Author Topic: Professor Layton vs Ace Attorney  (Read 2876 times)

Offline idolminds

• ZOMG!
  • Administrator
  • Forum god
Professor Layton vs Ace Attorney
« on: Tuesday, October 19, 2010, 09:40:06 PM »

Offline gpw11

• Gold Member
Re: Professor Layton vs Ace Attorney
« Reply #1 on: Tuesday, January 22, 2013, 09:32:57 PM »
So, um...Having not really played either series (well, I put a few hours into Professor Layton), which one is the better series of games? Need some DS action.

This is totally unrelated to the crossover game.

Offline idolminds

• ZOMG!
  • Administrator
  • Forum god
« Reply #2 on: Tuesday, January 22, 2013, 09:49:27 PM »
My vote would to towards Ace Attorney. You get to solve crimes and call out peoples lies in court!

Offline gpw11

• Gold Member
« Reply #3 on: Tuesday, January 22, 2013, 10:04:38 PM »
Hmmmm.  Layton is good as well, right?

Offline Quemaqua

• 古い塩
  • Administrator
  • Forum god
  • パンダは触るな。
    • Bookruptcy
« Reply #4 on: Tuesday, January 22, 2013, 10:17:00 PM »
Not really comparable. Both great. Layton is it's own gig, but completely up my alley. The other is funnier and more zany. Also, awesome music.

天才的な閃きと平均以下のテクニックやな。 課長有野

Offline idolminds

• ZOMG!
  • Administrator
  • Forum god
« Reply #5 on: Wednesday, January 23, 2013, 12:29:28 AM »
Layton is good. Great production values, but its a lot of puzzle puzzles like those puzzle books you buy. If thats what you're looking for then awesome. Come to think of it, its much like Puzzle Agent if you've played that.

Ace is more like a visual novel game like 999, except its a court drama. You have to find evidence and clues and listen to testimony, and then you can catch people in lies and present evidence to prove it. Its cool, and each game has several cases to play.

Offline gpw11

• Gold Member
Re: Re: Professor Layton vs Ace Attorney
« Reply #6 on: Wednesday, January 23, 2013, 01:47:07 AM »
I gave both a quick go.  Well, I gave Ace a go and returned to my game of the first Layton. 

Ace seemed pretty fun.  Like 999 but without all the weird and maybe more critical thinking and less pixel hunting.

Layton....well, I kinda remembered why I stopped playing.  I think I was pretty close to being done the first game, but found te pacing a little weird, if that makes sense. Some of the puzzles got a bit too tedious, especially in the way that they were just fired at you....combined with my inability to just walk away without solving one.   Like I enjoy the process, but a lot of them just kind of seemed pointless or not rewarding in the grand scheme of things.  I'll probably try one of the later ones to see I'd just a change of scenery helps because I love the concept.