Author Topic: Just Checking In  (Read 1730 times)

Offline Antares

• Veteran
Just Checking In
« on: Sunday, July 01, 2007, 07:01:23 PM »
Hey everyone, I've been able to tap into a wireless network for a few minutes at my new place (living in Grandma's basement...ugh) The connection speed is terrible, but it seems to be working at least marginally well.

Things seem a little slow here, but I suppose that is to be expected during the summer, I know I'm much more busy.  I'm all moved into the new place, and as settled as I suppose I will get.  I still haven't heard anything from the Border Patrol, but hopefully soon.  I honestly just want to find out either way at this point so I can get on with my life.

I noticed we've  got episode 2 of the podcast up and running, I was going to download it but this connection is way too slow.  Unfortunately for that reason I won't be able to do any work on the frontpage until I get a reliable internet connection.  I'm thinking of getting a mobile broadband card.

Edit: Oh, and in case anyone happens to be keeping score.  I recently have been growing my hair out a little and shaved my beard.  No joke, in the last 3 weeks I have been told by 6 different people that they think I look like Elijah Wood.  I don't see the resemblance, but whatever.

Offline Quemaqua

• 古い塩
  • Administrator
  • Forum god
  • パンダは触るな。
    • Bookruptcy
Re: Just Checking In
« Reply #1 on: Sunday, July 01, 2007, 07:11:34 PM »
Nice to hear from you, mate.  It's slow probably because of summer, but right now because it's a weekend.  Nobody ever posts here on the weekends.

Yes, episode 2 o' the podcast is up, and hopefully it's 200% better than the first one.  I look forward to your opinion.  I've been working on some sort of general brainstormy stuff for the site again, will hopefully post that up in a few days.  Nothing major.  When do you think you'll be back into a better net connection?  Just mainly waiting on the job thing?

Anyway, hope you get settled soon and stuff.  Glad the new laptop is working out for you.  Hopefully Vista doesn't come alive and eat you in your sleep.

天才的な閃きと平均以下のテクニックやな。 課長有野

Offline WindAndConfusion

• Veteran
Re: Just Checking In
« Reply #2 on: Sunday, July 01, 2007, 10:07:18 PM »
Poor Antares.

HUGZ AND KISSEZ!!!