Author Topic: I want to play Full Spectrum Warrior all of a sudden  (Read 2349 times)

Offline idolminds

• ZOMG!
  • Administrator
  • Forum god
I want to play Full Spectrum Warrior all of a sudden
« on: Wednesday, June 13, 2007, 09:13:38 PM »
When I ordered Quake 4 from GoGamer I had a look around the site for cheap things to add to it. Didnt really find any cool cheap games, but I did find some E3 DVDs from the 2004 show for $2 so I sprang for it. Its pretty cool to see. I had never seen the E3 press conferences from Sony, MS, and Nintendo so its cool to see what they are like (Sonys is boring, MS is so so, Nintendos was cool). They even have some PC stuff.

While not on the PC disc, but on the Xbox disc was a dude showing Full Spectrum Warrior. I played the PC demo ages ago, but seeing it again has all of a sudden made me want to play it. Looks like Target and Walmart sell the game in a jewel case (DVD disc) for $10. If II see it I'm planning on splurging.

Offline Xessive

• Gold Member
    • XSV @ deviantART
Re: I want to play Full Spectrum Warrior all of a sudden
« Reply #1 on: Wednesday, June 13, 2007, 10:13:55 PM »
Dude this is really weird.. That's exactly what I was craving yesterday! I think I might get Ten Hammers.

Offline scottws

• Gold Member
    • Facebook Me
« Reply #2 on: Wednesday, June 13, 2007, 11:01:34 PM »
Weird, but I can't say I don't have the same feelings about old games.  For me it's always Starcraft and Deus Ex though.

As for FSW, I was all excited for it before it came out.  Then I played it and found it pretty boring.  I don't think I even beat the first level.

Offline Xessive

• Gold Member
    • XSV @ deviantART
« Reply #3 on: Thursday, June 14, 2007, 01:36:24 AM »
I've only played the demo, and I thought it was alright. It was like a mix of a tactical shooter and real-time strategy.

I can see it getting boring after a while, but sometimes I just have an urge to tactically neutralize an enemy :P

Offline MysterD

• Forum god
  • OWNet 4 Eternity & Beyond
« Reply #4 on: Thursday, June 14, 2007, 01:37:00 PM »
I have FSW for the PC, which I got some time back for $10. DVD Edition.
I ain't even began it.

Offline angrykeebler

• Veteran
« Reply #5 on: Thursday, June 14, 2007, 01:54:18 PM »
I suddenly have an itch to play some Civilizations 2. Not 4 or 3 but classic 2 where you can nuke all you want without causing global warming or whatever.
Suck it, Pugnate.

Offline idolminds

• ZOMG!
  • Administrator
  • Forum god
« Reply #6 on: Tuesday, June 19, 2007, 03:33:12 PM »
I went to 4 different places today and no one had the game. They had used copies of the Xbox version but I want it on PC!

Offline MysterD

• Forum god
« Reply #7 on: Sunday, June 24, 2007, 02:14:12 PM »
Idol, when I got FSW PC, I got it at Staples for $10 in a jewel case.
It's on DVD, as well.

And that was around two months ago or so.

If you got a Staples nearby, go check 'em out. :)

Offline idolminds

• ZOMG!
  • Administrator
  • Forum god
« Reply #8 on: Sunday, June 24, 2007, 02:23:35 PM »
Thanks man, I'll check it out.

Offline idolminds

• ZOMG!
  • Administrator
  • Forum god
« Reply #9 on: Saturday, July 14, 2007, 10:45:55 PM »
So I bought it. Only on the 3rd mission or something like that. I'm taking my time with it, otherwise I can see how it could be repetitious. I think it would have had a great community if it had an editor.

I must say it is a very pretty game. Nice lighting and animations. The bloom can be a little much for the sky, but you rarely see the sky it seems.

Overall I'm enjoying it quite a bit. In a strange way it reminds me of Gears of War.

Offline MysterD

• Forum god
« Reply #10 on: Sunday, July 15, 2007, 05:34:05 AM »
So I bought it. Only on the 3rd mission or something like that. I'm taking my time with it, otherwise I can see how it could be repetitious. I think it would have had a great community if it had an editor.

I must say it is a very pretty game. Nice lighting and animations. The bloom can be a little much for the sky, but you rarely see the sky it seems.

Overall I'm enjoying it quite a bit. In a strange way it reminds me of Gears of War.

I haven't decided to actually begin this game, but hell -- maybe I should...

Offline MysterD

• Forum god
« Reply #11 on: Saturday, July 21, 2007, 09:55:26 AM »
I'm curious, did anybody play FSW: Ten Hammers on the XBox or PC???

Well, there's a game I ain't seen in stores for the PC in forever. Hell, I see copies of the original FSW PC as opposed to Ten Hammers PC.

Offline idolminds

• ZOMG!
  • Administrator
  • Forum god
« Reply #12 on: Saturday, July 21, 2007, 10:24:24 AM »
I heard TH was just "more of the same". While it added some things (split the squads of 4 into two teams of two each), they didn't really change much.

And as a side note, I uninstalled FSW. Not that it was bad, but the mood passed. And really, its a one trick pony. You set up and leapfrog your teams, kill the enemy, get to the checkpoint. One thing I don't like is how dumb your soldiers can be, and you have to babysit them sometimes. Its like...I'm ordering a squad to cease fire because the other squad is moving into that area ahead of them. Well they stop shooting, but one of the dumbasses keeps standing in the open and gets killed. When I tell you to stop shooting you should get your ass back behind cover like a normal person would do.