Author Topic: The Crew -> racer from UbiSoft Reflections & Ivory Towers (ex-TDU2 dev's)  (Read 2540 times)

Offline idolminds

• ZOMG!
  • Administrator
  • Forum god
Re: The Crew - new racer coming from UbiSoft Reflections (Driver studio)
« Reply #1 on: Wednesday, May 29, 2013, 07:47:04 PM »
Competing with Forza and Gran Turismo? Blah. Just remake the original Driver. You know, the good one?

Offline MysterD

• Forum god
  • OWNet 4 Eternity & Beyond
Re: The Crew - new racer coming from UbiSoft Reflections (Driver studio)
« Reply #2 on: Monday, June 10, 2013, 04:22:17 PM »
Competing with Forza and Gran Turismo? Blah. Just remake the original Driver. You know, the good one?
WAY more than that.
This is being developed by a bunch of of ex-TDU2 dev's.

This looks like TDU2 gone across the entire USA and into online/MMO territory:
http://www.gametrailers.com/side-mission/54248/the-crew-is-a-next-gen-driving-game-from-ubisoft?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

Offline MysterD

• Forum god

Offline Cobra951

• Gold Member
Re: The Crew -> racer from UbiSoft Reflections & Ivory Towers (ex-TDU2 dev's)
« Reply #4 on: Saturday, December 06, 2014, 09:04:40 AM »
Hmm.  The visual problems are going to cost them, particularly after the Forza Horizon 2 graphical tour-de-force.  I'm intrigued by the super-TDU ambitions in the game.  I loved the first TDU.  (Not so the second.)  I hope they iron out the kinks enough for it to become more palatable.

Offline MysterD

• Forum god
Re: The Crew -> racer from UbiSoft Reflections & Ivory Towers (ex-TDU2 dev's)
« Reply #5 on: Sunday, December 07, 2014, 07:25:42 AM »
Hmm.  The visual problems are going to cost them, particularly after the Forza Horizon 2 graphical tour-de-force.  I'm intrigued by the super-TDU ambitions in the game.  I loved the first TDU.  (Not so the second.)  I hope they iron out the kinks enough for it to become more palatable.
Unfortunately, never played TDU1.

I do have TDU2 PC - and made sure I waited on buying it b/c it had tons of issues right out the game. TDU2 PC version is in a much better state, these days + age - and been overhauled + patched-up quite a bit.
Can't speak on console versions on TDU2, though.