Author Topic: Scared shitless  (Read 1783 times)

Offline PyroMenace

Scared shitless
« on: Friday, August 10, 2007, 10:35:36 PM »
I hate spiders and big bugs. Now I don't totally freak out when I see one, I just kill it and hope that there aren't any more of them in my apartment. Pill bugs are becoming a problem, but those aren't so bad. The ones I fucking hate seeing are the cave crickets. They basically look like big ass brown crickets, every once in a while they pop up. The problem is my apartment is on the lower corner of the building, and at the end of the building theres a bunch of the AC units and gutters and so theres lots of shade and lots of moisture, 2 things that both the pill bug and cave crickets like to nestle in. One actually took home in one of my shoes, so I put them on without knowing, I kinda felt there was something in my shoe but thought nothing of it. When I got to work I took my shoe off and looked in to find nothing. However I looked at the bottom of my sock to find cave cricket guts, yuck, but at least its dead. Now just a minute ago I got in from work, I sit and get relaxed turn on my computer, then reach for my speakers to turn them on and HOLY SHIT theres one right there next to the speaker. I killed the little shit, but hot damn did my heart start racing. Fucking bugs, but I know without them we'd could barely survive, but would you fuckers find your own home!

Offline Quemaqua

• 古い塩
  • Administrator
  • Forum god
  • パンダは触るな。
    • Bookruptcy
Re: Scared shitless
« Reply #1 on: Saturday, August 11, 2007, 07:35:12 AM »
haha, that's funny.  I share your annoyance on certain levels because we have some problems.  I hate moths with passion, for instance.  Those little ones, not the bigger ones.  The little buggers drive me insane.  I actually like moths otherwise.  On the same note, I've always liked crickets.  Couldn't tell you exactly why, but I liked them ever since I was a kid.  Actually, when I was a kid I liked bugs a lot.  Did stuff for home schooling with mom that revolved around bugs.  There's a local place that does a "bug fair" every year or so, and they had some crazy neat stuff there, plus we did some backyard experiments and such.  Like we got a ton of beetle larvae one time and caged them with rotting food and stuff, and basically raised them until they became full grown beetles, then we let them go.  It was really awesome.

However, I do hate sharing my HOUSE with bugs.  It's just annoying.  Not as big of a problem out here in Cali, fortunately, but I don't think you can ever really avoid it.  There's always some little thing crawling around where you don't want it.

天才的な閃きと平均以下のテクニックやな。 課長有野

Offline NatchDan

• I object.
    • NatchDan Music
« Reply #2 on: Saturday, August 11, 2007, 10:14:10 AM »
On this note, fuck Ghandi's new avatar.
|

Offline Ghandi

• HAMS
« Reply #3 on: Saturday, August 11, 2007, 10:23:10 AM »
 :-[

Offline Quemaqua

• 古い塩
  • Administrator
  • Forum god
  • パンダは触るな。
    • Bookruptcy
« Reply #4 on: Saturday, August 11, 2007, 10:23:26 AM »
 ;D

天才的な閃きと平均以下のテクニックやな。 課長有野

Offline Antares

• Veteran
« Reply #5 on: Monday, August 13, 2007, 05:08:42 PM »
I've never really minded bugs.  Crickets don't really bother me unless they're chirping inside, in which case the little bastard needs to go back outside.

spiders on the other hand....

Offline Ghandi

• HAMS
« Reply #6 on: Monday, August 13, 2007, 08:38:04 PM »
I found a huge spider in my parents bathroom last night. I threw it in the toilet, under some toilet paper, and was ready to flush, ending it's misery. The spider in question, however, was quite the swimmer. It held it's breath for about 30 seconds, and started to swim around the toilet paper and to the surface. I never knew that spiders were such good swimmers.