Author Topic: Dumb French people  (Read 2230 times)

Offline Ghandi

• HAMS
Dumb French people
« on: Monday, September 03, 2007, 07:08:55 PM »

Offline scottws

• Gold Member
    • Facebook Me
Re: Dumb French people
« Reply #1 on: Monday, September 03, 2007, 10:06:28 PM »
LOL, nice.  I did read the comments, and one poster said that the European audiences tend to purposely provide the wrong answer.  I don't know if that's true or not, but ultimately I guess it doesn't matter.  Here's to hoping it was just nerves and not complete dumbassness.

Once on the U.S. version I saw a guy get the very first question wrong:  "Fill in the blank: 'Duck, duck, _____.'"  Choices being goose, duck, and two other words I can't remember.  I know... it's a stumper alright!

Cools

« Reply #2 on: Monday, September 03, 2007, 10:33:01 PM »
Duck, duck, BANG? I don't know!

Offline Ghandi

• HAMS
« Reply #3 on: Monday, September 03, 2007, 10:57:35 PM »
I don't care how nervous you are -- if it takes you 10 minutes to think about that question then you probably aren't running on all cylinders. I mean, I was taught that in....kindergarten? 1st grade?

Offline iPPi

• Roar!
« Reply #4 on: Monday, September 03, 2007, 10:59:12 PM »
I seriously wonder if the question was worded confusingly so that more than half the audience chose the wrong answer.

Offline Cobra951

• Gold Member
« Reply #5 on: Tuesday, September 04, 2007, 12:53:27 AM »
Once on the U.S. version I saw a guy get the very first question wrong:  "Fill in the blank: 'Duck, duck, _____.'"  Choices being goose, duck, and two other words I can't remember.  I know... it's a stumper alright!

I wouldn't have known the answer to that one until last year, when I heard my little one doing some "duck, duck, goose" thing with the neighbor's boy.

Edit:  I got bored with the video clip.  Dum dum!

Offline Quemaqua

• 古い塩
  • Administrator
  • Forum god
  • パンダは触るな。
    • Bookruptcy
« Reply #6 on: Tuesday, September 04, 2007, 12:56:09 AM »
According to Babelfish, it literally says "What gravitates around the Earth?"  So no, apparently the people in that audience were actually *that* stupid.

I can understand a guy hesitating a moment before answering to ensure he was getting it and it wasn't a trick question, but that's all just really sad.

天才的な閃きと平均以下のテクニックやな。 課長有野