Author Topic: New sunglasses.  (Read 1643 times)

Offline ScaryTooth

• Veteran
New sunglasses.
« on: Thursday, May 03, 2007, 06:45:21 PM »
Bam!

Picked these up earlier today. People always give me shit about paying for expensive sunglasses. But there is a difference between the shitty $10 pair, and the $140 pair.

I've been wearing a pair of Gatorz that ran me $120 for the past 3 years. It was time for some new ones. I'm loving them.

Offline Antares

• Veteran
Re: New sunglasses.
« Reply #1 on: Thursday, May 03, 2007, 06:46:35 PM »
I can't handle expensive sunglasses, I'm way to hard on them.  Every expenseive pair I've ever owned I managed to break or loose within 6 months.

Offline ScaryTooth

• Veteran
« Reply #2 on: Thursday, May 03, 2007, 06:49:29 PM »
I'm pretty anal about my belongings, so I don't usually lose much.

Offline scottws

• Gold Member
    • Facebook Me
« Reply #3 on: Thursday, May 03, 2007, 06:56:06 PM »
I'm past Oakley now.  Not that yours aren't sweet and I'm glad you're into them.

It's all about Ray-Ban for me at this point.  I picked up these:

They are $130, but I got them for $65 during an associate 50% off sale.

Offline idolminds

• ZOMG!
  • Administrator
  • Forum god
« Reply #4 on: Thursday, May 03, 2007, 07:24:15 PM »
I hate wearing glasses, because I look so badass in sunglasses and I can't wear them.

Offline Quemaqua

• 古い塩
  • Administrator
  • Forum god
  • パンダは触るな。
    • Bookruptcy
« Reply #5 on: Thursday, May 03, 2007, 08:09:40 PM »
I rarely wear them.  If I do, they're cheap as fuck.  I hate expensive glasses.  One of the worst investments you could ever make, IMO, along with really expensive shoes.

天才的な閃きと平均以下のテクニックやな。 課長有野

Offline ScaryTooth

• Veteran
« Reply #6 on: Thursday, May 03, 2007, 08:21:09 PM »
I agree with the shoes. But I'm not so sure about glasses. I've bought cheap ones before and they are usually crap. They fall apart, or they are uncomfortable, they scratch easy, etc. The lenses on these rock, really nice tint to them, and they are extremely comfy.

Offline Quemaqua

• 古い塩
  • Administrator
  • Forum god
  • パンダは触るな。
    • Bookruptcy
« Reply #7 on: Thursday, May 03, 2007, 08:24:17 PM »
Have to disagree.  A couple times in my life I owned expensive glasses, and none of them lasted a quarter as long as the cheap glasses I've had.  I have pairs I got for between five and twenty bucks that I've had for probably 10 years.  Some expensive glasses are nice, I just don't think they're worth the price.  Also, I think most sunglasses look really, really stupid.  Only ones I can deal with are very minimalist.  But I'm not the type to wear them a ton, so it's to be expected that my opinion will differ.

天才的な閃きと平均以下のテクニックやな。 課長有野

Offline angrykeebler

• Veteran
« Reply #8 on: Thursday, May 03, 2007, 08:32:10 PM »
i can't wear sunglasses because i wear glasses. i knew i shouldn't have watch so much tv when i was little!
Suck it, Pugnate.

Offline scottws

• Gold Member
    • Facebook Me
« Reply #9 on: Thursday, May 03, 2007, 08:49:05 PM »
They are called Rx'able suns in the industry.  Prescription sunglasses.  You'd be surprised at what you can put a prescription in.

If you want, I might be able to send my last associate discount voucher for 50% off rx'able suns at any LensCrafters, Pearle Vision, Sears/Target/BJs/Macy's/Kmart Optical.  I can't promise that I'll be able to do that, but I think I can swing it.  Jennie somehow snagged 4 extra ones so they aren't all claimed yet.