Author Topic: The Dark Goodbye  (Read 1579 times)

Offline Quemaqua

• 古い塩
  • Administrator
  • Forum god
  • パンダは触るな。
    • Bookruptcy
The Dark Goodbye
« on: Wednesday, April 11, 2007, 11:53:24 PM »
IGN has a preview of the comic and it looks pretty sweet.  A comic artist friend of mine at DA turned me on to it.  Apparently she knows the guy who draws it.  Says it's kind of a film noir crime thing with some Lovecraftian kind of stuff.  That was about all she had to say and I was ready to go throw cash down for it, but the art is pretty nice too.

EDIT - Another nice link.

天才的な閃きと平均以下のテクニックやな。 課長有野

Offline PyroMenace

Re: The Dark Goodbye
« Reply #1 on: Thursday, April 12, 2007, 12:11:40 AM »
Looks pretty cool. Ive been meaning to get back into comics. I havent done it since I was much younger and just got your run of the mill marvel comics. Ive been wanting to check out 300 for obvious reasons and that one comic being turned into a 360 game The Darkness. But this one looks interesting, definitely consider it.

Offline Quemaqua

• 古い塩
  • Administrator
  • Forum god
  • パンダは触るな。
    • Bookruptcy
« Reply #2 on: Thursday, April 12, 2007, 12:43:56 AM »
I was never a comic fan as a kid.  Never got into the Superhero thing really.  But there's just so much out there now, so much of it compelling and adult.  Finally reading Sandman was a huge step for me, but I've discovered there are just amazing things waiting to be found if you look hard enough.

Offline PyroMenace

« Reply #3 on: Thursday, April 12, 2007, 12:50:56 AM »
Yea I phased out of the superhero comic thing. I more or less want a comic with more style and meat to the story. Sandman looks cool, but its got a funky weirdness I dont know I can vibe with, but this was just at glancing your Sandman comics.

Offline Quemaqua

• 古い塩
  • Administrator
  • Forum god
  • パンダは触るな。
    • Bookruptcy
« Reply #4 on: Thursday, April 12, 2007, 01:02:08 AM »
Sandman is a hard one to just judge at a glance.  I avoided it for years because I hated the look of it... but once I finally broke down and bought one I was totally hooked within a few pages.

Offline NatchDan

• I object.
    • NatchDan Music
« Reply #5 on: Thursday, April 12, 2007, 06:14:12 AM »
I was never a comic fan as a kid.  Never got into the Superhero thing really.  But there's just so much out there now, so much of it compelling and adult.  Finally reading Sandman was a huge step for me, but I've discovered there are just amazing things waiting to be found if you look hard enough.

That's exactly what happened to me. I read Spiderman for roughly one story arc (Venom, which does make me excited for III), but other than that the superhero thing never really pulled me in. Years later, the comment "I'm not really fond of comics or graphic novels or whatever" landed the first four books of Sandman in my lap. A month or two later I owned them all.

Recently I'm into Warren Ellis in a big way. Transmetropolitan, of course, but especially NextWave (We'll kick your ****ing ass!) and Fell, which is an interesting and dark take on the lone good cop story.
|