Author Topic: Kick ass  (Read 3031 times)

Offline Ghandi

• HAMS
Kick ass
« on: Wednesday, May 02, 2007, 09:10:50 PM »
http://www.libertypost.org/cgi-bin/readart.cgi?ArtNum=185167

Home invasion gone wrong for [illegal] criminals
Source: NRA Files
URL Source: http://email
Published: Apr 25, 2007
Author: nra
Post Date: 2007-04-25 16:16:08 by klickitat
51 Comments

Two illegal aliens, Ralphel Resindez 23 and Enrico Garza 26, probably believed they would easily overpower a home alone 11 year old Patricia Harrington after her father had left their two story home.

It seems the two crooks never learned two things, they were in Montana and Patricia had been a clay shooting champion since she was nine. Patricia was in her upstairs room when the two men broke through the front door of the house. She quickly ran to her father's room and grabbed his 12 gauge Mossberg 500 shotgun.

Resindez was the first to get up to the second floor only to be the first to catch a near point blank blast of buck shot from the 11 year olds knee crouch aim. He suffered fatal wounds to his abdomen and genitals. When Garza ran to the foot of the stairs, he took a blast to the left shoulder and staggered out into the street where he bled to death before medical help could arrive.

It was found out later that Resindez was armed with a stolen 45 caliber handgun he took from another home invasion robbery. The victim, 50 year old David Burien, was not so lucky as he died from stab wounds to the chest.

And all the gun control advocates suddenly leave the building. 11 years old. Damn. Score one for the good guys.

Offline Quemaqua

• 古い塩
  • Administrator
  • Forum god
  • パンダは触るな。
    • Bookruptcy
Re: Kick ass
« Reply #1 on: Wednesday, May 02, 2007, 09:22:25 PM »
Awesome.  Go team!

天才的な閃きと平均以下のテクニックやな。 課長有野

Offline Xessive

• Gold Member
    • XSV @ deviantART
« Reply #2 on: Wednesday, May 02, 2007, 10:57:58 PM »
Wow, that's amazing! Reminds me of life in the farm :P

Offline TheOtherBelmont

• Post-aholic
« Reply #3 on: Thursday, May 03, 2007, 12:19:09 AM »
Holy shit that's nuts.

Offline iPPi

• Roar!
« Reply #4 on: Thursday, May 03, 2007, 01:29:42 AM »
Holy crap, an 11 year old girl was able to use a shotgun?

Offline Xero

• Rookie
« Reply #5 on: Thursday, May 03, 2007, 03:01:40 AM »
I want her on my side when the zombies attack.

Offline Pugnate

• What? You no like?
  • Global Moderator
  • Forum god
    • OW
« Reply #6 on: Thursday, May 03, 2007, 03:41:40 AM »
lol Xero.

Offline Cobra951

• Gold Member
« Reply #7 on: Thursday, May 03, 2007, 12:45:39 PM »
They call guns "equalizers" for a reason.  You still need skills, but not age or size.  Awesome, yes.  For once a truly happy ending to such a story.

Offline angrykeebler

• Veteran
« Reply #8 on: Thursday, May 03, 2007, 12:49:11 PM »
I APPROVE
Suck it, Pugnate.

Offline Pugnate

• What? You no like?
  • Global Moderator
  • Forum god
    • OW
« Reply #9 on: Thursday, May 03, 2007, 01:02:45 PM »
Yea that story is all kinds of awesome. I hope one day we get a story where the hero gives credit to his PC gaming hours heh.

Offline nickclone

• Veteran
« Reply #10 on: Thursday, May 03, 2007, 02:52:57 PM »
Sorry, I'm the only one so far (against youngsters using guns), it shouldn't be ok under any circumstance. When some kid can score head shots while taking out his classmates its videogame's fault, but when it happens during a robbery its ok. You all do realize that a eleven year old girl killed a person right?

I also hate how if something like this takes place in "middle America" its ok, but if this were to happen in an urban town theres a cry about crime.

Offline Pugnate

• What? You no like?
  • Global Moderator
  • Forum god
    • OW
« Reply #11 on: Thursday, May 03, 2007, 02:57:17 PM »
Yes a 12 year old using a gun to kill someone is horrifying, but come on it was self defense! You chose a fine time to be moralistic. :P

it shouldn't be ok under any circumstance

They would have killed her, and perhaps worse. Still not OK?

Offline angrykeebler

• Veteran
« Reply #12 on: Thursday, May 03, 2007, 02:57:46 PM »
never really heard about anything like this happening in my memory.

To answer your question-yes, I realize an 11-year old girl killed TWO people. Its a pity no more criminals were with those two for her to plug holes in. I heartily approve.
Suck it, Pugnate.

Offline NatchDan

• I object.
    • NatchDan Music
« Reply #13 on: Thursday, May 03, 2007, 02:59:23 PM »
She killed two people. You could debate this into the ground. She killed two guys, they'd already killed a guy. She didn't know that, but did she know her life was in danger? I'd say she was right to use self defence, but I wouldn't call her a hero.
|

Offline Ghandi

• HAMS
« Reply #14 on: Thursday, May 03, 2007, 03:02:47 PM »
Sorry, I'm the only one so far (against youngsters using guns), it shouldn't be ok under any circumstance. When some kid can score head shots while taking out his classmates its videogame's fault, but when it happens during a robbery its ok. You all do realize that a eleven year old girl killed a person right?

I also hate how if something like this takes place in "middle America" its ok, but if this were to happen in an urban town theres a cry about crime.

These men were murderers. They were evil criminals and deserved what they got. This is entirely different from walking into a classroom and murdering people. I should hope that you could see the difference between the two.

Also, everything isn't about race. In fact, I didn't even notice where this took place until you mentioned it.

Offline nickclone

• Veteran
« Reply #15 on: Thursday, May 03, 2007, 03:05:41 PM »
I understand that it was self defense, its the double standard of a kid being able to use a good skillfully for "good" is ok, but when it they use one skillfully to kill innocents it's blamed on videogames.

I'll guarantee you that the parents will take credit for teaching her how to be a surgeon with a fucking shotgun, but it she shot the shit out of the fifth grade they would denounce the  fact that they even let her hold a gun.

Offline nickclone

• Veteran
« Reply #16 on: Thursday, May 03, 2007, 03:09:24 PM »
These men were murderers. They were evil criminals and deserved what they got. This is entirely different from walking into a classroom and murdering people. I should hope that you could see the difference between the two.

Also, everything isn't about race. In fact, I didn't even notice where this took place until you mentioned it.

How do you know they were evil criminals? Yes, they did break into a house, but I like how the fact that they were "illegal immigrants" was clearly stated in the beginning of the article.

A black man in my county was tried for using an illegal gun to defend his house against intruders. How is it ok for a child to use a gun, but not for an adult.

Offline angrykeebler

• Veteran
« Reply #17 on: Thursday, May 03, 2007, 03:11:22 PM »
How do you know they were evil criminals? Yes, they did break into a house, but I like how the fact that they were "illegal immigrants" was clearly stated in the beginning of the article.

A black man in my county was tried for using an illegal gun to defend his house against intruders. How is it ok for a child to use a gun, but not for an adult.

I'd say the fact that they stabbed a 50-year old man to death makes them evil criminals.
Suck it, Pugnate.

Offline Pugnate

• What? You no like?
  • Global Moderator
  • Forum god
    • OW
« Reply #18 on: Thursday, May 03, 2007, 03:23:32 PM »
I understand that it was self defense, its the double standard of a kid being able to use a good skillfully for "good" is ok, but when it they use one skillfully to kill innocents it's blamed on videogames.

I'll guarantee you that the parents will take credit for teaching her how to be a surgeon with a fucking shotgun, but it she shot the shit out of the fifth grade they would denounce the  fact that they even let her hold a gun.

I actually don't understand your point, for which I apologize. You are saying that it is unfair to credit her for using a weapon because she chose to do it in the right circumstance? What? I mean, isn't that when you are supposed to credit someone? When they choose to use a skill in the correct circumstance? For example a knife cutting a steak is alright, but stabbing obviously isn't.

The only purpose of having a lethal weapon (such as a gun) in the house is for defense. Wasn't this the right circumstance to use a firearm?

You say it is a double standard, but what I see you saying is,''its the double standard of a kid being able to use a gun skillfully for "good" is ok, but when they use it skillfully to do "bad" it isn't OK."

It is only a double standard if it isn't OK for a twelve year old to use a firearm under any circumstance. I think there are certain extreme circumstances where it is OK, and this is one of them.

Anyway I am going to bed, it is nearly 4:00 am here. It will be interesting to see where this thread ends up when I wake up. I hope the discussion continues to be good natured. :)

Well if they were the exact same circumstances, then it is a double standard, but I doubt it. I'd like to read up on that case, if you could provide a linky.

Offline nickclone

• Veteran
« Reply #19 on: Thursday, May 03, 2007, 03:30:08 PM »
I actually don't understand your point, for which I apologize. You are saying that it is unfair to credit her for using a weapon because she chose to do it in the right circumstance? What? I mean, isn't that when you are supposed to credit someone? When they choose to use a skill in the correct circumstance? For example a knife cutting a steak is alright, but stabbing obviously isn't.

The only purpose of having a lethal weapon (such as a gun) in the house is for defense. Wasn't this the right circumstance to use a firearm?

You say it is a double standard, but what I see you saying is,''its the double standard of a kid being able to use a gun skillfully for "good" is ok, but when they use it skillfully to do "bad" it isn't OK."

It is only a double standard if it isn't OK for a twelve year old to use a firearm under any circumstance. I think there are certain extreme circumstances where it is OK, and this is one of them.

Anyway I am going to bed, it is nearly 4:00 am here. It will be interesting to see where this thread ends up when I wake up. I hope the discussion continues to be good natured. :)

Well if they were the exact same circumstances, then it is a double standard, but I doubt it. I'd like to read up on that case, if you could provide a linky.

My gripe isn't about using the gun to kill, its the fact that an eleven year old is that skilled with a gun, but when she uses it for good she's a skeet shooting champion. If she had used this for evil, it would've been because of whatever movie she happened to watch or whatever game she played. I think this has more to do with geographical location than it does race, this did happen in a red state right?

Offline Cobra951

• Gold Member
« Reply #20 on: Thursday, May 03, 2007, 03:41:12 PM »
"Double standard" is when boys get encouraged to go out and get laid while girls get put down as whores if they do the same thing.  There is no double standard here, it's one standard: protect good people and kill bad people.  Don't shoot students wielding books and rulers; shoot criminals wielding guns and knives.  Simple.  Let's not cloud the facts.

An 11-year-old can easily be mistaken, and shoot innocent people by mistake.  But this 11-year-old, in this case, did not.  She shot the right people at exactly the right time.  Good for her.  Good for everyone who cares about justice.

Offline nickclone

• Veteran
« Reply #21 on: Thursday, May 03, 2007, 03:51:06 PM »
Doesn't anyone else find it odd that this eleven year old girl was left home alone and had easy access to a shotgun? Since it ended well, its all ok, but when it ends badly people blame everyone else. I guess my argument is lost on this subject.

Offline idolminds

• ZOMG!
  • Administrator
  • Forum god
« Reply #22 on: Thursday, May 03, 2007, 04:00:23 PM »
Not really. She is an accomplished shooter already, why would the parents be worried about her using a shotgun? They probably even told her where it was and if she was in trouble to go grab it.

If your kids are properly raised and trained with guns around, then its not such a big deal if they can get to them. My family (grandparents, aunts/uncles, cousins, etc) is a hunting family. Most of us have been around firearms since we were younger than this girl. Most houses have a gun case that most of the time isn't locked unless very young kids are around (or other peoples kids). We haven't had any accidents. Mostly because guns arent this forbidden magic item. Its a gun, big deal, we know not to play with it. Its these kids that have never seen one before that do stupid shit and hurt themselves.

Offline Ghandi

• HAMS
« Reply #23 on: Thursday, May 03, 2007, 04:03:26 PM »
Doesn't anyone else find it odd that this eleven year old girl was left home alone and had easy access to a shotgun? Since it ended well, its all ok, but when it ends badly people blame everyone else. I guess my argument is lost on this subject.

But it didn't end badly. I don't understand your argument, you seem to be lumping everything into one category. I agree that most kids shouldn't have access to a shotgun in the house. This girl, however, was apparently a marksman and very skilled with a gun. Obviously her parents were comfortable enough with her to let her have access to the gun. As it turns out, they were right. As keebs stated, they were violent criminals because they killed someone. Race has nothing to do with this. Please link a similar situation where race was an issue and you will have an argument. If not, please stop saying this is a racial issue. It seems as though you are the only one playing the race card here.

Edit: Idol kinda beat me to it.

Offline nickclone

• Veteran
« Reply #24 on: Thursday, May 03, 2007, 04:33:41 PM »
This is going to be my last post in this thread, not because I'm angry, alienated or anything, but because I don't think I can get my point across and I feel like I'm going in circles. I just don't see how its ok to have an eleven year old trained to used a shotgun, left alone with easy access to it. Yes, it only ended up with her killing people trying to break in the house, but if it had ended differently the blame would be on the parents instead of the media praising them.

Offline Quemaqua

• 古い塩
  • Administrator
  • Forum god
  • パンダは触るな。
    • Bookruptcy
« Reply #25 on: Thursday, May 03, 2007, 06:34:33 PM »
But that's just because the earth is full of people who have nothing to do but lay blame on people for everything.  They're afraid of life in general, so if something happens that makes them uneasy, even if it's a very limited sort of thing, they want to find something they can convince themselves caused it, then destroy it.  That's just a facet of the idiots in the world, especially the media, and has nothing to do with anything else.  You're right, had it ended badly the parents would be lynched and the world would start pointing the finger saying, "See, this is why guns are bad!"  That doesn't change anything about what happened.  The girl could use a gun, she defended herself with one against bad people that may well have killed her.  Gets a standing ovation from me.

天才的な閃きと平均以下のテクニックやな。 課長有野

Offline Cobra951

• Gold Member
« Reply #26 on: Friday, May 04, 2007, 01:08:02 PM »
The difference between a hero and a criminal in a split-second event could very well come down to blind luck.  That doesn't change who's which already.