Author Topic: Nancy Grace is a lovely human being and we should all respect her.  (Read 3071 times)

Offline WindAndConfusion

• Veteran
Nancy Grace is a lovely human being and we should all respect her.
« on: Monday, September 10, 2007, 02:28:44 PM »

Cools

Re: Nancy Grace is a lovely human being and we should all respect her.
« Reply #1 on: Monday, September 10, 2007, 02:57:02 PM »
Hahaha!!!

Man, that's some funny shit! Good job Elizabeth!

Offline WindAndConfusion

• Veteran
« Reply #2 on: Monday, September 10, 2007, 03:03:49 PM »
(click to show/hide)

Offline gpw11

• Gold Member
« Reply #3 on: Monday, September 10, 2007, 04:36:18 PM »
Awesome, but is it 100% real?   

Offline Ghandi

• HAMS
« Reply #4 on: Monday, September 10, 2007, 04:39:13 PM »
I imagine hell being something like listening to Nancy Grace and Bill O'rielly debate for eternity.

Offline WindAndConfusion

• Veteran
« Reply #5 on: Monday, September 10, 2007, 07:04:19 PM »
Awesome, but is it 100% real?   
I'm having trouble figuring that out. It's supposedly from her podcast, but she only has the last six episodes available, and the mutiny happened in May.

Offline Cobra951

• Gold Member
« Reply #6 on: Monday, September 10, 2007, 07:41:08 PM »
I've seen this woman on TV occasionally, but I have no idea what her claim to fame is, or why some people hate her.  Her stuck-up look is too castrating for the insecure?

Offline gpw11

• Gold Member
« Reply #7 on: Monday, September 10, 2007, 07:56:15 PM »
I think it has more to do with the fact that she's basically so bitchy she's not even human anymore.   

She Rapes Puppies

I NEED THE RAPE STATS

Full Elizabeth Smart clip

She's very grating.

Offline WindAndConfusion

• Veteran
« Reply #8 on: Monday, September 10, 2007, 08:04:29 PM »
I'll just save myself the effort and copy/paste from Wikipedia.
Suicide of interviewee

In 2006, Grace was involved in an incident reported heavily in U.S. and international media when a 21-year-old woman, Melinda Duckett, committed suicide following an interview conducted by Grace concerning the disappearance of Duckett's 2-year-old son.[11]

Grace interviewed Duckett less than two weeks after the child went missing, questioning Duckett for her perceived lack of openness regarding her son's disappearance, asking Duckett "Where were you? Why aren't you telling us where you were that day?"[12] Duckett appeared confused and was unable to answer whether she had taken a polygraph test. When Grace asked her "why" she could not account for specific details, Duckett began to reply "Because I was told not to", to which Grace responded "Ms Duckett, you are not telling us for a reason. What is the reason? You refuse to give even the simplest facts of where you were with your son before he went missing. It is day twelve...." According to the CNN transcript, Duckett replied, "(INAUDIBLE) with all media. It`s not just there, just all media. Period." Grace then moved on to a media psychologist who explained to Grace that Duckett was "skirting around the issue."[12][11]

The next day before the airing of the show, Duckett shot herself, a death which relatives claim was influenced by media scrutiny, particularly from Grace.[13][11] Speaking to the The Orlando Sentinel, Duckett's grandfather Bill Eubank said, "Nancy Grace and the others, they just bashed her to the end... She was not one anyone ever would have thought of to do something like this." CNN has also been criticized for allowing the show to air in the wake of Duckett's suicide. Police investigating the case had not named Melinda Duckett as a suspect in the case at the time, but after her suicide the police did say that she, as nearly all parents are in missing-child cases, was a suspect from the beginning.[11]

In an interview with "Good Morning America," Nancy Grace said in reaction to events that "If anything, I would suggest that guilt made her commit suicide. To suggest that a 15 or 20 minute interview can cause someone to commit suicide is focusing on the wrong thing." She then said while she sympathized with the family, she knew from her own experience as a victim of crime that such people look for somebody else to blame.[14]

Elizabeth Smart kidnapping

During the Smart case, when suspect Richard Ricci was arrested by police on the basis that he had a criminal record and had worked on the Smarts' home, Grace immediately and repeatedly proclaimed on CourtTV and CNN's Larry King that Ricci "was guilty", although there was little evidence to support this claim. She also suggested publicly that Ricci's girlfriend was involved in the coverup of his alleged crime. Grace continued to accuse Ricci, though he has since died.

It was later revealed that Smart was kidnapped by Brian David Mitchell and Wanda Barzee, two individuals with whom Richard Ricci had no connection.

When Grace was specifically confronted on CourtTV seven months later as to whether she was 'incorrect' that Ricci "was guilty", and whether she felt bad about it in any way, she stated that Ricci was a known ex-con, a known felon, and brought suspicion on himself "so who could blame anyone for claiming he was the perpetrator". When Larry King asked her about the matter she equated criticism of herself with criticism of the police in the case. She said: "I'm not letting you take the police with me on a guilt trip."[10]

Duke Lacrosse case

A video montage on The Daily Show (12 April 2007) showed Grace repeatedly taking the side of the rape accuser in the 2006 Duke University lacrosse case, and regularly changing her logic regarding the use of DNA data. When talking to Stephen Miller of the Duke Conservative Union, who expressed concern that the students may have been falsely accused, Grace shouted "Oh Good Lord!" and then proceeded to say, "You are saying that...your first problem is two innocent people?" Also in the montage, on June 9, 2006, a guest commented that the filings by the defense showed reasonable doubt. Grace accused them of prematurely taking sides, and then said, "Why do not we all just move to Nazi Germany, where we do not have a justice system and a jury of one's peers?" On 12 April 2007 North Carolina Attorney General Roy Cooper dismissed all the charges against the three defendants. That night Nancy Grace did not appear on her show; instead, guest host Jane Velez-Mitchell presented. She has not yet commented on the dismissal and her public statements regarding this case.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nancy_Grace#Suicide_of_interviewee

She was one of the shrillest and most inflammatory accusers in the media during the Duke Lacrosse scandal:

Plus she's the most obnoxious person I've ever seen on television.

In other words, she's a lovely human being and we should all be grateful that we can see her on TV. Lovely, lovely human being.

EDIT: Forgot to mention. She's also a former prosecutor. Which makes her vindictive, accusatory bullshit that much more terrifying.

Offline Ghandi

• HAMS
« Reply #9 on: Monday, September 10, 2007, 08:34:05 PM »
I've seen this woman on TV occasionally, but I have no idea what her claim to fame is, or why some people hate her.  Her stuck-up look is too castrating for the insecure?

She's a fucking bitch. She will say anything to get ratings. Hence, my quasi comparison to O'reilly.

Offline Raisa

• Veteran
« Reply #10 on: Monday, September 10, 2007, 10:45:39 PM »
anyone for pretzels?
Taken.

Offline Quemaqua

• 古い塩
  • Administrator
  • Forum god
  • パンダは触るな。
    • Bookruptcy
« Reply #11 on: Monday, September 10, 2007, 11:50:54 PM »
 ... who cares?

天才的な閃きと平均以下のテクニックやな。 課長有野

Offline WindAndConfusion

• Veteran
« Reply #12 on: Tuesday, September 11, 2007, 01:34:04 AM »
Who cares that anyone, let alone a former prosecutor, is allowed to go on the air and say that kind of bullshit without getting sued into oblivion? Or who cares that her bitchcraft eventually led to her own production crew publicly humiliating her?

Offline Cobra951

• Gold Member
« Reply #13 on: Tuesday, September 11, 2007, 02:09:40 AM »
In the immortal words of Bugs Bunny, "she's a niiice lady! (eeewwww!)"

Offline Quemaqua

• 古い塩
  • Administrator
  • Forum god
  • パンダは触るな。
    • Bookruptcy
« Reply #14 on: Tuesday, September 11, 2007, 07:08:08 AM »
Who cares that anyone, let alone a former prosecutor, is allowed to go on the air and say that kind of bullshit without getting sued into oblivion? Or who cares that her bitchcraft eventually led to her own production crew publicly humiliating her?

Well... yeah, pretty much.  Why exactly does this matter to you?  There are a billion idiots on TV who spout off at the mouth and should probably be shot.  I fail to understand why this is news.

Offline WindAndConfusion

• Veteran
« Reply #15 on: Tuesday, September 11, 2007, 02:24:55 PM »
You seriously don't understand why Nancy Grace is quantifiably worse than those other billion idiots? Or you don't see the humor in her comeuppance?

Either way, your attempt to look cynical and worldly has failed.

Offline Quemaqua

• 古い塩
  • Administrator
  • Forum god
  • パンダは触るな。
    • Bookruptcy
« Reply #16 on: Tuesday, September 11, 2007, 07:24:17 PM »
Firstly, the "who cares" was in relation to the person of Nancy Grace as a whole.  Maybe that wasn't clear.  I wasn't talking about the fact that her own crew put animals humping on her show.  That's kind of funny.  I'd hardly qualify it as anything approaching comeuppance, given that I'm sure she's as popular as ever and with as big a paycheck as ever, but sure, it's funny.  Still, I return to my doubt, which is that while I understand that you've got your buttons that you don't like pushed, just like we all do, and that apparently this chick pushes them, nothing you've said has moved me in particular.  How does being a stupid bitch make her any worse than all the other fools that grace the lovely world of media?  These people are everywhere.  Turn on the TV for ten seconds, start flipping channels, and measure how much sophomoric slop spills from their undeveloped mouths.  It's as though they just climbed out of the slough for the first time and discovered they had these funny holes capable of making noise, so they blow them all over the fucking place because there are other people in the world stupid enough to listen and call it speech.

Anyway, whatever.  I'm not arguing against your general contention that this woman is an idiot, I just don't get why people always seem to pick out one or two icons to hate when they've got so many worthy targets.  Maybe I've been hearing too many complaints about Nancy Grace and am just getting tired of it.  In fact, that's probably it.  It's like people bitching about Ann Coulter.  If I have to hear another of those witty anecdotes, somebody's going to lose a fucking limb.

Offline WindAndConfusion

• Veteran
« Reply #17 on: Tuesday, September 11, 2007, 09:10:53 PM »
That she's a stupid bitch is the least of all the things wrong with her. Did you read any of the stuff I posted earlier?
  • She has accused innocent people of crimes, on several different occasions. For example, she declared that Richard Ricci was guilty of kidnapping Elizabeth Smart.
  • When confronted with the fact that she was totally fucking wrong when she declared Ricci was guilty, her defense was that the police suspected Ricci (on the basis that he had a prior criminal record, and once worked as a contractor at the Smart home). She also said that he "invited suspicion onto himself" and declared that accusing her of wrongdoing is equivalent to accusing the police of wrongdoing.
  • She was one of the shrillest and loudest accusers during the Duke lacrosse scandal. She asserted that a rape definitely occurred, and she also released private information about the families of the "rapists" (such as home addresses, household income, and other details).

• She has never apologized for the false accusations she made in either Duke lacrosse or Elizabeth Smart cases. She hasn't even "admitted wrongdoing."
  • One of her interviewees committed suicide after appearing on her show. The girl, Melinda Duckett, was 21 when she died. The interview was most likely a motivating factor in her death. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Melinda_Duckett
  • She never apologized for that, either. In fact, to protect her "credibility," she became even more accusatory about Melinda Duckett.
  • Not to mention that she fatally compromised an ongoing police investigation when she interviewed Mrs Duckett.
  • I could go on. Really, I could. For hours.

So to summarize, she's a stupid bitch who uses her position as a news anchor to slander innocent people, violate their privacy, and trample on their due process rights. Morally, she is on a lower level than a typical rapist or murderer.

All this shit is on YouTube. You can easily see it for yourself. Fuck, if you're too lazy, I'll provide links for you.
« Last Edit: Tuesday, September 11, 2007, 09:47:18 PM by WindAndConfusion »

Offline gpw11

• Gold Member
« Reply #18 on: Tuesday, September 11, 2007, 09:35:33 PM »
Dude, I know.  Like if I hear one more person bitching about AIDS, cancer, or malaria I'm going to totally lose it.  Like, all forms of illness are bad...we all know that ok.

Offline Quemaqua

• 古い塩
  • Administrator
  • Forum god
  • パンダは触るな。
    • Bookruptcy
« Reply #19 on: Tuesday, September 11, 2007, 10:51:40 PM »
Exactly.  All people with diseases should just hurry up and die already.

Offline Ghandi

• HAMS
« Reply #20 on: Tuesday, September 11, 2007, 10:58:27 PM »
Que, it's that kind of attitude that just makes me want to hug you.

...In a manly way.

Offline PyroMenace

« Reply #21 on: Tuesday, September 11, 2007, 11:48:22 PM »
See Wind has the ability to find something we all agree with, and somehow manage to get an argument out of it anyway, he has quite the talent.

Offline Quemaqua

• 古い塩
  • Administrator
  • Forum god
  • パンダは触るな。
    • Bookruptcy
« Reply #22 on: Wednesday, September 12, 2007, 12:29:01 AM »
Actually, you can probably blame that on me because I'm a dick.  My ire's been up.  The neighbors were at it again and I had to write a letter to the apartment owners when all I wanted to do was put an axe into one of their smug little faces.

To be more on topic, Wind, why is it that if she's done all this stuff she hasn't been prosecuted for it?  I'm not suggesting she hasn't done it, I'm just curious as to why, with all the hate that seems to be out there for her, nobody's pursued anything?  It seems like people have sued for a lot less.

Offline WindAndConfusion

• Veteran
« Reply #23 on: Wednesday, September 12, 2007, 12:47:26 AM »
  • The Duckett family is suing, for wrongful death.
  • Richard Ricci has since died, which would make a defamation lawsuit kind of difficult.
  • The Duke kids still might sue, although for now they're focusing on their prosecutor, their university, and their state.
  • She mostly picks on people who can't afford legal representation.
  • She also picks on celebrities, who are considered "public figures" with respect to libel and slander laws, which makes it more difficult for them to sue.
  • CNN's lawyers have previously censored her show to keep it (just barely) legal.
  • I believe in previous cases she has settled out-of-court.
Evidently her ratings are fantastic, which is a) how her show makes money and b) why I sort of feel bad for giving her the free publicity of ceaselessly mocking her.

Offline scottws

• Gold Member
    • Facebook Me
« Reply #24 on: Wednesday, September 12, 2007, 12:28:33 PM »
Beyond all the things everyone has already said, I always thought she was a person not in touch socially or even with reality.  She comes across like an alien to me.  She speaks to people in a strange manner of tone and accent, so much that if it weren't for the words themselves I would barely recognize it as the English language.

She also seems to ask questions that don't really follow a pattern.  Like she'll ask something, the person will respond in some way and then instead of basing her next question on their response, she asks something completely different and repeats this ad naseum.

Offline angrykeebler

• Veteran
« Reply #25 on: Thursday, September 13, 2007, 02:42:00 PM »
Que, it's that kind of attitude that just makes me want to hug you.

...In a manly way.

DON"T DO IT.

Que is a slant-eye sympathizer.

Stay strong brother. We will push back the yellow menace.
Suck it, Pugnate.