Author Topic: Playin some Smash Bros. Brawl  (Read 1903 times)

Offline PyroMenace

Playin some Smash Bros. Brawl
« on: Wednesday, June 17, 2009, 03:13:19 PM »
I borrowed this for the Wii from a friend, and my buddy came over from Nashville and we've been putting a lot of time into it. Been enjoying the hell out of it, first thing we did was unlock Ganondorf since he's my character from Melee. They've definitely toned him down a good bit, which is probably for the best because he was powerful as hell, hes much more slower and his moves dont have as much range. Recently I just checked out Wario and while Im not doing too bad with him, hes really fun to play, got a lot of goofy moves and theres just a lot of spontaneity to him that can make him dangerous to play against. I really need to buy this game now.

Offline angrykeebler

• Veteran
Re: Playin some Smash Bros. Brawl
« Reply #1 on: Wednesday, June 17, 2009, 03:17:52 PM »
Que loves this game so much
Suck it, Pugnate.

Offline Quemaqua

• 古い塩
  • Administrator
  • Forum god
  • パンダは触るな。
    • Bookruptcy
« Reply #2 on: Wednesday, June 17, 2009, 05:55:08 PM »
Actually, I do like it a lot.  This is the one that turned things around for me.  I actually own a copy now and spent some time in single player figuring out how shit works, and now I enjoy the game quite a bit.

天才的な閃きと平均以下のテクニックやな。 課長有野

Offline angrykeebler

• Veteran
« Reply #3 on: Wednesday, June 17, 2009, 06:30:12 PM »
Who are you and what have you done with Que
Suck it, Pugnate.

Offline scottws

• Gold Member
    • Facebook Me
« Reply #4 on: Wednesday, June 17, 2009, 06:41:03 PM »
I didn't pick this one up.  I was highly disappointed in Melee; I found the original to be vastly superior.  I hated the large environments.  They gave the game more strategy, but they also took a lot of the hectic fun out of it.  Anyway I'm a bit sour on the series now.

Offline Ghandi

• HAMS
« Reply #5 on: Wednesday, June 17, 2009, 10:33:01 PM »
Yeah, Melee wasn't nearly as good as the original. Too frantic and too much going on. I played the hell out of the original, though, and loved it.

Can you play this one online?

Offline PyroMenace

« Reply #6 on: Thursday, June 18, 2009, 04:06:03 AM »
Yea, you guys seriously missed out. The original was good, but had major problems with character balance, basically if you knew how to play Kirby then there was no point in playing the game because he would edge guard kill everything, actually edge guarding in general ruined the game. Melee made things much more focused, a lot of down time was taken away from air juggles so you can get back in the action much more quicker and moves and throws were much more responsive. There was still some balancing issues in Melee, and while Brawl feels almost exactly like Melee there was some changes to balance and things were refined a little more. I do like going back to the original because it felt so open and simple compared to the sequels, but its flaws tend to show its rear end when playing against advanced opponents.

Offline Quemaqua

• 古い塩
  • Administrator
  • Forum god
  • パンダは触るな。
    • Bookruptcy
« Reply #7 on: Thursday, June 18, 2009, 06:02:03 AM »
Listen to Pyro, because he's better than you at this game.  I guarantee it.  He's evil on wheels.

天才的な閃きと平均以下のテクニックやな。 課長有野

Offline K-man

• Post-aholic
  • HOW'S IT FEEEEEL IDOL
« Reply #8 on: Thursday, June 18, 2009, 07:04:50 AM »
They had me at "Solid Snake as a playable character"