Author Topic: Sitting at work with a beer in my hand...  (Read 1500 times)

Offline Jedi

• Poster Child
Sitting at work with a beer in my hand...
« on: Thursday, March 01, 2007, 09:28:46 PM »
...and I have no plans for tonight (that being Friday night) and I've got 5 things on my mind:
  • I need a larger circle of friends, maybe a subset of people who aren't all couples and shit
  • I need to pick up some beer before I go home
  • I need to pick up some Mango Chicken mix for dinner before I go home
  • Out of the 3 hot chicks at my work 1 is seeing someone, I've taken 1 out to lunch but got no where with all 3 of them
  • .... I need to work on the above stats, that's a pathetic show of effort

sigh... I've noticed that recently when I've had no plans for fridays I get this feeling that I'm missing out on something or maybe an opportunity to meet someone. Though last Friday I did meet someone but I haven't been able to worm my way into a "lets go for coffee/beer" situation. Alternatively Fridays end up with me sleeping with my "f*** buddy" but the last time I did that I knew from the word go it was a bad idea so I think I'm done with that 'special' friendship. (Sorry I know that's very blunt and open of me)

sigh again.... I so need a larger circle of friends to call on for a drink... maybe next week (if I'm in this situation) I'll throw an email out to two people and ask if that chick from last week is keen too... dam it! why didn't I think of that an hour ago?

So does anyone have plans for Friday?

Offline Pugnate

• What? You no like?
  • Global Moderator
  • Forum god
    • OW
Re: Sitting at work with a beer in my hand...
« Reply #1 on: Thursday, March 01, 2007, 09:39:22 PM »
What is Mango Chicken Mix?  :o

But I know how you feel. Being alone and friendless can be depressing. I have friends here but it always seems that it is I making the effort to go out. Anyway I've got some plans for Saturday which starts with a lot of gaming and then underground clubbing. Wheee.

Offline Quemaqua

• 古い塩
  • Administrator
  • Forum god
  • パンダは触るな。
    • Bookruptcy
« Reply #2 on: Thursday, March 01, 2007, 10:28:38 PM »
I have no plans, and I hope to keep it that way.  Unless something exceptionally fun happens to come up.

天才的な閃きと平均以下のテクニックやな。 課長有野

Offline TheOtherBelmont

• Post-aholic
« Reply #3 on: Thursday, March 01, 2007, 10:35:02 PM »
I'm going to look at an apartment tomorrow and maybe play some two player Guitar Hero with a friend, maybe there will be some drinking involved.

Offline Ghandi

• HAMS
« Reply #4 on: Thursday, March 01, 2007, 10:44:52 PM »
I've got a group meeting for a class and before that I have to contact a group and try and set up a guest speaker for a public forum debate that we are holding. Plus I'm sick as hell. Not fun.

Offline Jedi

• Poster Child
« Reply #5 on: Friday, March 02, 2007, 02:14:40 PM »
Well on the upside I'm not hung over and I save a boat load of money  ;D

Offline nickclone

• Veteran
« Reply #6 on: Friday, March 02, 2007, 03:00:15 PM »
If it makes you feel any better, Friday isn't the party night like it used to be. Its now Thursday or Saturday, so you can make up for staying home tonight...like I am.

Offline HxCeddie

« Reply #7 on: Friday, March 02, 2007, 04:06:08 PM »
I just got paid, so me and some buddies are going out to drink around Harvard. Hopefully something stupid happens.

Offline poomcgoo

• Poster Child
« Reply #8 on: Saturday, March 03, 2007, 02:49:45 PM »
Friday was awesome.  I got started a little late, and my friends from home came up to Boston.  These kids are straight rednecks, so drinking with them is awesome.  We got started a little late (10-ish), so to make up for lost time we passed the funnel around, behind it a handle of Jager.  Basically, we just drank until we puked and then went out to some party to drink some more.  Killed the entire handle of Jager between the four of us, and finished the 30 of Bud Light -- mostly through the funnel.  There was a keg and some jungle juice at the party and some gross Indian girl was all over me.  I said a few hurtful things and in a matter of 2 minutes she was out of my hair.  Met some German girl who was an exchange student or something and she had the hottest fucking accent.  I made it my mission to sleep with her but I guess I didn't have my game last night.  We made out pretty heavy for a bit, but that's all.

This kid was roid raging or something at one point, trying to fight everybody.  This kid is the real deal too, so I wasn't prepared to fuck with him.  Other, less fortunate kids, didn't know him and started some shit which grew into nearly everybody at the party telling this riod head he had to leave.  He's got a DVD of himself fighting in a bunch of amateur fighting leagues in the same vein as UFC, and I've seen the kid in street fights before, so once it escalated to him saying "I'm about to kill everybody in this room," I decided it was time to leave.  My hick friends wanted to fight him, and between the four of us we'd definitely have him, but I just wansn't looking forward to a broken rib or a black eye.  I found out later that we got out of there seconds before he grabbed some girl's ass, and then dropped her boyfriend when he asked about it.  Once everybody in the party saw this, all the guys who were still there jumped on him and beat the shit out of him.  I guess he wouldn't have "killed everybody in the room."

Went back to my place at like 6 in the morning and cooked a huge fucking breakfast.  Eggs, sausage, toast, bagels, corned beef hash, and fucking home fries.  I don't usually smoke weed, but I partook last night and we smoked a shitload.  That food tasted better than anything in my entire life.  I haven't drank that much in a long time, and I had a blast so I figured I'd share.

Offline HxCeddie

« Reply #9 on: Sunday, March 04, 2007, 08:44:58 PM »
Poom, you live in Boston?