Author Topic: Resonance - upcoming point and click adventure  (Read 3073 times)

Offline idolminds

• ZOMG!
  • Administrator
  • Forum god
Resonance - upcoming point and click adventure
« on: Thursday, May 17, 2012, 11:13:21 AM »
Launching on GoG!

Read a bit about it here. Coming from Wadjet Eye Games (Gemini Rue), and it sounds pretty sweet. They even got the Bastion narrator to do a voice!

Offline MysterD

• Forum god
  • OWNet 4 Eternity & Beyond
Re: Resonance - upcoming point and click adventure
« Reply #1 on: Thursday, May 17, 2012, 04:41:54 PM »
OFF TOPIC:
Since they are putting games on GOG, is Gemini Rue also eventually coming to GOG?

Offline Xessive

• Gold Member
    • XSV @ deviantART
« Reply #2 on: Thursday, May 17, 2012, 11:27:03 PM »
Hmm, I think GOG do have an on-going indie initiative, so I wouldn't be surprised Gemini Rue (among many others) does eventually show up on there.

Offline idolminds

• ZOMG!
  • Administrator
  • Forum god
« Reply #3 on: Thursday, January 24, 2013, 10:25:34 AM »
So I just played and beat this last night. I don't want to spoil it, but one event I didn't see coming and stayed up till nearly 4am to finish and see what happens.

Offline Quemaqua

• 古い塩
  • Administrator
  • Forum god
  • パンダは触るな。
    • Bookruptcy
« Reply #4 on: Thursday, January 24, 2013, 05:34:46 PM »
Short then, I take it?

天才的な閃きと平均以下のテクニックやな。 課長有野

Offline idolminds

• ZOMG!
  • Administrator
  • Forum god
« Reply #5 on: Thursday, January 24, 2013, 05:51:41 PM »
Not particularly. Its probably 10 hours or so? I sorta wrote my last post wrong. I just beat it last night, but I played it over 2 days or so. It was just the last 2-3 hours I got totally hooked and had to see it through.

It's got a really interesting "memory" mechanic. Instead of just having things to click on, you can click and drag things into you Short Term Memory (STM). So theres a computer terminal in the corner of the room, for example, and you want to ask the secretary about it. Its not just going to be one of the options in the dialog tree, but you can ask people about anything you put in your STM. Of course you still get responses like "They probably don't want to talk about that" when you ask some random dude about the houseplant, but its still really cool. The only time it sorta sucks is when you don't put things in your STM and then during a conversation it becomes apparent you should be talking to this person about it...you have to bail out, go put it in the STM, and start again. So its not a perfect system. Unless you go OCD and just add everything you ever see to your STM.

Offline Quemaqua

• 古い塩
  • Administrator
  • Forum god
  • パンダは触るな。
    • Bookruptcy
« Reply #6 on: Thursday, January 24, 2013, 05:57:32 PM »
I would probably do that. That would be potentially problematic, haha. The game did look really cool, though. It was a part of a bundle recently, right? I think that was one I didn't get because it was one of the few games I'd have wanted and I don't have time to play it anyway.

天才的な閃きと平均以下のテクニックやな。 課長有野

Offline idolminds

• ZOMG!
  • Administrator
  • Forum god
« Reply #7 on: Thursday, January 24, 2013, 06:09:26 PM »
Yeah, that last Indie Royale had it.