Author Topic: Hurricane watching is highly anxiety inducing  (Read 1322 times)

Offline scottws

• Gold Member
    • Facebook Me
Hurricane watching is highly anxiety inducing
« on: Tuesday, August 23, 2011, 05:07:46 AM »
Irene... the bitch is killing me.  Late last week I heard that there was a tropical storm down by Puerto Rico and it was expected to hit South Florida.  It was expected to grow into a Category 1 hurricane around Cuba.  If it went over Cuba, it would lose strength and hit South Florida at tropical storm strength.  If it missed Cuba, it would stay a Category 1 (not that big a deal, apparently).

Fast forward to today.  It is definitely going to miss Cuba, but now they are saying it is going to either hit Florida or the Carolinas as a Category 3 or Category 4.  If it ends up hitting South Florida it will be a Category 4, which is really, really bad.  But it isn't expected to hit until Friday, so this could all change again.

I'm normally a really laid back person, but every time I think about this my body starts pumping adrenaline and I get nervous.  What a welcome to Florida!

Offline Cobra951

• Gold Member
Re: Hurricane watching is highly anxiety inducing
« Reply #1 on: Tuesday, August 23, 2011, 08:00:21 AM »
I just found out my family in Puerto Rico was without water or power until today because of Irene.  Welcome to the tropics, man!  You have to pay the price once in a while for the year-round surf and sun.  Hope it misses you.

Offline Quemaqua

• 古い塩
  • Administrator
  • Forum god
  • パンダは触るな。
    • Bookruptcy
Re: Hurricane watching is highly anxiety inducing
« Reply #2 on: Tuesday, August 23, 2011, 09:48:11 AM »
Hope you get used to it, dude. It doesn't get any better.

天才的な閃きと平均以下のテクニックやな。 課長有野