Author Topic: WOOOOHOOOO!!!! (College Football Related)  (Read 1945 times)

Offline Ghandi

• HAMS
WOOOOHOOOO!!!! (College Football Related)
« on: Saturday, September 01, 2007, 01:27:24 PM »
Appalachian State: 34
Michigan: 32

App, which is a div 1-AA team, just beat Michigan, who was playing AT HOME and was ranked #5 in the country at Division 1-A. This is the first time in history that a division 1-AA team has beat a ranked 1-A team. It was a great game- it was 32-31 with a minute and a half left, and Michigan was kicking a field goal. We blocked it, drove up the field, and kicked a field goal with 24 seconds left. Then Michigan drove to the App 20 yard line with 6 seconds left, and we BLOCKED THE GAME WINNING FIELD GOAL!!!! Man, exciting times. This is being called the biggest upset in college football history.

Anyways, I'm going to go celebrate. So many parties tonight.

Offline firestorm225

• Rookie
Re: WOOOOHOOOO!!!! (College Football Related)
« Reply #1 on: Saturday, September 01, 2007, 11:54:50 PM »
Stories like this make me wish my school had a football team. We did win the division I national championship in soccer last year but no one likes soccer :(

Offline scottws

• Gold Member
    • Facebook Me
« Reply #2 on: Sunday, September 02, 2007, 05:57:39 AM »
Yeah, that's pretty funny.

In other news, a high school that is a rival to my own just snapped last night the longest winning streak in the country.  They beat the Charlotte Independence Patriots, who hadn't lost in seven full years.  It was funny to see some of the North Carolina message boards.  People were stunned and said things like "Wow, that team is a lot better than all the other teams that Independence usually faces."  The team that beat them, Elder, isn't even the best team in the state.  In fact, they are currently ranked #3 in the city.  I guess North Carolina just got a taste of what Ohio football is all about.

Offline Ghandi

• HAMS
« Reply #3 on: Sunday, September 02, 2007, 04:53:13 PM »