Author Topic: PC Gamer's 100 Best PC Games Of All Time List - 2011 Edition  (Read 2264 times)

Offline MysterD

• Forum god
  • OWNet 4 Eternity & Beyond

Offline iPPi

• Roar!
Re: PC Gamer's 100 Best PC Games Of All Time List - 2011 Edition
« Reply #1 on: Wednesday, February 16, 2011, 07:27:10 PM »
That list is ridiculous.  I looked about 4-5 pages of it... nearly all the games are 'new entries' and true gems like Grim Fandango have fallen down to 80th.  Minecraft is 17th?  World of Warcraft is number 2?

How the hell did Hitman Blood Money get #21?  I mean I love the Hitman series, but I always got the impression that it was under-appreciated and most people thought it was a forgettable experience.

Starcraft 2, out for less than a year got #9, while the original is nearly ousted to the bottom of the list. 

I think the only one I agree with is Deus Ex at number 1.

Offline MysterD

• Forum god
  • OWNet 4 Eternity & Beyond
« Reply #2 on: Wednesday, February 16, 2011, 07:31:16 PM »
My jaw dropped w/ SupCom2 at 29.
How the hell did GTA4 go from 15th last year to now this year at 100th?

Offline idolminds

• ZOMG!
  • Administrator
  • Forum god
« Reply #3 on: Wednesday, February 16, 2011, 09:01:17 PM »
Unreal Tournament rating higher than Quake 3? LIST INVALIDATED

But Tribes is higher than both, so they got something right.

I think they should have cut down on listing multiple games from the same series. I mean, both L4D and L4D2? Counter Strike and CS:S? They are practically the same games. Same could be argued for the Monkey Island games. Fallout vs Fallout 3...not so much since they are quite different.

Also, here is the list. Save you some clicks:
(click to show/hide)

Offline Cools!

• Administrator
  • Veteran
  • Let's burn.
« Reply #4 on: Wednesday, February 16, 2011, 10:53:22 PM »
Starcraft 2, out for less than a year got #9, while the original is nearly ousted to the bottom of the list. 

Yeah, the original should've been way higher.

Offline scottws

• Gold Member
    • Facebook Me
« Reply #5 on: Wednesday, February 23, 2011, 02:34:52 PM »
That list is ridiculous.  I looked about 4-5 pages of it... nearly all the games are 'new entries' and true gems like Grim Fandango have fallen down to 80th.  Minecraft is 17th?  World of Warcraft is number 2?

How the hell did Hitman Blood Money get #21?  I mean I love the Hitman series, but I always got the impression that it was under-appreciated and most people thought it was a forgettable experience.

I think the only one I agree with is Deus Ex at number 1.
I know it is easy to disagree with lists like this, especially a 100-game one.  But come on!  My first gripe with it was Red Faction: Guerilla making the list at all.  That game is so completely average it doesn't deserve to be on any list with "Best" in the title.  But then Starcraft at 86 and SCII at 9?  You are kidding, right?