Author Topic: THQ Is NOT The Publisher For People Can Fly's next game (makers of Painkiller)  (Read 2028 times)

Offline MysterD

• Forum god
  • OWNet 4 Eternity & Beyond
So, THQ was originally going to publish People Can Fly's next game (those guys made Painkiller + Battle out of Hell expansion)...

...That ain't happening, according to THQ, recently.

So I wonder who is gonna publish that one and when it'll be coming....

» THQ-People Can Fly Publishing Deal Cancelled

FiringSquad has learned that an announced publishing deal for an upcoming game between THQ and developer People Can Fly has now been canceled. THQ announced just over a year ago plans to publish the next game from People Can Fly who previously released the acclaimed first person shooter Painkiller for publisher Dreamcatcher. At the time of the press release the unnamed game was due for release late in 2007. Since the announcement there has been little to no news on the status of the game from either People Can Fly or THQ.

At THQ's press event on Thursday, FiringSquad asked the company's executive vice president of worldwide publishing Kelly Flock about the status of the People Can Fly game. He replied, "We are not going to be continuing that project". Flock stated that the game "was ambitious to begin with" but during the development of the game the decision was made to part ways with People Can Fly on the title. Flock said the decision was mutual between the two parties and added, "We wish them the best." FiringSquad has contacted People Can Fly for comment but at the time of this posting we have not yet received a response.

Offline Quemaqua

• 古い塩
  • Administrator
  • Forum god
  • パンダは触るな。
    • Bookruptcy
Re: THQ Is NOT The Publisher For People Can Fly's next game (makers of Painkille
« Reply #1 on: Friday, March 02, 2007, 09:43:40 PM »
Kind of a bummer.  I thought partnering with THQ would have been cool.  Seems a better fit than Dreamcatcher.  Ah well, we don't even really know what the project is/was, so no use worrying too much about it.

天才的な閃きと平均以下のテクニックやな。 課長有野

Offline MysterD

• Forum god
  • OWNet 4 Eternity & Beyond
Re: THQ Is NOT The Publisher For People Can Fly's next game (makers of Painkille
« Reply #2 on: Saturday, March 03, 2007, 06:01:42 AM »
Kind of a bummer.  I thought partnering with THQ would have been cool.  Seems a better fit than Dreamcatcher.  Ah well, we don't even really know what the project is/was, so no use worrying too much about it.

I am very curious what PCF are up to.

Painkiller rocks. I need to give that one more time.

Shit, I need to give A LOT of games I haven't finished MORE time.