Author Topic: Forget M&KB vs controller. What about controller vs Move?  (Read 1808 times)

Offline idolminds

• ZOMG!
  • Administrator
  • Forum god
Forget M&KB vs controller. What about controller vs Move?
« on: Sunday, October 03, 2010, 10:46:25 AM »
It will be interesting to see how Sony handles it. Mouse and keyboard are usually not allowed on consoles to keep things "fair" in multiplayer. People say Wii controls for FPS games are almost as good as a mouse, and now the PS3 has Move which is more or less just like the Wii controller. There is no way Sony is going to tell developers NOT to use Move, they are going to need as many games supporting it as possible and I bet they will push or pay more devs to add it to their games.

So what happens to multiplayer? Will it be fair to have Move users vs dual analog users? Will people care? If not, then why keep M&KB out?

Offline Xessive

• Gold Member
    • XSV @ deviantART
Re: Forget M&KB vs controller. What about controller vs Move?
« Reply #1 on: Sunday, October 03, 2010, 10:54:06 AM »
Hmm, I'd like to try Killzone 2 with the Move.

I still don't get the "fair/unfair" argument. As I've pointed out before, other game genres have custom peripherals which may add advantages as well. I just don't think it's a valid argument.

Offline K-man

• Post-aholic
  • HOW'S IT FEEEEEL IDOL
« Reply #2 on: Sunday, October 03, 2010, 12:36:08 PM »
I don't know how the tracking and calibration is on the move controller, but using the Wii remote is definitely not advantageous to a controller in most every FPSish game i've played on Wii.

Offline Xessive

• Gold Member
    • XSV @ deviantART
« Reply #3 on: Sunday, October 03, 2010, 01:05:22 PM »
It's pretty sensitive compared to the Wii. I've tried The Shoot demo, which is a scrolling shooter, and it was alright, granted that was basically pointing a cursor at targets and shooting. The Archery game is Sports Champions goes into first-person aiming and it seems to work quite well, I can definitely aim more accurately than with an analogue stick.

Offline Cobra951

• Gold Member
« Reply #4 on: Sunday, October 03, 2010, 05:36:13 PM »
Metroid Prime 3 is the only good example I know of to test the Wiimote as a gun you can aim and shoot.  Make sure to set controls to Advanced first.  Otherwise it sucks.