Author Topic: Sequels Voodoo Extreme Would Like To See...  (Read 4207 times)

Offline MysterD

• Forum god
  • OWNet 4 Eternity & Beyond

Offline idolminds

• ZOMG!
  • Administrator
  • Forum god
Re: Sequels Voodoo Extreme Would Like To See...
« Reply #1 on: Wednesday, January 17, 2007, 06:30:56 PM »
Interstate 76 should have a remake. 70s cars with sweet graphics driving around shooting at each other would just be great.

Offline MysterD

• Forum god
« Reply #2 on: Wednesday, January 17, 2007, 07:06:52 PM »
I know Que was fond of Anachronox.

Hey Que -- would you like to see an Anachronox 2?

Offline Quemaqua

• 古い塩
  • Administrator
  • Forum god
  • パンダは触るな。
    • Bookruptcy
« Reply #3 on: Wednesday, January 17, 2007, 09:28:50 PM »
I'd like to see a remake of Anachronox 1 that would run well enough for me to actually fucking play.  I love the game to death, but I have never yet been able to beat it due to the bugs, even after the unofficial patches Chinaman worked so hard on even after the team got canned.  But yes, I'd love a sequel anyway.  It was a great game that deserved a franchise, and Tom Hall deserves so much more than he's ever gotten.  I'd also love to see Blood 3 and Descent 4.  I'd think that I'd want a Diablo 3 and Torment 2, but for some reason I really don't.  Diablo 3 is sort of covered by Hellgate: London now (well, maybe -- I'm not as sure now as I once was), and if I want more Planescape: Torment all I really need to do is go play it again.

天才的な閃きと平均以下のテクニックやな。 課長有野

Offline PyroMenace

« Reply #4 on: Wednesday, January 17, 2007, 11:31:40 PM »
A Tie Fighter sequel would be nice. Hell just another solid space combat sim would be nice. Id probably want to see Freespace 3 more. Space shooters that are made now as sparse as they are have to involve some sort of RPG element of some sort which I dont care for. I just want to dogfight with really sweet graphics. How about a Warhammer 40k space combat game.. oh baby, that would hit the spot.

Offline Pugnate

• What? You no like?
  • Global Moderator
  • Forum god
    • OW
« Reply #5 on: Thursday, January 18, 2007, 12:42:12 AM »
I don't think PS:T needs a sequel. I think it needs a remake in a new engine. Diablo III we will see after StarCraft 2. It is just a cycle.

Offline MysterD

• Forum god
« Reply #6 on: Thursday, January 18, 2007, 03:50:42 PM »
I bet Que would love to see Egosoft make a new sequel to their X series, w/ an X4

Offline Quemaqua

• 古い塩
  • Administrator
  • Forum god
  • パンダは触るな。
    • Bookruptcy
« Reply #7 on: Thursday, January 18, 2007, 06:42:37 PM »
Not really.  X2 was more than enough for me.  I never got anywhere near finishing half its content, and I haven't even played X3.  I just don't have time for them anymore.  It's a great franchise, though, so I guess I hope to see sequels simply because I hope there are people out there who still get to enjoy them.  But I doubt I'll be one of them.

Offline MysterD

• Forum god
« Reply #8 on: Friday, January 19, 2007, 07:55:38 PM »
I don't think PS:T needs a sequel. I think it needs a remake in a new engine.
I could go for a 3D remake of PS:T.

If there was a PS:T sequel, I would hope it would be w/ the player NOT as Nameless One; Nameless doesn't need to be the main character, again.

I would love to see another game in Sigil, though.....

Offline MysterD

• Forum god
« Reply #9 on: Friday, January 19, 2007, 07:58:18 PM »
I'd like to see a remake of Anachronox 1 that would run well enough for me to actually fucking play.  I love the game to death, but I have never yet been able to beat it due to the bugs, even after the unofficial patches Chinaman worked so hard on even after the team got canned.  But yes, I'd love a sequel anyway.
I know it's quite linear, but were there side quests here and there in Anachoronox?

Even some of the most linear RPG's have a handful of side quest, often....

I I'd also love to see Blood 3 and Descent 4.  I'd think that I'd want a Diablo 3 and Torment 2, but for some reason I really don't.
Picture this....

Blood 3, build right on the FEAR engine. Nothing would be sweeter than stabbing a voodoo doll in Blood 3 w/ sweet graphics from the FEAR engine. :P

Offline Quemaqua

• 古い塩
  • Administrator
  • Forum god
  • パンダは触るな。
    • Bookruptcy
« Reply #10 on: Friday, January 19, 2007, 08:04:21 PM »
The game is plenty big, it doesn't matter in the least bit.  Aside from that, Anachronox was far less an RPG (despite having many elements of one) and far more an adventure game.  The focus was less on combat, etc., and much more on the humor, story, and characters.  I think I'd rather have enjoyed it even more if the RPG elements hadn't been there at all (though I appreciate that they added something to it and also helped develop the way the cities moved and worked, so for that I am very thankful).  It was just an excellently written and fun experience, and if you ever played it I should think that "questing" would be the least of your concerns.  There's stuff to do, and things to divert yourself with, but given how the whole game really feels like diversion (in a good way), I'm unlike to think that any of these sorts of things would occur to you during gameplay.

Offline MysterD

• Forum god
« Reply #11 on: Friday, January 19, 2007, 08:07:14 PM »
The game is plenty big, it doesn't matter in the least bit.  Aside from that, Anachronox was far less an RPG (despite having many elements of one) and far more an adventure game.  The focus was less on combat, etc., and much more on the humor, story, and characters.
Really?

So, it's not really a Final Fantasy style RPG???

I think I'd rather have enjoyed it even more if the RPG elements hadn't been there at all.  Even if it was merely something to watch.  It was just an excellently written and fun experience, and if you ever played it I should think that "questing" would be the least of your concerns. 
So basically, you're saying the RPG elements are basically "tacted on?"

There's stuff to do, and things to divert yourself with, but given how the whole game really feels like diversion (in a good way), I'm unlike to think that any of these sorts of things would occur to you during gameplay.
Okay....so, the gameworld itself is huge...?

Offline Pugnate

• What? You no like?
  • Global Moderator
  • Forum god
    • OW
« Reply #12 on: Friday, January 19, 2007, 11:36:05 PM »
Where the heck is Xessive? I think he used to get an orgasm every time there was a mention of Anachronox. He loved that game to death and then some.

Then I got Toxy into it haha.

Offline Quemaqua

• 古い塩
  • Administrator
  • Forum god
  • パンダは触るな。
    • Bookruptcy
« Reply #13 on: Saturday, January 20, 2007, 12:59:26 AM »
Yes, it is a Final Fantasy style RPG.  No, the RPG elements don't feel tacked on.  It's just that the game's focus seems less bent on shoving the RPG stuff and combat down your throat, and more bent on making you laugh, showing off the fun world, and letting you run around doing stuff.

Offline idolminds

• ZOMG!
  • Administrator
  • Forum god
« Reply #14 on: Saturday, January 20, 2007, 01:05:59 AM »
You know what sequel I want? Garage Games to make Tribes 4 on Torque Shader Engine. That would make me so happy it would hurt.

Offline MysterD

• Forum god
« Reply #15 on: Saturday, January 20, 2007, 07:35:54 AM »
You know what sequel I want? Garage Games to make Tribes 4 on Torque Shader Engine. That would make me so happy it would hurt.

If only they could pull that Tribes IP back from --- hey, who got the license and got it rotting away? Was it Sierra? Or was it Ubi???

Isn't Garage Games working on a "spiritual successor" anyways??? What's the name of that successor???

Offline idolminds

• ZOMG!
  • Administrator
  • Forum god
« Reply #16 on: Saturday, January 20, 2007, 10:07:24 AM »
Legions. Fingers crossed on that one.

Offline MysterD

• Forum god
« Reply #17 on: Saturday, January 20, 2007, 11:33:32 AM »
Legions. Fingers crossed on that one.

Let's hope it's great!

Offline MysterD

• Forum god
« Reply #18 on: Sunday, February 11, 2007, 06:37:48 PM »
I know Que would love this game sequel.....
I know exactly what the FPS world needs....

PAINKILLER 2!!!!