Quemaqua

• 古い塩
  • Administrator
  • Forum god
  • パンダは触るな。
    • Bookruptcy
« Reply #51 on: Saturday, July 04, 2009, 10:07:23 AM »
I think I'm more or less covered for content for the next bit, so I should be okay whenever.  Only downside is my work forced me to change my schedule after they fired my coworker, so I now have to work 8:30 to 5.  Before I was working 8 to 4.  Motherfuckers.  So yeah, we won't be able to start quite as early.

Offline TheOtherBelmont

• Post-aholic
« Reply #52 on: Saturday, July 04, 2009, 10:33:53 AM »
So yeah, we won't be able to start quite as early.

It's all good.  Corey, Bryan, and I are all up late anyways.  I'm pretty sure Idol is too.  Also, I remade my character into a fighter with Bryan, do you want a PDF of him, since I have a handwritten sheet for him?  Or do you just want specific stats/skills?

Offline Quemaqua

• 古い塩
  • Administrator
  • Forum god
  • パンダは触るな。
    • Bookruptcy
« Reply #53 on: Saturday, July 04, 2009, 11:07:03 AM »
It's fine.  I'm not keeping super hardcore track of your characters.  You can just give me the main numbers at the next session.  If idol ever figures out that google docs thing he was talking about, we might be able to keep stuff on there, but it's all good for now.

EDIT - Guys, may not be able to play tonight.  A lot on my plate just now.  Maybe we can skip a session?
« Last Edit: Thursday, July 09, 2009, 07:15:58 AM by Quemaqua »

Offline Dragonlor

• Nii-San!
« Reply #54 on: Wednesday, September 30, 2009, 05:58:10 AM »
I found a really cool site that has a lot of card stock models.  Making it cheaper to add a new 3d element to the dnd world.  www.worldworksgames.com