Author Topic: Earthquakes!  (Read 2710 times)

Offline Xessive

• Gold Member
    • XSV @ deviantART
Earthquakes!
« on: Tuesday, April 16, 2013, 05:59:34 AM »
Not sure if I should have put this in the serious thread. Anyway. There have been some pretty major earthquakes in the region, and here in the UAE we're feeling the ripples. Most people here have never experienced a quake before. We had to evacuate the building today, even though what we felt was something like a 2 to 4 on the Richter scale.

The worst are across Iran, ranging from 7 - 8.8 on the Richter scale. I'm worried Pakistan might be getting a good chunk of them too, so Pug, keep us posted on your well-being!

Offline idolminds

• ZOMG!
  • Administrator
  • Forum god
Re: Earthquakes!
« Reply #1 on: Tuesday, April 16, 2013, 06:09:59 AM »
wow, crazy! Glad you're ok. Hope you're doing ok, Pug!

Offline Cools!

• Administrator
  • Veteran
  • Let's burn.
« Reply #2 on: Tuesday, April 16, 2013, 12:27:25 PM »
Shake it up!

Offline Quemaqua

• 古い塩
  • Administrator
  • Forum god
  • パンダは触るな。
    • Bookruptcy
« Reply #3 on: Tuesday, April 16, 2013, 01:09:22 PM »
4 or so is pretty mild. 7 and beyond are pretty fucking bad. Even 6 can be terrible.

I've been through my share, coming from California. Goddamn Earth and its plate tectonics. I actually basically avoided the World Series quake in '89 just by going for a walk with my Dad. We were talking to a neighbor and I noticed his porch plants swinging, but none of us noticed anything. At home, Mom said some our stuff had shifted around. Thankfully that was about it.

Good luck, guys! Quakes suck.

天才的な閃きと平均以下のテクニックやな。 課長有野

Offline Pugnate

• What? You no like?
  • Global Moderator
  • Forum god
    • OW
« Reply #4 on: Tuesday, April 16, 2013, 11:42:42 PM »
hahahahah so I was at my shipping agent's downtown office building... The buildings here are really old and we were on the top floor. Suddenly everyone is like OMG EARTHQUAKE! Everyone was panicking...

And I was tired because I had climbed up 5 stories because the elevator was out of order... so I was like come on guys... it will go away... don't run down... don't... stop... please... just book my packages and then go...

I actually couldn't feel the earthquake much even though people were saying it was big.

Regardless when we went down the streets were crowded. I think everyone had left the buildings.

Offline TheOtherBelmont

• Post-aholic
« Reply #5 on: Tuesday, April 16, 2013, 11:56:57 PM »
Glad to hear you're ok Pug.

Offline Xessive

• Gold Member
    • XSV @ deviantART
« Reply #6 on: Wednesday, April 17, 2013, 02:11:16 AM »
Hahaha thank God you're alright, bro!

We had people crowding the streets here too! People were really afraid because, as I mentioned, we don't normally experience quakes here at all.

Funnily enough, we've already got a few doomsayers preaching about the end of the world etc. Which to me just sounds like "the sky is falling, the sky is falling..."