Author Topic: Icons  (Read 2137 times)

Offline Pugnate

• What? You no like?
  • Global Moderator
  • Forum god
    • OW
Icons
« on: Thursday, December 07, 2006, 12:16:38 PM »
So I was browsing DevArt for some icons. G.A.N.T. and Noia are easily my favorites and I've been using various iterations of those over the past few years. If you have time check out Noia icons on Devart. Well actually here is a link for one of my favorite Noia icon packs: linky

But that's not why I am making this thread. I came across this Firefox icon pack and laughed... linky

Offline Xessive

• Gold Member
    • XSV @ deviantART
Re: Icons
« Reply #1 on: Thursday, December 07, 2006, 12:32:23 PM »
Haha nice :P

I used the Noia skin for Firefox for a while, it's pretty good! But now it feels too toony for me.. I've reverted to my inner minimalist.

Offline PyroMenace

« Reply #2 on: Thursday, December 07, 2006, 01:05:28 PM »
I usually dont mess with the windows icons nowadays, I found it usually messes things up with file associations with odd file types and the wrong icons get switched around.

Offline Pugnate

• What? You no like?
  • Global Moderator
  • Forum god
    • OW
« Reply #3 on: Thursday, December 07, 2006, 03:02:59 PM »
Xessive I know what you mean about it being too toony. Hey pass me some links on the minimal sleek looking stuff. I am too lazy to share mine haha.

Pyro I've never ever had a problem and I've customized my windows to the point where it is unrecognizable -- as Xessive would say -- and it has always run without a glitch.

I recommend you try a program called Microangelo. You can find a torrent and try it out. Messing with icons using that is extremely simple.

Offline Xessive

• Gold Member
    • XSV @ deviantART
« Reply #4 on: Thursday, December 07, 2006, 06:21:21 PM »

Offline Pugnate

• What? You no like?
  • Global Moderator
  • Forum god
    • OW
« Reply #5 on: Thursday, December 07, 2006, 11:31:44 PM »
Yea I've been following some of Rade8's work for a while. Wasn't he MIA? I heard someone ripped off his work. But those are pretty awesome, thanks man! They are still a bit toony though. :P

edit:

Well I love the icons by gakuseisean, RimshotDesign, and weboso especially. Thanks dudey.

edit 2:

Remember the days when we used to get stuff off of websites like:

http://www.themexp.org/

http://www.wincustomize.com/Index.aspx

I remember it was themexp that had just gained instant popularity and was jam packed. Wincustomize were bastards though. After about 50 downloads they would ask for a mandatory 'donation' despite all the content on their site being free.