Author Topic: Hard Reset - Update: HR Redux's Loyalty Program on Steam or GOG for $3  (Read 4583 times)

Offline idolminds

• ZOMG!
  • Administrator
  • Forum god
Re: Hard Reset - upcoming cyberpunk FPS from ex-Painkiller and ex-Witcher 2 makers
« Reply #1 on: Wednesday, July 13, 2011, 04:27:22 PM »
Looks good to me.

Offline beo

• Veteran
Re: Hard Reset - upcoming cyberpunk FPS from ex-Painkiller and ex-Witcher 2 makers
« Reply #2 on: Friday, July 15, 2011, 08:33:01 AM »
ooooooooooh.

Offline W7RE

• Post-aholic

Offline idolminds

• ZOMG!
  • Administrator
  • Forum god
« Reply #4 on: Monday, August 01, 2011, 04:19:45 PM »
It looks fun.

Offline scottws

• Gold Member
    • Facebook Me
« Reply #5 on: Monday, August 01, 2011, 07:52:23 PM »
Wow, pretty spectacular effects.

Offline idolminds

• ZOMG!
  • Administrator
  • Forum god

Offline Xessive

• Gold Member
    • XSV @ deviantART
« Reply #7 on: Tuesday, August 30, 2011, 02:36:52 AM »
Now available for pre-purchase on Steam for $26.99 (after 10% pre-order discount).

Offline idolminds

• ZOMG!
  • Administrator
  • Forum god
« Reply #8 on: Wednesday, September 07, 2011, 10:42:17 AM »
Demo! (which is apparently on Steam as well)

Offline scottws

• Gold Member
    • Facebook Me
« Reply #9 on: Wednesday, September 07, 2011, 12:58:40 PM »
A demo for a single player FPS?  I feel like I haven't seen one of these in years.

Offline MysterD

• Forum god
  • OWNet 4 Eternity & Beyond

Offline MysterD

• Forum god
« Reply #11 on: Sunday, September 11, 2011, 07:58:05 AM »
Just tried the Demo from Steam - and it rocks.
Graphics are gorgeous [1920x1080 on Ultra] on my my PC [i7 950, 8 GB RAM, GF 560 Ti, Win 7] and gameplay feels like it's Painkiller moved to a cyberpunk setting w/ some weapon upgrading elements.
Like the sound of that?
Then you need to try this Demo.

Offline MysterD

• Forum god
« Reply #12 on: Monday, September 12, 2011, 03:16:00 PM »
Destructoid -> 8 [of 10].

Another issue is that Hard Reset is a particularly short affair. It can be cleared in around four hours, with an ending that doesn't feel like an ending at all. In fact, the game's conclusion feels more akin to just getting rudely thrown out of the game without any sense of closure. It's a shame that such a consistently engrossing game is so jarringly cut short.

That said, for thirty bucks it's not much worse than your average retail product, and the sheer fun of the combat ought to encourage a second play. Simply for what it provides, Hard Reset deserves one's attention and only those who are thoroughly obsessed with game length and their mutated idea of "replay value" should feel completely repulsed by the notion of a short campaign.

Offline idolminds

• ZOMG!
  • Administrator
  • Forum god
« Reply #13 on: Sunday, September 25, 2011, 11:26:42 PM »
I finally played the demo and enjoyed it. Its pretty and things explode. The main complaint I have is the player is a little slow moving compared to everything else. So a big dude charges you it's hard to step out of the way. Its really kind of important since they are going for that old-school "speed is strength" gameplay.

I went to see if it was available yet and it is, but it looks like the only place to buy it is Steam. Which is weird because they bothered making a standalone demo. Maybe so they can get it on magazine cover discs? I dunno.

Offline MysterD

• Forum god
« Reply #14 on: Wednesday, July 11, 2012, 03:38:42 PM »
Hard Reset: Exile DLC released for FREE via Steam.

Product Release - Valve 18:17
Hard Reset: Exile is Now Available on Steam!

Hard Reset: Exile continues the original story.
Follow Major Fletcher into the Barrens - dangerous lands beyond the last human city of Bezoar, where our hero will meet new foes and make new friends. Get ready for more machine madness!

Hard Reset: Exile features:

- Five new levels outside Bezoar
- Four new enemy types
- New boss fight
- Two new survival maps
- Additional achievements

Hard Reset: Exile is Free to all owners of Hard Reset.
« Last Edit: Wednesday, July 11, 2012, 04:08:41 PM by MysterD »

Offline MysterD

• Forum god

Offline MysterD

• Forum god
Re: Hard Reset -- Update: Exile DLC is FREE and released; FREE PDF Artbook released
« Reply #16 on: Saturday, May 28, 2016, 06:06:12 AM »
Steam Store - Loyalty Discount introduced for Hard Reset: Redux Edition on Steam.

- Anyone who owns ANY version of Hard Reset on Steam, you're eligible for this Loyalty Discount on Hard Reset: Redux.
- Anyone who owns Shadow Warrior (2013) on Steam, you're also eligible for this Loyalty Discount on Hard Reset: Redux.
- Loyalty Discount will get a 85% off discount on Hard Reset Redux through Steam, making the Redux Edition cost $3 USD currently.
- This is a LIFETIME Of The Game type of Loyalty Discount (not a Limited Time Discount), as this Loyalty deal will go on as long as they're selling this Redux version!
- 85% off Loyalty discount is NOT stackable with any other sale prices/discounts. If it's on sale for 20% off (for anyone) & you quality for 85% off Loyalty, you only get the 85% off discount.

Here's a list of changes for Hard Reset: Redux Edition:
New Features

Brand New Cyber-Katana Weapon:
A powerful new weapon which provides an effective close range combat option

Brand New Enemy Type: Various variants of a threatening new Cyborg Zombie now lie in wait for unsuspecting players

New Quick Dash Move: Provides players with a new movement option in battle to help avoid incoming attacks and enemies

Enhanced Visuals: The game has been updated to the newest version of the RoadHog engine and includes improved lightning and effects

Improved Performance: Enjoy faster Load times, a new Quicksave feature and full joypad support

Rebalanced Gameplay: The game now includes improved difficulty levels and better pacing

Different Enemy Placement: Enemies are introduced differently throughout the game, and provide a new challenge for even the most seasoned Hard Reset veteran
« Last Edit: Saturday, May 28, 2016, 06:33:32 AM by MysterD »

Offline idolminds

• ZOMG!
  • Administrator
  • Forum god
Re: Hard Reset - Update: HR Redux is $3 for Hard Reset or SW 2013 owners on Steam
« Reply #17 on: Saturday, May 28, 2016, 02:31:13 PM »
Huh, well thats cool. I think I have Hard Reset on Steam.

Offline MysterD

• Forum god
Re: Hard Reset - Update: HR Redux is $3 for Hard Reset or SW 2013 owners on Steam
« Reply #18 on: Saturday, May 28, 2016, 05:29:19 PM »
Huh, well thats cool. I think I have Hard Reset on Steam.

Usually, I'm not really big on these Re-Release/Remastered Editions.

But, if they are going to severely discount them Remasters for game-owners with a Loyalty Program - and better yet, let the Loyalty Program last forever like FHW is doing here with HR Redux just so I don't feel obligated to buy the damn thing ASAP b/c the Loyalty Program's only for a limited time deal and worry that there's a possibility of reviews and opinions from critics + gamers might not be so hot b/c the re-release/re-master wasn't done justice - hey, I'm all for that. I can just buy it, when I feel like it - especially if people respond well to the remaster; then it's a no-brainer.

I'm sure it costs some good money to update the game's engine or move it to a better game-engine, test it, add new features, and whatnot - especially if this is being done a few good years later and all. And if it's going to fund a company and keep them going for them to update it like such, so be it.

Offline idolminds

• ZOMG!
  • Administrator
  • Forum god
« Reply #19 on: Monday, May 30, 2016, 11:14:45 AM »
Good news for me, GOG has the game as well as the discount for people that own Shadow Warrior (2013) on GOG. Which I do! For $3 I can get the fancy new version of Hard Rest on GOG which is where Id rather have the game anyway. Hooray!

Offline MysterD

• Forum god
« Reply #20 on: Monday, May 30, 2016, 03:10:13 PM »
@Idol
AWESOME sauce! :) That works out, too.

I don't own SW 2013 on GOG, so it looks like at some point I'll just have to get it on Steam.
Since there is a Loyalty program on GOG, I'll point that out in the thread title + link in opening post. Thanks for pointing it out, Idol! :)