Author Topic: Just finished watching Lost season 3 -- SPOILERS  (Read 1387 times)

Offline Pugnate

• What? You no like?
  • Global Moderator
  • Forum god
    • OW
Just finished watching Lost season 3 -- SPOILERS
« on: Wednesday, November 21, 2007, 01:34:56 PM »
Damn I thought it was awesome. The second season was disappointing though it ended well, but this was awesome through out. Very few episodes dragged... and some episodes were totally top notch. Maybe it is because I came off of the inconsistent Heroes show, but I found this to be awesome.

The ending totally caught me off guard, though I don't know how they'll manage the next few seasons.

And that Locke bit where he encounters Jacob... that really freaked me out...

Great season.

edit:

Was happy to see on wiki that it was really well received. The first six eps may have been slow, but then it was one badass episode after another. I can't wait for season 4 to finish, so I can start watching. Damn this writer's strike. Fucking great season though.

Offline ren

• Veteran
Re: Just finished watching Lost season 3 -- SPOILERS
« Reply #1 on: Wednesday, November 21, 2007, 09:20:42 PM »
I thought it was pretty damn bad until the last 3rd or quarter or so. They seemed to lay off the cheese at that point. I'd put the end of season 3 up there with the best of 2 and close to 1. The rest of it was pretty garbage.

Offline Jedi

• Poster Child
« Reply #2 on: Wednesday, November 21, 2007, 11:03:07 PM »
The first 1/2 os the season wasn't so flash but they picked up their game midway through which means I'll be watching the next season. Unlike a certain badly acted slow moving BS show...  >:(

Offline Quemaqua

• 古い塩
  • Administrator
  • Forum god
  • パンダは触るな。
    • Bookruptcy
« Reply #3 on: Thursday, November 22, 2007, 12:01:37 AM »
I don't know how you people can still watch this.  I don't have the patience for it on any level whatsoever.

天才的な閃きと平均以下のテクニックやな。 課長有野

Offline ren

• Veteran
« Reply #4 on: Thursday, November 22, 2007, 07:21:32 AM »
You phase out for 45 minutes a week and watch a show that you find entertaining; what's so hard?

Offline Pugnate

• What? You no like?
  • Global Moderator
  • Forum god
    • OW
« Reply #5 on: Thursday, November 22, 2007, 07:26:11 AM »
I am surprised you didn't like it as much Ren. Personally I found it to be better than season 2 easily, and on par with the first season. That bit with Jacob was especially freaky.

So what are your theories on the Island now?

Offline Quemaqua

• 古い塩
  • Administrator
  • Forum god
  • パンダは触るな。
    • Bookruptcy
« Reply #6 on: Thursday, November 22, 2007, 11:45:17 AM »
You phase out for 45 minutes a week and watch a show that you find entertaining; what's so hard?

Caring?

Offline Jedi

• Poster Child
« Reply #7 on: Thursday, November 22, 2007, 11:51:32 AM »
Caring?

Caring... it comes easier for some of us.

Offline Quemaqua

• 古い塩
  • Administrator
  • Forum god
  • パンダは触るな。
    • Bookruptcy
« Reply #8 on: Thursday, November 22, 2007, 11:54:15 AM »
Heh, I guess so.  I like the concept of the show, it just drags way too much for me.  Watching it feels like a chore rather than entertainment.  Generally speaking I'm patient with stuff and don't mind if something cooks in the oven a bit longer than some others, but for whatever reason this show just makes me anxious for something to happen that never seems to.

Offline ren

• Veteran
« Reply #9 on: Thursday, November 22, 2007, 12:15:33 PM »
I don't mind the pace but I'm probably cheating a bit. I don't watch tv because commercials pretty much ruin shows for me. So I download episodes and then watch them whenever I have time. That usually ends up being 2 or 3 at a time so the pacing isn't enough to bother me.

Season one and two both had a central theme or goal. Season three didn't really seem to have a goal at all. The show just seemed aimless which made any flaw in writing annoy the hell out of me. Also, season three slowed a bit too much; it felt like some episodes were in real-time. Now that they have an ending date to the show I'm hoping that won't be a problem anymore.

Offline nickclone

• Veteran
« Reply #10 on: Tuesday, November 27, 2007, 05:06:04 PM »
Season 3 started out crappy and I stopped watching it. Then I started downloading four episodes at once and it got better, pretty good ending too.