Author Topic: How can Gamestop/EB sink lower?  (Read 1707 times)

Offline idolminds

• ZOMG!
  • Administrator
  • Forum god
How can Gamestop/EB sink lower?
« on: Tuesday, July 17, 2007, 05:55:02 PM »
By selling new clearance games as used.

See, if they clearance the game they make it cheaper. If they simply throw a used sticker on there all of a sudden they can raise the price! "Oh no, we don't have any new copies. We do have some used ones over here."

Seeing as how they open everything anyway, putting used stickers on them might be closer to truth in labeling.

Offline K-man

• Post-aholic
  • HOW'S IT FEEEEEL IDOL
Re: How can Gamestop/EB sink lower?
« Reply #1 on: Tuesday, July 17, 2007, 06:58:59 PM »
Gamestop/EB only get my business as a last resort.  They're a shitty establishment, plain and simple.

Offline idolminds

• ZOMG!
  • Administrator
  • Forum god
« Reply #2 on: Tuesday, July 17, 2007, 07:07:20 PM »
Thats pretty much my feelings going forward. If I can get a game somewhere else I will.

Offline MysterD

• Forum god
  • OWNet 4 Eternity & Beyond
« Reply #3 on: Tuesday, July 17, 2007, 07:20:37 PM »
Thats pretty much my feelings going forward. If I can get a game somewhere else I will.

If I buy from GS/EB, I look at all my products before I walk OUT the door.

It's a good thing I buy PC games from them -- since they don't sell used PC games there normally -- that's probably why my CD's never look fucked-up. :)

EDIT:
By selling new clearance games as used.

See, if they clearance the game they make it cheaper. If they simply throw a used sticker on there all of a sudden they can raise the price! "Oh no, we don't have any new copies. We do have some used ones over here."

Seeing as how they open everything anyway, putting used stickers on them might be closer to truth in labeling.

That is crappy business -- that really is....

...But, I guess, that beats buying a used game, which turns out to be brand freakin' new -- that beats getting screwed the other way around, which they got in trouble for -- which is when you buy a new game, but your game CD happens to be majorly used (and possibly scratched up, dirty, nasty, and even quite fucked-up).

I once bought used from EBGames.com online Silent Hill for the PSX for real dirt cheap -- like $10. The copy of the game I received, looked like whoever owned it took great care of it. It looked like it was brand freakin' new. I got lucky.

Offline Quemaqua

• 古い塩
  • Administrator
  • Forum god
  • パンダは触るな。
    • Bookruptcy
« Reply #4 on: Tuesday, July 17, 2007, 10:12:00 PM »
That tears it.  From now on, I order online.  Fuck those people.  They don't stock anything of value, they fuck over their employees, and you can't even order harder to find stuff on their website.  Pathetic.  They're a limp horse and should be taken out back and shot.

天才的な閃きと平均以下のテクニックやな。 課長有野