Author Topic: PYRO!  (Read 2364 times)

Offline Pugnate

• What? You no like?
  • Global Moderator
  • Forum god
    • OW
PYRO!
« on: Wednesday, October 06, 2010, 04:01:51 PM »
How is life in Texas? Settled in? How is the new job?

Offline Ghandi

• HAMS
Re: PYRO!
« Reply #1 on: Wednesday, October 06, 2010, 10:12:43 PM »
The new job hasn't been easy for him. We keep in almost daily contact, and he's told me that the new job is taxing. Standing on street corners all day is pretty stressful on the legs, as he has quickly learned. But the money is pouring in and he is blowing away the competition.

Offline Pugnate

• What? You no like?
  • Global Moderator
  • Forum god
    • OW
« Reply #2 on: Thursday, October 07, 2010, 11:52:12 PM »
YOU LIE!

Offline PyroMenace

« Reply #3 on: Friday, October 08, 2010, 09:58:42 AM »
I'm doing pretty good. The job is pretty stress free, much more so than my last one so it helps he focus more easily on classes. Then there's the house, which my dad and I can't wait to move into. As you can see in the pics that all thats been built so far is the foundation. It will take about 45 working days for the house to be completed. I plan on taking pics once a week checking up on the construction so I'll put more up as time goes on. But yea, the only complaint really is that the apartment here is cramped and theres alot of annoying noisy ass teenagers.

Overall Texas has been an experience for me. It's a much bigger melting pot of cultures than what I've been used to. For instance the city or Arlington where I work has a big population of hispanics as well as the hospital I work in, also lots of africans, and not african americans, but real africans straight from places like Sudan. I would say that most people that work there, at least on the 3rd shift because I noticed much more whites work on the day shift, speak english as a secondary language. Quite a different change from Cookeville, Tennessee which is occupied by mostly whites, much of which would declare civil war if they worked where I'm at. 

Offline Pugnate

• What? You no like?
  • Global Moderator
  • Forum god
    • OW
« Reply #4 on: Sunday, October 10, 2010, 03:55:54 AM »
Woah, you work in a hospital?

It sucks about the apartment, but it is awesome you have a house to look forward to. I've lived in rented places all of my life, and I wish I could live in a house I own.

Some day.

The funny thing is that I have a bit of family that lives in Dallas. They tell me that here is large minority community there. Larger than I expected.

Offline ren

• Veteran
« Reply #5 on: Tuesday, October 12, 2010, 06:16:06 PM »
Do you have neighbours at your new house or are you super isolated?

Offline PyroMenace

« Reply #6 on: Friday, October 29, 2010, 11:13:26 AM »
There's going to be plenty of neighbors once the neighborhood starts to fill out. There is already a house next to us and behind us which is in the process of being built as well, they are actually not that far behind.

I've updated it with more pics, take a look see.

Offline Xessive

• Gold Member
    • XSV @ deviantART
« Reply #7 on: Friday, October 29, 2010, 02:11:19 PM »
Awesome pics, Pyro! Just added it to my favs.

Offline Quemaqua

• 古い塩
  • Administrator
  • Forum god
  • パンダは触るな。
    • Bookruptcy
« Reply #8 on: Saturday, October 30, 2010, 09:15:27 AM »
Good stuff!  When can I move in?   ;D

天才的な閃きと平均以下のテクニックやな。 課長有野