Author Topic: Skullgirls still coming to PC  (Read 2644 times)

Offline idolminds

• ZOMG!
  • Administrator
  • Forum god
Skullgirls still coming to PC
« on: Friday, February 01, 2013, 07:15:04 PM »
WORDS

Since we first announced our intention to bring Skullgirls to the PC, people have been clamoring for updates. But I’m ecstatic to report that  Autumn Games is in the final stages of signing an agreement with Marvelous AQL to fund and publish the PC version of Skullgirls, and work will begin on the PC version in the coming weeks.

We presented Marvelous with two options: a relatively quick port that would mirror the feature set of the console releases, and a slower port with expanded multiplayer functionality such as lobbies. Marvelous AQL has graciously opted for the second option.

Once we begin working on it we expect the project to take around four months to complete. As we get closer to release, we’ll have more information for you about the public beta, what new features you can expect,  and much more.

And, like before, the PC version will be released on pretty much every digital distribution platform: Gamefly, GamersGate, GameStop PC Download, Origin, and Steam.
The devs had to deal with some shit, like the entire team getting laid off. So I imagine that put a crimp in their original plans. I wonder what sort of community this will have coming so long after the console releases (We'll be coming up on a year pretty soon). Guess that will depend on what updates they make to it.